** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 30, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Lost in the Corn Maze (Monday)

Read: Proverbs 3:5-6

Cole and his friends from church were very excited about going to a corn maze at a nearby farm. As they gathered at the entrance to the maze, Mom showed them the map that was posted. "Now, when you get inside the maze, it can be easy to lose your way. But you can always find the big tower there in the middle, climb up, and see where you are and where you need to go," Mom explained, pointing to the wooden tower in the middle of the maze.

"No problem!" Cole replied. "I've got this! I'll be out before any of you!" He dashed into the maze. The others followed more slowly.

But as Cole got further into the maze, he got more and more confused. I should be able to make a turn here, but I can't, he thought. I should be near the exit, but I don't see it. He remembered what his mom had said about climbing the tower if they got lost. Spying the tower, he found his way over and climbed up. Immediately he saw where he had started making wrong turns. He could also see the exit and which way he could take once he climbed down to get out and meet the rest of his group.

When he finally made it out of the maze, some people from his group were already there. He ran to his mom. "Mom! You were right! I got totally lost in the maze, but I remembered what you said about climbing the tower, and I was able to find my way out!"

That night at dinner, Cole and his mom talked about the day's events. "You know," said Mom, "what you learned in the corn maze today is a good lesson to remember in all of life. When we try to make it through life on our own, we'll only end up getting lost and confused. We need God's perspective. When we know Jesus as our Savior, He promises to always lead us in the right direction. We can trust Him to help us with our problems and show us which way to go when we face difficult situations. We're never lost with Him by our side." Joni K. Spears

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you ever been lost—maybe in a grocery store or a mall? Were you scared? Do you ever feel lost in your life too? When you face a difficult or uncertain situation, turn to Jesus. He’s in control of everything and sees our lives from a different perspective. He will help you in hard times and lead you through them. Trust Him to always be with you and show you the way to go.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Proverbs 3:6 (KJV)

In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 29, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Changes (Tuesday)

Read: 1 Corinthians 15:42-44, 51-55

"Emmy, I don't know what to do," Addy told her sister as they got ready for bed. "I want to keep visiting Grandpa at the nursing home, but each time gets harder. Remember when he used to play games with us and make us laugh? Now he just stays in bed and sometimes doesn't even recognize us."

"That awful Alzheimer's disease changes everything," Emmy said. "I hate it!"

When Mom came in to tuck them in and listen to their prayers, she sat down on Emmy's bed. "You two were pretty quiet on our way back from the nursing home. Is there anything you want to talk about?"

"I don't like what happened to Grandpa," Emmy said.

"I don't understand why it happened," Addy added.

Mom closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I know it's hard. Parts of Grandpa's brain have stopped working like they used to. Over time, Grandma and the rest of us had to do more for him. Now he's in the nursing home, where nurses and other workers help take care of him."

"Like how little babies' moms and dads take care of everything they need," Emmy said.

"It's like that," Mom said. "Even though Grandpa doesn't always remember our names now or sometimes even who we are, he still remembers love. He doesn't talk much, but have you noticed how he will sometimes tell us he loves us? And he smiles whenever he says I love you' to Grandma."

"Yes," said Addy.

"And when we sing Jesus Loves Me' together, he knows every word," Emmy added.

"The good news is that although Grandpa's brain and body are slowly dying, there will come a time when he will have his body and brain back again, and they will be perfect. In fact, we all will one day. The Bible tells us that when Jesus returns and raises Christians from the dead, He will change our weak, earthly bodies into glorious bodies like His own."

"Wow!" Addy said.

"And Grandpa will remember everything then," Emmy said.

Mom nodded. "In the meantime, let's pray together that Grandpa will continue to feel our love--and that we'll feel the love of Jesus during this difficult time." Lynda Boucher

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you know someone with an illness or disability? Maybe it’s a condition that has changed their life so much that they aren’t able to do things or interact with others the way they used to. It’s hard to see someone we love go through that, but remember that if they know Jesus, He will give them a perfect body one day. Keep reminding them of His love, and trust Him to take care of them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Philippians 3:21 (KJV)

He will change our humble bodies and make them like his own glorious body. Christ can do this by his power, with which he is able to rule everything. (ERV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <October 01, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Shine Your Light! (Wednesday)

Read: Matthew 5:13-16; John 1:1-14

Ariel suppressed a giggle. Her cousin Ben shuffled past the tree she was hiding behind, the beam of his flashlight just missing her foot. Hide-and-seek in the dark was one of the cousins' favorite games to play.

"Found you, Jordan!" Ben shone the light on his younger brother.

"Ahhh!" Ariel peeked around the tree to see Jordan sprawled on the ground. "I just tripped over a tree root or something!"

Dawn squinted at the light Ben was shining in her face. "Jordan, that was my leg you tripped over!" Ariel's sister started rolling on the ground in laughter.

Ariel crept from her hiding spot and jumped into the center of the three laughing kids with a menacing growl. "Eeeeeek!" The kids scattered in terror, then they all giggled together in a heap on the ground.

"That never gets old!" Ariel chortled. "Ben, you almost found me first! If you had moved your flashlight beam a little to the left, it would have shone right on my foot."

"I got too distracted by Jordan making sounds to pay close attention to where my light was shining," Ben commented. "Next time, let's play teams."

"Guys, Ben just made me think of something!" Ariel illuminated her face with her flashlight. "Remember that one Bible verse from church camp about shining your light? Well, just like Ben got distracted from his mission by the noise around him, we can get distracted from our mission of shining our lights for Jesus."

"I remember!" Dawn piped up.

"Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven," Jordan recited. "Jesus gave us His light so we could shine it onto others and point them to His love and forgiveness."

"Right." Ben nodded. "So, if we're too focused on the noise of the world, which tells us to think about ourselves and the things we want, we may miss an opportunity to shine our light on what really matters."

"People matter." Jordan smiled wide.

"Totally!" Ariel shone her light beam on her sister and her cousins. "We are God's children, and He lives in us. Whenever we play this game, it will remind us to shine our Jesus lights for those in the darkness!" Savannah Coleman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Did you know that if you are a child of God, you have an important mission? Jesus says we are the light of the world. Imagine how depressing a world with no light would be! When we allow the love of Jesus to shine through us, we bring hope to a world in desperate need of His grace. The light of Jesus gives life, and that light is in you!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Matthew 5:16 (KJV)

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <October 02, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Wrong Reason (Thursday)

Read: Matthew 6:1-4; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 

Lucy smiled as she shook the coins out of her piggy bank. There's more here than I remembered! she thought. I can put a little extra in the offering at church this week and use the rest to buy some candy, she decided happily.

When Lucy arrived at her Sunday school class, she sat with her friend Mary. As their teacher began passing the offering plate, Mary took some money out of her pocket and showed it to Lucy. "My aunt gave me a nice big check for my birthday," Mary told her, "and I'm going to put some of it in the offering." Lucy noticed it was a lot more than she planned to give.

"How about you, Lucy?" asked Mary. "How much did you bring?"

Lucy blushed. What she planned to give didn't seem like much anymore. But she had brought all her money along, including what she intended to use for herself. She showed it to Mary, and when the plate came around, she reluctantly dropped it all in.

On the way home from church, Lucy sat quietly in the back seat. "Why such a sad face, honey?" asked Mom.

Lucy sighed and explained what had happened in her Sunday school class. "I don't get it," she said. "I gave more than I planned to give, so I should feel good about it, right?"

"Not necessarily," said Mom. "The money you planned to give was of your own free will--a love gift to God. The extra money was given to impress your friend. You gave it for the wrong reason--to make yourself look better to someone else, not out of gratitude for everything Jesus has done for you."

Lucy sighed. "My reason for giving all of it wasn't right, but God will still use it, won't He?"

"Of course He will," Dad replied. "When we give something for the wrong reason, we can confess it to Jesus and know He will make it right." Dad smiled at her in the rearview mirror. "In the future, decide what you believe Jesus wants you to give and stick with that. Don't discuss it with your friends. Keep it between you and the Lord. Then joyfully give it to be used for His glory." Sherry L. Kuyt

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you give some of your own money to the Lord each week at church? That’s good, but remember to give for the right reason. The Bible tells us to give generously out of gratitude for all God has given us—never to impress other people. Pray about how much you should give, and perhaps talk to your parents about it too. Then give with a cheerful, willing heart out of thankfulness for everything Jesus has done for you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  2 Corinthians 9:7 (KJV)

God loves a cheerful giver. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <October 03, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Coming Home (Friday)

Read: Hebrews 11:13-16 

Did you enjoy your trip to Germany, Peter?" Mrs. Noble asked. The librarian was good friends with Peter's mom and knew his family had traveled out of the country.

"It was so much fun!" Peter replied. "We saw the Reichstag--one of their important government buildings--and the Berlin Wall. Then we traveled to the mountains and went inside Neuschwanstein Castle. It was like a picture from a fairy tale!"

"Did you visit any of the cathedrals or museums?" asked Mrs. Noble.

"A few. But I liked the small towns better. And my favorite day was the one we spent on the beach overlooking the North Sea."

"It sounds like fun. I bet you weren't ready to come home yet," said Mrs. Noble.

"I was ready," Peter said. "I liked seeing new places, but the food tasted funny, and sometimes it was hard to understand people even when they were speaking English. And none of the beds I slept in were as comfortable as my own. After a while, I also started missing my friends and my dog, Rufus."

"It's normal to feel homesick when you're in another country far away from home." Mrs. Noble looked thoughtful. "That reminds me of something written in the book of Hebrews. It says that when we trust Jesus as our Savior, our home country is in heaven, where Jesus is. Because of sin, the world we live in now is broken. It's not where we belong. We're just here as visitors for a little while until we go to be with Him."

"And when we get there, we'll see other Christians who have died and gone there," Peter added. "Like my Grandpa Miller."

"And my sister Betty," said Mrs. Noble. "Best of all, we'll see Jesus! And even though heaven and earth are separated now, it won't stay that way. One day, when Jesus returns, He'll fix this broken world and make it new again, and all those who know Him as their Savior will live with Him there forever." Mrs. Noble smiled at Peter wistfully. "It will feel just like coming home." Michelle Isenhoff

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you ever been homesick? When we visit an unfamiliar place, it’s normal to long for the comfort and safety of home. In the same way, when we see sin and its painful consequences here on earth, believers long for the day when sin will be gone for good. Our home is with Jesus, and it will be a perfect place prepared specially for those who put their trust in Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Philippians 3:20 (KJV)

Our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly wait for a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. (NKJV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
769 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file file adminMin 2021.02.23 54409
768 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/28/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.12.23 44213
767 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/03/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.07.01 36842
766 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/30/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.05.27 30780
765 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/08/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.08.06 30332
764 Unlocked 가이드 (05/16/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.05.13 28041
763 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/21/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminChoi 2020.11.18 27336
762 Daily Devotional 가이드 (7/20/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.07.17 25794
761 Unlocked 가이드 (12/05/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.12.23 25092
760 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/06/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.03 25065
759 Daily Devotional 가이드 (1/19/19) 수요일 file adminChoi 2019.01.16 23348
758 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.08 21153
757 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/22/20) 월요일 file adminkms 2020.02.21 19620