** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘Second Mile Club’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <May 8, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Second Mile Club (Monday)

Read: MATTHEW 5:38-42

"You know what, Kamryn?" said Sammi as they walked home from church. "I think we should start a Second Mile Club like Mrs. Pratt talked about today--and like it says in those verses we learned. You know--do even more for people than they ask us to do. Go two miles with them even if we're asked to only go one."

Kamryn frowned. "You mean, when we're asked to do something, we should do it and then do even more--something extra? Like, if my brother asks me to help him with his math homework, I should, right? And then maybe offer to check his other work too?"

Sammi nodded. "Or if Mom asks me to wash dishes, I will, and then I'll sweep the floor. We go the first mile--do the first thing--because we're asked. We go the second mile--do the extra thing--because we want to."

Kamryn hesitated. "But what if I'm not sure I want to?"

"Come on, it'll be fun. Think how shocked everyone will be!" Sammi grinned. "Besides, we want to show God's love to our families, don't we? We want them to become Christians, and this is one way we can show them how Jesus has changed us and has a real effect on how we do things. Maybe it will help them understand how far He was willing to go for us when He died for our sins."

Kamryn sighed. "Okay. I'll try it."

The following week, the girls compared notes. "How did it go, Kamryn?" asked Sammi. "Do you want to stop?"

Kamryn looked shocked. "Stop? No way! I heard my dad say my attitude is better. My mom agreed and actually said she might come to church with me sometime." Kamryn grinned. "And my brother--he's so funny! He can't figure out what's going on. I heard him tell Mom he's sure I'm up to something, but he doesn't know what." She laughed.

Sammi nodded. "My dad told my mom he thinks my religion might be real after all," she said. "Even though I mess up sometimes, I'm going to trust Jesus to help me keep showing them that He's truly changed me." BARBARA J. WESTBERG

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Would you like to belong to a Second Mile Club? If you’re a Christian, you’re already in one! Jesus tells us to go the extra mile when others ask us for help because that’s what He did for us—He went to great lengths to save us from sin by dying on the cross. When you’re willing to not only help others when they need it but do more than they ask, you’re showing them the love of Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: MATTHEW 5:41 (KJV)

IF ANYONE FORCES YOU TO GO ONE MILE, GO WITH THEM TWO MILES. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘Keep Up the Good Work’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <May 4, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Keep Up the Good Work (Tuesday)

Read: GALATIANS 6:9-10; 2 TIMOTHY 2:3-7

"I'll never get this map to look like Canada!" Rory said, shoving her half-completed project aside. "I'm supposed to have this done by tomorrow, and I'm not even halfway through yet. I might as well quit!"

"Come on, Rory. Is that what they teach you at school--to quit when things go wrong?" asked Dad.

"No, but there's absolutely no sense in trying to finish this map. I hate making maps. I'm no good at it. Can't I tell Mrs. Payne I didn't have time to do it?"

"That wouldn't be true, would it?" asked Dad. "I believe a verse you learned in church last week would apply in this situation. Do you remember it?"

"Last week?" Rory thought for a moment. "I remember--Galatians 6:9. It says, Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.' But that's not talking about drawing maps!"

"It can apply to many things," said Dad. "It's a verse we need to remember whenever we feel like giving up."

"But it says not to grow weary when we're doing good. I'm not doing good on this map. I'm doing awful." Rory looked pleased with that excuse.

"But you are doing good," said Dad. "By doing your assignment, you're obeying your teacher and being a responsible student who's willing to learn. Those sound like good things to me."

"Yeah," Rory said. "But all I seem to be learning is that I never want to be an artist or draw maps!"

Dad laughed. "Sometimes doing the good that verse is talking about means doing the things God has given us to do in our everyday lives--even if they don't seem all that important or helpful. But because Jesus has saved us, He's given us the ability to do those things faithfully, and He promises to use them for good. By drawing that map even when you don't feel like it--even when it seems hopeless to you--you're serving Him and showing that you trust Him to bring good out of everything you do."

Rory sighed, but she got busy with her drawing again. "Okay," she said. "I'll do my best for Jesus!" JACKIE KRUTKE

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you keep trying when things get hard—like when you have trouble working out a math problem, learning your spelling words, or playing an instrument in band? Or do you just want to give up? Even though your daily tasks may seem tedious or even hopeless at times, Jesus will help you persist in the things He’s given you to learn and do. Don’t give up. Trust Him to use your faithful efforts for good.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: GALATIANS 6:9 (KJV)

LET US NOT BECOME WEARY IN DOING GOOD, FOR AT THE PROPER TIME WE WILL REAP A HARVEST IF WE DO NOT GIVE UP. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘A Real Friend’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <May 5, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Real Friend (Wednesday)

Read: 2 CORINTHIANS 1:3-7

"I don't feel good," Naomi told her best friend Jessa at recess time. "I'm going to see if I can go to the office and call my mom to come get me."

After talking with her teacher, the call was made. "Get better soon, and I'll see you tomorrow," said Jessa when Naomi's mom came for her.

But Naomi didn't come to school the next day, or the day after that. Then Jessa learned that Naomi was in the hospital.

Jessa immediately went to see Naomi. She took one of their favorite games. Jessa could tell Naomi was pleased to see her, but they didn't play the game. Naomi didn't feel up to it. "That's okay," Jessa assured her. "You just get better, and we'll play next time."

But the next time Jessa came to the hospital, Naomi was even worse. Jessa went to visit her several times more, but the longer Naomi stayed in the hospital, the less Jessa visited. Whenever her mom asked if she'd like to go, Jessa made up an excuse.

When Mom asked her again one day, Jessa burst into tears. "Mom, I can't go there. Naomi doesn't talk much--and she looks so different. I'm afraid she's going to die. What can I say to her?"

"You don't need to say much--just be there for her," answered Mom. "I know it's hard to see her that way, but she needs you right now. Her mother told me Naomi misses you and she wonders if you still care about her."

"Of course I do!" exclaimed Jessa. "I care so much it hurts!"

"Then go be with her," said Mom. "When Grandma died, many people told us how much they appreciated her. Others didn't say much, but it comforted us to know so many people cared enough to come and be with us, remember?" Jessa nodded, and Mom gave her a hug. "Your presence can comfort Naomi too. I know it's hard, but Jesus will give you strength. He will help you be the kind of friend He is--one who's always with us, in good times and bad." Mom paused. "Shall we go pay her a visit?" Jessa nodded and went to get her coat. JAN L. HANSEN

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have a friend or relative who is ill? What can you do to comfort them? Perhaps you could send them flowers or a card, or you could visit them and tell them you’re praying for them. You don’t have to know just the right words to say to show someone you care—just being there for them is enough. Jesus is the greatest Friend of all, and He will help you comfort them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 2 CORINTHIANS 1:4 (KJV)

HE COMFORTS US IN ALL OUR TROUBLES SO THAT WE CAN COMFORT OTHERS. (NLT)

‘The Uneven Path’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <May 6, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Uneven Path (Thursday)

Read: PROVERBS 4:18-27

Micah looked at the pile of bricks his dad was going to use to make a walkway from the front door to the driveway. "Mom, since it's Dad's birthday tomorrow, can I surprise him and make the brick walk before he gets home?" Micah asked eagerly.

Mom smiled. "You can try putting bricks in place if you want to, but that's a big job. I'm sure Dad will have to help you with it."

Micah hurried out and carefully placed bricks on the ground next to each other. Then he surveyed his work. If people use this path, they'll trip, he thought. It's all rough and crooked, but I don't know how to fix it.

"Nice try," said Dad when he got home later that afternoon.

"The bricks won't lie flat," said Micah. "Why not?"

"It's because the ground underneath the path isn't level," said Dad. "We have to fix that first."

They picked up the bricks and restacked them. Then Dad showed Micah how to dig out the dirt where the path would go, and how to smooth it with a board until it was level. Finally, they carefully replaced the bricks.

"That looks much better!" Micah said when they finished. "The bricks are all nice and even now." He grinned at his dad. "I learned a verse in church about this."

"You did?" Dad wrinkled his brow.

"Yep. Proverbs 4:26 says to follow a safe, level path for our feet--like the one we just made with these bricks."

"Yes," said Dad, "but you know that verse isn't talking about physical feet, right? It's saying we need to have a level path spiritually."

"Yeah, I know," replied Micah. "Our teacher said we need Jesus to make a straight spiritual path for us--kind of like how I needed your help with this path."

"That's right," said Dad. "When we know Jesus, the Holy Spirit lays a level path for us and guides us in difficult situations. His path will always lead us in the right direction. But if we venture off it and follow our own sinful desires, we stumble and hurt ourselves. That's why we need to watch where we go spiritually and follow God's path for our lives." LINDA HENTSCHEL

HOW ABOUT YOU?

What kind of path are you following? Are you walking God’s straight and level path? Or are you chasing your own desires every which way? Venturing away from God’s path will only cause you to stumble and get hurt. Whether you’ve never been on God’s path before or you’ve wandered away, you can walk that level path today. Trust Jesus to make your path straight as you follow and obey Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: PROVERBS 4:26 (KJV)

MARK OUT A STRAIGHT PATH FOR YOUR FEET; STAY ON THE SAFE PATH. (NLT)

‘A Safe Refuge’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <May 9, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Safe Refuge (Friday)

Read: PSALM 62:5-8

"Hi, Mom," Ryder said as he came into the kitchen. His mom was busy packing groceries into a crate.

She looked up and smiled. "Hi, honey. We're going camping."

"Now?" Ryder asked in surprise. "A whole week before school is out?"

Mom nodded. "The farmers in this part of Africa have received threats. You've probably heard about the farm invasions, haven't you?" Ryder nodded. "Well, we've been advised to go away for a while until things calm down," Mom explained.

"But..." Ryder's voice quivered. He loved being in Africa where his family served as missionaries. "We'll come back though, right?"

"I hope so," said Mom, "but the main thing is we'll all be together and safe."

Ryder ducked outside and climbed into his tree house. He looked out and saw a trail of dust from his dad's truck coming up the road. Dad got out and called up a greeting when he spotted Ryder in the tree house. Ryder waved weakly but didn't smile.

Dad pulled himself up the rickety ladder and sat down so heavily the tree house swayed. Ryder grinned. Dad looked silly with his long legs crammed into such a tiny space. "I wouldn't like to be up here during a storm," said Dad. "I'd prefer to be on solid ground in a stone castle or something."

"Mom says we have to leave," said Ryder. "Will we really be safe someplace else?"

"Did you know that King David had to leave his home once?" Dad asked. "His son wanted to take over the throne, so David had to flee with nothing or risk being killed."

"He did? Was he scared?" Ryder asked.

"I'm sure it was hard, but in the Psalms, David speaks of God as his rock--his refuge. He trusted God even when he had lost everything." Dad leaned over to put a hand on Ryder's shoulder, and Ryder squealed as the tree house tilted to one side. Dad laughed. "We need to take precautions against danger, but trusting in our own strength or in material things is like choosing this tree house over a castle in a storm. God is the one who saved us, and He will take care of us. Like David, let's put our trust in Him, okay?" Smiling, Ryder nodded. JENNY WHITAKER

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Has it been hard for you to deal with a sudden change in your life? Maybe you lost someone close to you, or you have a new stepmom, or your class got a new teacher in the middle of the year. Remember that God loves you. You can trust Him to give you comfort and strength and courage to face your problems. He is trustworthy. Let Him be your safe refuge in good times and in difficult ones.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  PSALM 62:6 (KJV)

HE [GOD] ONLY IS MY ROCK AND MY SALVATION; HE IS MY DEFENSE. (NKJV)

No. Subject Author Date Views
511 Daily Devotional 가이드 (7/20/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.07.17 15478
510 Daily Devotional 가이드 (7/27/19) 화요일 file adminkms 2019.07.25 7079
509 Daily Devotional 가이드 (7/27/19) 목요일 file adminkms 2019.07.25 3249
508 Daily Devotional 가이드 (8/24/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.08.22 2156
507 Daily Devotional 가이드 (2/2/19) 수요일 file adminChoi 2019.01.30 2110
506 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/25/20) 수요일 file adminkms 2020.01.22 1947
505 Daily Devotional 가이드 (8/10/19) 월요일 file adminkms 2019.08.07 1762
504 Daily Devotional 가이드 (5/4/19) 화요일 file adminkms 2019.05.09 1327
503 Daily Devotional 가이드 (8/10/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.08.07 1226
502 Daily Devotional 가이드 (2/23/19) 화요일 file adminChoi 2019.02.20 1130
501 Daily Devotional 가이드 (2/9/19) 화요일 file adminChoi 2019.02.06 901