** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘You Can Do It!’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 6, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

You can do it! (Monday)

Read: Psalm 119:9-16 

"I can't memorize these verses!" grumbled Carter. He threw his papers down on the table. "There's no way, so why should I try?"

"I'm sure you can do it," said Mom gently. "I know it's hard, but it's worth the time and effort. Not only will you earn a scholarship to summer camp, but you'll also learn more about Jesus and be putting His Word in your heart and mind."

"I know, I know," said Carter, "but I just can't do it!"

"Well, maybe I can help you after supper," Mom said. "If we talk through what each verse means, they might be easier for you to learn."

Postponing study time sounded good to Carter. He put his Bible away and went to watch cartoons with his sister.

Carter and Macey watched TV together for a few minutes, but soon there was a commercial break. As they went to the kitchen for a snack, Carter recited the advertiser's blurb right along with the announcer, imitating the tones and enthusiasm the announcer expressed. Macey giggled. "You should apply for a job as an announcer," she told Carter. "You didn't miss a word."

"It's amazing!" Mom said. "You've learned that entire commercial--word perfect!"

Carter grinned. "Well, I've heard it often enough. That commercial comes on over and over. No wonder I know it."

"That's interesting," said Mom. "You memorized something off TV that means nothing to you, but you say you can't memorize Bible verses that tell about God's great love for you and how to live as His child."

"Maybe you haven't heard the Bible verses often enough," said Macey. "You probably need to go over them some more."

Carter was a little startled. He hadn't thought of that.

"I think your sister is right," said Mom. "If you go over those verses as many times as you've heard that commercial, you should be able to memorize them too."

"Sure, you can," Macey said. "C'mon, Carter. Let's go watch the cartoon, and every time a commercial comes on, we'll mute the TV and go over one of your verses. Deal?"

"Deal!" said Carter. "I'll go get my list and be right back." Linda M. Weddle

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you find it hard to memorize Bible verses? Could it be because you don’t go over them often enough? If you don’t understand what they mean, ask a parent or teacher for help. Then go over and over the verses you’re learning. Make them a part of your thoughts, and use them to remember Jesus’ love for you and how He’s saved you from sin. Putting God’s Word in your heart is something you can do!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 119:11 (KJV)

Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘No Fear’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 2, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

No fear (Tuesday)

Read: Psalm 46:1-3, 10-11

Swish, swish. The wipers worked furiously to clear the windshield. KA-BOOM! CRACK! Thunder roared as lightning ripped across the sky. Swish, swish, swish, swish. "I'm scared," Michaela said. "Can you even see the road, Mom?"

"Yes, Michaela," her mom said tensely. Splat! A wall of water struck the windshield as a truck passed by.

"Mom!" screeched Michaela. Then she sighed. "I hate this."

Mom nodded. "I know. This storm came up so fast! We'll pull off to the side when we get a chance. In the meantime, let's pray together." Keeping her eyes glued to the road, Mom prayed out loud. "Jesus, please keep us safe. Thank You for being here with us. Help us to trust You."

Michaela whimpered as another wall of water leaped at the windshield. "It's okay," Mom said. "Think, honey--did God get us safely to your piano recital?" Michaela nodded as the wipers kept up their relentless swish, swish, swish, swish. "Did God help you when you were nervous about playing your song in front of everyone?" Mom asked.

Michaela nodded. "Yes," she admitted, "but--if God really loves us, why doesn't He make the storm stop now? We even prayed! Why doesn't He stop it?"

"I don't know," Mom replied.

"You don't know?"

"No," said Mom. "I don't know why God allows some things to happen, but I do know that He's God! And He loves us and is always with us. Jesus died to save us, and He promises to be right there with us when we face difficulties and to help us through them."

Swish, swish, swish. Michaela watched the wipers go back and forth, back and forth. Thinking about the truth of Mom's words, Michaela started to hum. And then she began to sing. "God is so good...He's so good to me." Swish, swish, swish. KA-BOOM! CRASH! Rain poured down from black, ominous clouds. "Doesn't look like it's gonna quit," Michaela said quietly.

"Not for a while," Mom replied, watching the road. She smiled. "Let's sing again."

Together they started another verse. "I'll praise His name." Swish, swish, swish. "I'll praise His name." Swish, swish, swish. "I'll praise His name." Swish. "He's so good to me." Lisa D. Cowman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

What scary things are you facing right now? Are you in a new class with none of your friends? Afraid your parents will get divorced? Concerned about someone who is ill? Do you wonder why God doesn’t fix the problem? While we don’t know His reasons for allowing some things to happen, we do know that He loves us and is always with us. Trust Jesus to care for you during this difficult time, knowing that He’s God.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 46:10 (KJV)

Be still, and know that I am God.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘The Bumpy Road’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 3, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Bumpy Road (Wednesday)

Read: Philippians 1:27-30 

Henry shut the kitchen door behind him, but he could not shut out the taunting remarks ringing in his head. He walked slowly toward the room where he heard the whir of his mom's sewing machine. "Did you have a good day, Henry?" asked Mom, looking up. Tears filled Henry's eyes, and he shook his head fiercely. Mom pointed to a chair. "Sit down and tell me about it."

Henry gulped and sat down. "At lunchtime some of the guys started saying really mean things about one of the teachers. They wouldn't cut it out even after I told them to stop, so finally I just left."

"Good for you," Mom said.

Henry sighed heavily. "Oh yeah, good for me! Good old Holy Henry! That's what they called me the rest of the day."

"Doing the right thing isn't always easy," said Mom. She started taking pins out of a piece of material.

Henry sniffed. Then changing the subject, he asked, "What are you making?"

"A jacket for Carolyn," Mom replied. "The one she's wearing is really too small."

Henry ran his finger across a piece of the material she was using. "This is corduroy, isn't it? It sure is bumpy." He inspected the material more closely. "You know what? In history class we learned they used to make roads over swampy ground that were called corduroy roads. I can see why they called them that. Logs were laid side by side, and that made ridges that kind of looked like corduroy, only much bigger! Imagine riding on one of those. Bumpity-bump! Bumpity-bump!"

Mom put down her scissors. "That would be rough. It reminds me how our lives are something like that as followers of Jesus. Sometimes the road we walk with Him is a corduroy road."

"What do you mean?" asked Henry.

"Think about the part you walked today," said Mom. "It was pretty bumpy, wasn't it? But you made it." Mom smiled. "The rough spots didn't wreck you, and Jesus was with you the whole time."

Henry stood up and grinned. "I guess there are worse things to be called than Holy Henry. I'll keep trusting Jesus to help me do what's right, even when the road gets bumpy." Barbara J. Westberg

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you had to take a different road from that of your friends? Did you have to say no to them and take a stand against something they were doing? Maybe they laughed at you or called you names. Living the Christian life is not always easy, but Jesus is with you every step of the way. Trust Him to help you through the bumps in the road as you walk with Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Proverbs 16:17 (KJV)

The road of the faithful turns away from sin. He who watches his way keeps his life. (NLV)

‘A Helping Hand’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 7, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Helping Hand (Thursday)

Read: Romans 12:9-13; Hebrews 6:10-12

"Help me with my mittens, Wes." Ryder held his hand up to his big brother. "Okay," said Wes, "but you're in kindergarten now, Ryder. You should be able to put them on by yourself. Who helps you at school?"

"My teacher," Ryder replied.

"Are you boys ready to leave for school?" Dad asked as he came into the kitchen, pulling on his coat. "If you are, I'll give you a ride."

"We're ready," replied Wes, so they said goodbye to Mom and went out to the car.

As they got in, a neighbor came over. "Got a minute, John?" Mr. Glenn asked. "My car won't start. Could you give me a hand?"

"Sure," Dad replied. He drove next door, pulled in beside Mr. Glenn's car, and took jumper cables from his car trunk. The boys watched as the men raised the hoods of both cars and attached jumper cables from the battery in Dad's car to the one in Mr. Glenn's. Then Mr. Glenn got in his car and started it.

"Why did you stretch those lines from our car to Mr. Glenn's?" asked Ryder when they were on their way. "I thought you were going to give him a hand." Ryder looked at his own hands.

"When we help someone, we call that giving the person a helping hand," Dad explained. "The battery in our car had power in it, but Mr. Glenn's didn't, so we helped him by connecting them. That allowed power to flow from our battery to his so his car would start."

Soon they arrived at the school. "Have a good day, boys," said Dad as he pulled up to the curb.

"Yep. You too," said Wes. "Mom said I could run over to Grandpa's house after school. I'm going to shovel the walk for him."

"You gonna give Grandpa a hand?" Ryder asked. "Like you gave me a hand with my mittens?" Wes grinned and nodded. "I guess God likes us to give people a helping hand, doesn't He?" Ryder said as he got out of the car.

Dad smiled. "He sure does. When we help others, we show them the love of Jesus, who did what we couldn't do for ourselves when He died and rose again to save us." Barbara J. Westberg

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you given anyone a helping hand lately? Can you think of someone who needs you to shovel snow or take in the mail? Maybe an elderly person or a friend with a problem needs someone who’s willing to just be a good listener. There are many different ways you could give somebody a hand today. Think of one, and then do it. You’ll be showing others the love of Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 6:10 (KJV)

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. (NIV)

‘The Whole Roof’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 18, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Whole Roof (Friday)

Read: Jeremiah 29:11-13 

"Okay, we need another one!" Dad yelled from the top of the house where he and Grandpa were reshingling Grandpa and Grandma's roof. Cody and his little sister, Abby, raced to get more shingles to hand up to Dad.

"Boy, it's hot out here!" Cody exclaimed as he watched the men from the ground.

"And they've been working on that same spot for hours!" Abby added. "They've barely moved an inch!"

"I know," Cody said. "I hope they get done soon. I can't wait to see the roof with these new shingles on it!"

A few minutes later, Dad asked Cody to get a hammer from the shed. As Cody trudged up the steep hill to get the hammer, he glanced down at his grandparents' roof. From the top of the hill, he could see the whole house, and the roof was almost finished!

Cody told his mom about it later that night. "It looked like Dad and Grandpa had only completed a small part of the roof when really they had it almost finished! Isn't that great?"

"That reminds me of how God sees our lives," Mom said.

Cody frowned. "What does that have to do with repairing a roof?"

"Well," Mom said as she started washing the dishes, "you couldn't tell from the ground that they were getting anything done up there, right?"

"Yeah, it only looked like they were sweating up there!" Cody said with a laugh.

"When we're going through a rough time, we might only see the view from the ground," Mom explained. "But God sees the view from the hill. He sees the big picture--the end result to all our problems. When Jesus returns, He will put an end to all sin and make everything new, and we'll be able to see how He used each of us and the difficulties we faced in life to work out His plan."

"And that's why we need to trust Him when life gets hard, right?" Cody asked.

"Exactly--because we know He has a plan for our lives and can see the big picture and the end to all our troubles." Mom chuckled. "But since we can't see the end to these dishes yet, how about you help me wash them?" Emma Steiner

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever get frustrated because a situation you’re facing seems hopeless? Maybe you’ve asked God for help, but it feels like He isn’t doing anything. Don’t get discouraged. God sees the whole picture—He sees your problem and also the end result. Trust Jesus to help you through the difficulties you face in life, remembering that one day He will end them forever!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Corinthians 13:12 (KJV)

For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. (KJV)

No. Subject Author Date Views
543 Daily Devotional 가이드 (10/31/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminChoi 2020.10.28 0
542 Unlocked 가이드 (10/31/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminChoi 2020.10.28 0
541 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/29/20) 월요일 file adminkms 2020.02.27 2
540 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/14/20) 수요일 file adminkms 2020.03.12 2
539 Daily Devotional 가이드 (09/12/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminChoi 2020.09.10 2
538 Daily Devotional 가이드 (09/05/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.09.02 2
537 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/11/20) 월요일 file adminkms 2020.01.08 3
536 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/15/20) 월요일 file adminkms 2020.02.12 3
» Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/13/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.11 3
534 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/30/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.05.27 3
533 Unlocked 가이드 (05/30/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.05.27 3