** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 31, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Through it All (Monday)

Read: James 1:2-4, 12

Stunned, Ayden stared at his dad. He had just learned that his father had a very serious disease, and the doctors could not promise that surgery would help. "You're not going to die, are you?" whispered Ayden.

Ayden's father didn't answer immediately. "That's something only God knows for sure," he managed at last. "We need to trust Him, knowing His will is best even if it doesn't seem best to us at the time."

"But, Dad, Mom and I need you, and..." Ayden's voice caught in his throat.

Dad reached out and gave Ayden a hug. "I pray God will let me stay with you for a long time, but your mother and I have come to the place where we're willing to submit to God's will, whatever it is. We're hoping and praying you can come to that place too."

"I don't know if I can," Ayden said honestly. "It seems all wrong. Besides, we're Christians--why would God let anything bad like this happen to us?"

Dad shook his head. "Christians don't get a free pass that keeps hard things from happening, but what we do have is hope and assurance that Jesus is with us and will use our troubles for good. He knows when we're sad or discouraged, and He wants to give us His comfort and peace. Even when things are very hard, we can have that comfort and peace because He has saved us and promised us eternal life with Him." Dad smiled at Ayden. "God never makes any mistakes, Ayden. Whenever what's happening seems to be more than you can handle, remember that your mother and I love you very much, but Jesus loves you even more than we do. He will be with you and give you strength in hard times."

Ayden walked away, thinking about his father's words. He went to his room and shut the door. Dear Jesus, he prayed, I still don't understand why You let this happen, but I know You're in control of everything and that You love me so much You died for me. He brushed away a tear. I can't handle this without You. Please give me and Mom and Dad strength in this hard time. Please make Dad get better, but help me to trust You, no matter what. Ruth I. Jay

HOW ABOUT YOU?

How do you react to hard things in your life? Do you get bitter and angry? Or do you remember that God has promised to be with His children through every difficult situation? Jesus wants to help you. Tell Him how you feel—He understands, and He loves you. Even though you may not understand why He allows some things to happen, you can trust Him to be with you and to give you strength.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 46:1 (KJV)

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 1, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Neighbors Near and Far (Tuesday)

Read: Matthew 22:34-40; Hebrews 13:1-3

The moment the last bell rang, Jenny texted her mom to see if she could go get ice cream after school. Within seconds she had an answer. "Yay! I can go," she told her best friend, Emma. "Mom will pick me up at four."

At the ice cream shop, the cashier behind the counter struggled with their order. In broken English, she repeated their order very slowly. The girl wore a head scarf, and Jenny thought she was probably new to the country.

"No!" Emma said. "The strawberry sauce goes with vanilla, and hot fudge on the chocolate!" To Jenny, Emma whispered loudly, "Everyone knows that."

The cashier winced, then turned to fill their orders. As they walked away with sundaes finally in hand, Jenny leaned over and told her friend, "I think she heard you."

"So what?" said Emma. "She probably couldn't understand me anyway."

They joined their friends, but Jenny kept thinking. What if her family suddenly moved to another country? Her French phrases wouldn't help much in Japan or Mexico. It would be hard!

At four o'clock, Jenny went outside and noticed that the cashier was waiting too. She was busy texting someone. Wow, she's fast, thought Jenny as she watched the girl's thumbs fly across the screen.

When Jenny's mom pulled up, Jenny said a quick "I'm sorry" to the girl as she passed her to get into the car.

"What's that about?" asked Mom. Jenny told her the whole story, including how fast she could text. "It was kind of you to apologize, even though you weren't the one who said those things," said Mom. "It's interesting, isn't it? In just a few seconds, you got permission to come here today. What if, in just a few seconds, the cashier told relatives in Somalia or Sudan that American girls are rude? What if she saw your cross bracelet and said that Christian girls are rude?"

Jenny thought about it. "Jesus said, Love your neighbor as yourself,' and with smartphones, the whole world is suddenly my neighbor!"

"And even though Jesus died for the whole world, many of them don't know it," Mom pointed out. "Which is why we need to be good neighbors to everyone and help spread His love around the world." Sonja Anderson

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Did you know that you have neighbors all over the world? Because Jesus died for all people, everyone on earth is our neighbor—and things like computers and smartphones make it possible to communicate our attitudes to more people than ever before. That’s why it’s important to show a loving attitude toward all people. You can help communicate God’s love to the whole world!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 13:3 (KJV)

[Remember] those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 2, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

No Distractions (Wednesday)

Read: Hebrews 2:1-3

"Are you pitching today?" asked James's older brother, Jackson.

James grinned. "Yep. And I'm gonna strike out all those guys."

Jackson laughed. "I hope you're right." Jackson had recently gotten his driver's license and was taking his younger brother to the baseball park.

As James talked about the upcoming game, Jackson smiled and nodded his head now and then. "I hope I get good enough to play in the major leagues someday! Wouldn't that be great?" asked James, eagerly turning to look at his big brother. He frowned. "Jackson, you're not paying attention to me! You don't even look at me when I'm talking to you."

"No, but I hear you," Jackson assured him. "It's important for me to keep my eyes on the road and not be distracted. Dad always reminds me of that before letting me borrow the car."

"Oh. I bet he reminds you of something the Bible says about driving too," said James. "Dad seems to find Bible verses for everything."

Jackson laughed as he pulled into a parking space at the ball field. "Actually, Dad did say that driving is sort of like living for Jesus because it requires focus. Just like I need to keep my eyes on the road so I don't get in an accident, it's important for Christians to keep their eyes on Jesus."

"What does that mean?" asked James.

"It means we can't let anything distract us from Jesus and what He's doing in our lives," replied Jackson. "This world is full of distractions, and we're often tempted to chase after things like money or popularity, thinking they'll make us happy, or do things our way instead of doing what God wants us to do. But when we keep our eyes on Jesus, we remember that He's saved us and is using us to help others know about Him. Then we'll remember that only He can satisfy us, and we can focus on what He wants us to do in every situation."

James grabbed his mitt from the floor. "Well, in baseball, you have to keep your eyes on the ball." He grinned at Jackson. "But I'll keep my eyes on Jesus too and remember I'm playing for Him." Betty J. Thomas

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you keep your eyes on Jesus? When you have a bad day, do you go to Him for comfort? When you have a need, do you trust Him to provide for you? When you don’t know what to do, do you ask Him to guide you? Don’t let problems or anything this world has to offer distract you from the truth—Jesus saved you and has given you eternal life. Keep your focus on Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)

Let us keep looking to Jesus. Our faith comes from Him and He is the One Who makes it perfect. (NLV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 3, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Family Traits (Thursday)

Read: Romans 5:12, 15, 18-21

There was much excitement as Jase and his family waited at the airport. Uncle Dan and Aunt Mary were returning home after spending several years serving as missionaries. Everyone was eager to see their little son, Benjamin, who had been born in Africa.

When the families finally got together, Jase stood back while the grownups greeted one another. Then Uncle Dan turned toward him. "And this must be little Jase--but you're not so little anymore, are you?"

"I'm six years old," Jase proudly told Uncle Dan.

Uncle Dan grinned. "Yes, you've grown up while we were gone. I see you have your mother's eyes."

Jase's mom pointed to the little boy Aunt Mary was holding. "And your son looks just like you, Dan," Mom said.

"Yes." Uncle Dan laughed joyfully. "He's my boy!"

On the way home that night, Jase asked, "How did I get Mom's eyes? And why does Benjamin look like Uncle Dan?"

"Kids inherit certain things from their parents--like the shape of their face or the color of their hair and eyes," replied Jase's older sister, Meg. "You got Mom's brown eyes, and Benjamin got his dad's curly hair. We can inherit other kinds of things too--like a talent for music or an interest in building things. Right, Dad?"

"Right. And there's one thing we all inherit, going back to the first people God created," said Dad.

"What's that?" asked Jase.

"Our sinful nature," Dad replied. "When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they became sinners, and that sinful nature has been passed down to us."

"And that's why we all do things that are wrong, isn't it?" Meg asked.

"Right," said Dad, "but because Jesus lived a perfect life and died to take the punishment for our sins, we can be forgiven. When we trust in Jesus, we become part of God's family, and He passes His righteousness--His goodness--on to us. Even though we still sin, the inheritance we get from Jesus replaces the sin we inherited from Adam. That means we can resist doing things that are wrong, and one day, when Jesus returns, He'll get rid of sin forever!"

Jase smiled. "I'm glad I got Mom's eyes, but I'm even more happy I have Jesus' goodness because I trust in Him!" Jan L. Hansen

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Can you tell which traits you inherited from your parents? Maybe you have your dad’s nose or your mom’s hair. Did you know you also inherited a sinful nature? You were born a sinner, but unlike the physical traits you inherited, that one can be changed. If you trust in Jesus, you’ll inherit His righteousness and be part of His family forever. (To learn more, click the "Good News!" button in the right column of this page.)

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 5:19 (KJV)

by one Man’s [Jesus'] obedience many will be made righteous. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <September 4, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Slow Start (Friday)

Read: Psalm 119:14-18

"I. love going on a walk with you every afternoon," Ruby told her grandfather.

"I feel like I missed out by not joining you sooner like I said I would. I knew walking would be good for me and being with you would be fun, but I had a hard time getting started."

"I understand," Grandpa assured her. "I've had that kind of problem myself."

"You didn't start walking as soon as you should have either?" Ruby asked.

Grandpa smiled. "Actually, I was thinking of something else I had trouble starting--reading my Bible."

"Reading your Bible?" Ruby asked in disbelief. "You read it every day, don't you?"

"I do now, but years ago I had a hard time getting myself to read it regularly, even though I knew I should. After I finally made it a part of my morning routine, it became natural and important to me--almost like breathing or eating. Reading it every day helps me remember that I belong to Jesus and need to trust and obey Him. Now I look forward to spending time with Jesus each day and listening to what He says to me through His Word."

Ruby sighed. "I don't do very well at reading the Bible either. I've started a few times, but after a couple of days, I seem to forget."

"Did you read just a little each day?" asked Grandpa.

"Well...no," said Ruby. "Harrison wanted to read the whole Bible through in a year, and I didn't want him to get ahead of me. So I tried to read as much as he did." "Try it again, but this time start slowly," Grandpa suggested. "When you decide to walk or jog regularly, you don't go three miles the first day. You start with a short distance, do it regularly, and add the miles gradually. Learning to read your Bible is something like that. Instead of trying to read whole chapters, read just a few verses at a time and think about how they apply to you. Set aside a little time each day to spend with Jesus in His Word. Once it becomes a habit, you can gradually add more verses."

"Okay," Ruby said. "I'll start as soon as I get home." Ruth I. Jay

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you found it difficult to get in the habit of reading your Bible? Don’t give up. Try again. Why not begin with the short Bible passage given with each Keys for Kids story? Read the verses and think about what Jesus is saying to you. What do you think He wants you to remember as you go about your day? Start small so you can make reading His Word a normal part of your life.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 119:97 (KJV)

Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.(NIV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
769 Unlocked 가이드 (12/31/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.28 274
768 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/31/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.28 246
767 Unlocked 가이드 (12/24/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.21 147
766 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/24/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.21 162
765 Unlocked 가이드 (12/17/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.14 43
764 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/17/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.14 36
763 Unlocked 가이드 (12/10/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.07 56
762 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/10/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.12.07 36
761 Unlocked 가이드 (12/03/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.30 46
760 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/03/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.30 39
759 Unlocked 가이드 (11/26/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.11.23 42