** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘Growing a Beautiful Garden’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 24, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Growing a Beautiful Garden (Monday)

Read: PROVERBS 16:23-24; JAMES 3:9-12 

"Better hurry or you'll miss the school bus!" said Mom.

Carmela quickly finished watering the hydrangeas and roses she had planted in her garden. How pretty they looked! Carmela loved to help things grow. She put down the watering can, ran inside for her bag, and hurried out the door.

Spotting Ana just ahead, Carmela ran to catch up. "Hey, let's sit together!"

"Not today--or ever!" snapped Ana as they hopped into the bus.

"What's going on?" asked Carmela. But Ana just shook her head and sat down beside their friend Lily.

Carmela thought back to the last time she had sat with Ana. What had she said to her? Carmela tried to remember. Whatever it was, it must have upset her.

At school, Carmela sat down in the hallway next to her friend Kristen. A new classmate named Suzie sat nearby. Carmela pointed at Suzie. "Did you see the new girl's hair, Kristen? She has three different colors--it's so weird!"

Kristen rolled her eyes and got up to go to class. Suzie had heard it too, and her face turned red as a strawberry.

During lunch, Carmela sat where she usually did. But nobody joined her. When it was time to go home, the bus ride was a lonely one.

That night, Carmela dreamed she was in her garden, and every word she said came out of her mouth as a seed. When they fell to the ground, some of the seeds grew into the most beautiful flowers. But the seeds from some of her other words produced big, ugly weeds.

The next morning, while working in the garden with Mom, Carmela told her about the dream. "It made me see how I've upset my friends by saying hurtful things," Carmela said.

Mom nodded. "The Bible says our tongues have the power of life and death. Since Jesus has given us new life, we need to put that life into our words. The things we say should sow seeds that help grow a beautiful garden in our relationships--not weeds that hurt the other plants."

"I need to pull those weeds by apologizing to my friends tomorrow," Carmela said. "And from now on, I need to be more careful about what I say." CAROLINNA STEVENSON

HOW ABOUT YOU?

What kinds of seeds do you sow with your words? Do they grow flowers of friendship—or weeds of hurt and anger? If you know Jesus, He has planted a beautiful garden in your life. If you’ve been sowing weed seeds, tell Jesus and ask for His forgiveness, and apologize to those you’ve hurt too. Then use your words to grow good things.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  PROVERBS 18:21 (KJV)

THE TONGUE HAS THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH, AND THOSE WHO LOVE IT WILL EAT ITS FRUIT. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘Protective Gear’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 20, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Protective Gear (Tuesday)

Read: EPHESIANS 6:10-17

"Damon, grab your catcher's equipment and I'll help you practice," called Dad as he opened the back door. Damon scrambled from the floor, grabbed his gear, and rushed out the door. His little sister Gemma was close behind him.

Damon stopped on the patio and pulled the chest protector over his head. He strapped it together on each side. Then he slipped the plastic shin guards over each leg and fastened the straps. Finally, he pulled on the catcher's mask and grabbed his mitt. "Ready!" he called as he ran out to the backyard.

Damon bent down and steadied himself in the catcher's position. Dad wound up and pitched the ball to Damon as hard as he could. The ball bounced off Damon's mitt, popped up, and struck his face mask hard.

Gemma, who was watching, gasped and ran toward her brother. "Damon, are you hurt? That ball hit you in the face!"

"No, it's okay, Gemma," said Damon. "I'm not hurt. The mask stopped the ball from hurting me. See?" Smiling, he lifted his mask to show his sister that his face was all right.

"Whew!" said Gemma. "The ball hit you really hard. I was sure it hurt you bad!"

Damon smiled. "I'm fine," he assured her, and he and Dad resumed their practice.

For family devotions that evening, Dad chose to read about the armor of God. "Today you kids saw how sports equipment protects our bodies and keeps them from getting hurt," he said. "God gives us protection for our spiritual well-being too. The armor of God protects us from Satan's evil tricks and lies."

Gemma looked surprised. "You mean we don't have to be afraid of him?"

"That's right, honey," said Dad. "When we wear God's armor--when we trust Jesus and remember His promises--we're protected from Satan's schemes and deception. Satan has no real power over us, because Jesus defeated him when He died on the cross and rose again."

Damon grinned. "I put on all the pieces of equipment I need to protect me when I'm the catcher in our ball games. I guess I'd better put on all the parts of God's armor too."

Gemma nodded. "Me too!" BRENDA M. RICE

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you sometimes feel like you’re too weak to fight Satan? God provides armor to protect you—truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and His Word, the Bible. Satan wants you to think he’s powerful, but he’s no match for God—or for Christians wearing the armor of God! Put on God’s armor and remember that you can stand firm against Satan because Jesus has already defeated him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: EPHESIANS 6:11 (KJV)

PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD SO THAT YOU CAN STAND AGAINST THE SCHEMES OF THE DEVIL. (CSB)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘Danger: Mosquitoes!’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 23, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Danger: Mosquitoes! (Wednesday)

Read: 1 PETER 5:6-10

"What's it like in Africa, Mr. Martin?" River asked. Mr. Martin, a missionary who had come back home for a few months, was a good friend of River's family.

"I'd sure like to see all the animals," said River's brother, Andrew.

Their sister, Janae, shuddered. "Not me! It would be so scary with all those lions and snakes and elephants."

"If a big lion came at me, I'd scare him away with my karate moves!" River chopped the air with his hands. "Hi-yah!"

Mr. Martin laughed. "Well, our most dangerous enemies in Africa are not lions, snakes, or elephants. Would you believe they're mosquitoes?"

"Mosquitoes?" Andrew shook his head. "I'd be more afraid of a big, fierce lion!"

"Yeah," said Janae. "Lions can kill people!"

"That's true, but lions don't usually attack people unless they're provoked," replied Mr. Martin. "Mosquitoes are everywhere--and they always bite. In Africa, they carry malaria and other diseases that have killed a lot of people. Some missionaries have had to leave their work and return home because of an illness caused by a little mosquito."

"I didn't know that," said River. "Okay. If I ever get to Africa, I'll watch out for those really dangerous animals--mosquitoes!"

"Get 'em with your karate moves," teased Andrew. "Hi-yah!"

Mr. Martin smiled. "Don't forget to watch out for dangerous little things here at home too."

River frowned. "What do you mean?"

"It's not always the big things like a serious illness or problems at school that discourage us," explained Mr. Martin. "The seemingly small frustrations of daily life can have an effect on us too."

"But they don't make us sick, do they?" Janae asked.

"They can if we're not careful. A small thing like running late or getting a bad grade can lead to us having a bad attitude or doing something wrong, just like bigger problems. If we let it go on day after day, it can affect us spiritually."

"So how do we fight it?" asked Andrew.

"Prayer," said Mr. Martin. "Remember that Jesus loves you and will help you with every problem you face--big or little. Talk to Him about all of them." SHERRY L. KUYT

HOW ABOUT YOU?

How are you handling the little problems you face every day? Sometimes those are the ones that can wear you down and cause you to make a hurtful remark or have a bad attitude. The Bible compares Satan to a roaring lion, but he often uses little things to try to get you to sin. Don’t let that happen. Talk to Jesus about your problems, and trust Him to help you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 PETER 5:7 (KJV)

GIVE ALL YOUR WORRIES AND CARES TO GOD, FOR HE CARES ABOUT YOU. (NLT)

‘Being a Good Neighbor at School’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 24, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Being a Good Neighbor at School (Thursday)

Read: MATTHEW 5:43-44; LUKE 10:27-37

Olivia shifted uncomfortably in the pew. The pastor had just told the story of the Good Samaritan, reminding Olivia that Jesus wanted her to be a good neighbor too. She knew this, of course, but why was it so hard sometimes?

"Jesus loves you," the pastor continued. "He loves you so much He died for you even though you were a sinner. He also died for those who don't know Him yet. That's why Jesus tells us to love our enemies--so they can see the love He has shown us."

After church, Olivia's mom asked her why she was so squirmy during the sermon. Olivia hesitated, but finally told her what was bothering her. "My friend Samantha is spreading lies about the new girl, Yusra. Yusra wears a head scarf to school because she is Muslim, and I heard Samantha telling everyone sitting around us on the carpet during Library that Yusra must be bald or she wouldn't be wearing a head scarf every day."

"What did you say?" asked Mom.

"Nothing! Everyone giggled, but I thought it was mean. And Yusra looked so sad. Should I have said something to Samantha? How can I be a good neighbor to both Samantha and Yusra?"

"Let's pray about it," said Mom. They bowed their heads.

The next day, Samantha approached Olivia on the playground. She looked mischievous. "Next time we have Library, I'm going to pull Yusra's scarf off her head," Samantha said. "It will be funny! Besides, on the news, Muslims are enemies, right? Will you help me?"

The bell rang. Olivia felt rooted to the asphalt. What was she going to do? All she could think about was how Jesus said to love your enemies. Was Yusra even her enemy? Yusra had always been kind to her. Besides, Jesus loved and died for Yusra too, even if Yusra didn't know it yet.

Olivia shook her head. "Jesus says to love your neighbor, and Yusra is our neighbor at school. I'm not going to treat her like an enemy." Olivia ran ahead and joined Yusra in line.

"Yusra, will you go with me to the library? I'm sorry about what Samantha said last week, and I want to talk to the librarian and make sure it never happens again." SONJA ANDERSON

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you think it’s okay to be mean to some people? Maybe they did something mean to you, or maybe you’ve heard that people like them are your enemies. But Jesus can change an enemy into a friend. He loved us enough to die for us when we were still His enemies, and He wants you to show that love to others. Be a good neighbor to everyone, even those who don’t know Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: MATTHEW 22:39 (KJV)

[JESUS SAID,] “LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” (NIV)

‘Barney"s Treasure’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 25, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Barney"s Treasure (Friday)

Read: MATTHEW 6:19-21

Ben fidgeted in the pew. His button-up shirt felt tight. "Funerals are so boring," he whispered to his dad, who gave him a look that Ben knew meant Be quiet.

Just then the pastor said, "Anyone who would like to share a story about Barney is welcome to come forward now." Ben sighed and swung his legs as he watched an older man walk down the aisle. "He looks like he needs a bath," Ben muttered, which got him another look from his dad.

In a shaky voice, the man said, "My name is Phil. I met Barney two years ago when I stole his jacket."

Ben sat up in his seat. This should be interesting, he thought.

Phil continued, "I was cold and saw a real nice jacket on a park bench, and I took it. Later that day, a man came up to me, and I'll never forget what he said." Ben craned his neck to listen. "He said, I've been looking for you all over. That's my jacket you're wearing.' And then he looked me right in the eye and said, Is there anything more you need to keep warm?'" Phil sniffed and wiped his eyes. "That man was Barney."

As they walked to the car after the service, Ben asked, "Dad, I don't get it. Why would Mr. Barney just let that man steal his jacket? That's crazy!"

"Well, because Barney knew where his real treasure was."

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"Jesus tells us to store our treasure in heaven rather than here on earth."

"I still don't get it," Ben said.

"The jacket was just an earthly possession, and earthly treasures don't last. By giving it to Phil, Barney was showing him treasure he had that could never be taken from him--the love of Jesus, who gave up everything, including His life, to save us and give us eternal life. That's what storing treasure in heaven means--focusing on Jesus and His love for us instead of earthly things."

"I guess Mr. Barney loved people more than he loved his jacket," Ben said. "That's a lot like Jesus."

"It sure is," said Dad. "And because Barney is with Jesus now, I know he doesn't miss that jacket one bit!" MAGGIE AINSWORTH

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Is it hard to give away something you love to serve someone else? Jesus gave up everything to become human and die for our sins. There’s no treasure more precious than His gift of forgiveness and eternal life. When we focus on Him and show His love to others, we store up treasure that can never break or be stolen or rot. Store your treasure in heaven with Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  MATTHEW 6:20-21 (KJV)

STORE UP FOR YOURSELVES TREASURES IN HEAVEN…FOR WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS, THERE YOUR HEART WILL BE ALSO. (NIV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
769 Unlocked 가이드 (12/31/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.28 274
768 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/31/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.28 246
767 Unlocked 가이드 (12/24/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.21 147
766 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/24/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.21 162
765 Unlocked 가이드 (12/17/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.14 43
764 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/17/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.14 36
763 Unlocked 가이드 (12/10/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.07 56
762 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/10/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.07 36
761 Unlocked 가이드 (12/03/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.30 46
760 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/03/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.30 39
759 Unlocked 가이드 (11/26/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.23 42