Daily Devotional 가이드 (5/25/19) 금요일

adminkms 2019.05.22 11:33 조회 수 : 972

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘The Wrong Key’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 11, 2019>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Wrong Key

Ethan's mom was making dinner when he walked into their apartment. "Hi, Mom," he said as he put his coat in the closet. "Youth group was great! We had a missionary speaker who talked to us about how to tell people about Jesus." He cringed when he heard a bowl come down hard onto the counter. Oops, he thought. I forgot--she probably doesn't want to hear about it.

"Well, don't start preaching at me," Mom said. "I'm doing fine on my own."

"But, Mom," said Ethan, feeling like he needed to say something, "the only way to heaven is through Jesus. We need to have our sins forgiven."

"Ethan, if God is as good as you say He is, then He'll let good people into heaven. Life hasn't been easy for me, but I've managed to put food on the table and take care of you all by myself. That should count for something!"

Ethan sighed. "Mom, what counts is what God says. He says nobody is good enough for heaven and that you need to trust in His Son, Jesus."

Mom pursed her lips. "I told you--I don't want to be preached at."

The next day, it was raining when Ethan's mom picked him up from school on her way home from work. They ran down the street, and Mom got out her keys as they raced up the steps to their apartment building.

"Hurry, Mom. I'm getting wet!" Ethan exclaimed as she fumbled with the keys.

"I can't get the key in the lock," said Mom. She tried to stab the key into the lock again, but it didn't fit.

"Are you sure you have the right key?" asked Ethan.

Mom looked at the key in her hand. "Oops! This is the key to our apartment, not the front door!" She found the right key and turned the lock. "I can't believe I was trying to open that door with the wrong key!" she said once they were inside.

"But Mom--you're trying to do the same thing with God," said Ethan quietly. "You're trying to get into heaven by your own goodness. That's the wrong key!"

Mom looked startled. This time she didn't argue when Ethan told her she needed to trust in Jesus to be saved.

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Do you trust Jesus to save you from sin? Or do you think you can get to heaven some other way? The Bible clearly teaches that God loves you and sent His Son, Jesus, to take the punishment for your sin so you could be forgiven for the wrong things you’ve done. There is no other way to have eternal life. Trust Jesus today. 

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Acts 4:12 (KJV)
There is no other name [Jesus] under heaven given to people by which we must be saved. (CSB)