** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 9, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Sweet Like Honey (Monday)

Read: Proverbs 16:24; James 3:3-5, 7-10

The peace and quiet upstairs was suddenly shattered by accusing voices. "You're a crybaby!" Will told his sister, Chloe.

"Oh yeah? You're a tattletale!" Chloe replied.

"Will! Chloe! Come down right now!" Mom called from downstairs where she and Aunt Susie were cooking.

Two red-faced kids trudged into the kitchen of their aunt and uncle's house. Mom looked at them sternly. "I'm disappointed in you. You know better than--"

Suddenly, a door slammed. Mom, Chloe, and Will snapped their heads up, the scolding forgotten. "Uncle Matthew!" Will shouted. He and Chloe raced out of the room to greet their uncle. Soon they all came into the kitchen. Uncle Matthew carried a rectangular wooden frame filled with hexagon-shaped wax.

"Thought I'd pop in and let you try some honey I harvested," he told the kids. "Can we taste some honey, Mom?" Will asked.

She nodded. Chloe and Will gathered around Uncle Matthew.

"Press your finger into the wax," Uncle Matthew told them, then demonstrated.

Some wax broke under his finger and covered it in gooey, golden honey.

Chloe and Will followed his example. Will licked a honey-coated finger. "Wow," he said. "This is the best honey ever. And I've eaten lots of honey."

Chloe tasted hers. "Mmm!"

Mom's eyes widened with an idea. "You know, the Bible mentions honey."

"Cool!" Chloe exclaimed. "Where?"

"Proverbs 16:24," Aunt Susie said. "'Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.'"

Uncle Matthew nodded. "Honey's delicious, and it's perfect for healing our bodies. Words are similar."

"We need to remember the impact words have," Mom said, eyeing Will and Chloe.

"Our words need to show others the love of Jesus. There's a verse in Psalms that says God's words to us are as sweet as honey. His Word, the Bible, speaks truth to us and encourages us. Those are what our words to others should be like--words that taste like honey, not words that hurt like a honeybee sting."

Will and Chloe looked at each other. "Sorry for calling you a crybaby," said Will. "Sorry for calling you a tattletale," Chloe replied.

They smiled, then each reached for another taste of honey. JULIE POTTER

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are the words you say to others sweet like honey? Or are they more like angry bees on the attack? It’s easy to be hurtful or careless with our words. But as Christians, what we say should point others to Jesus and His kindness and love. Apologizing, giving genuine compliments, and thanking others are a few ways to use our words for good. How else can you share God’s sweetness in your words?

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Psalm 119:103 (KJV)

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 3, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Hopeless Case (Part 1) (Tuesday)

Read: 1 Corinthians 15:58; 16:13-14

"Poor Mrs. Bennett," said Mom. "I think she must be very lonely. She told me last week that all three of her children live across the country with their own families now, so she hardly sees them."

"Is that the old lady who lives on the corner?" asked Tessa.

Mom nodded. "I'm going to visit her this afternoon. Want to come along?" Tessa hesitated. I've always wondered what the inside of her house looks like, she thought. So Tessa decided to go with her mother.

After Mom knocked on Mrs. Bennett's door, Tessa heard feet shuffling, but the

door didn't open right away. A shaky voice called out, "Who is it?"

"It's Meredith Adams," called Tessa's mother. "I stopped to talk to you when you were taking your trash out last week, remember? My daughter Tessa and I are here to visit you, and we brought some homemade bread. May we come in?"

After a few seconds of silence, Mrs. Bennett finally opened the door. She invited them in and accepted the bread. They spent the rest of their visit listening to Mrs. Bennett talk angrily about her children. "After all I've done for them, they almost never come to see me or even call me," she complained. "They should all be ashamed of themselves."

"Wow!" said Tessa as she and Mom headed home. "Let's not go there again! I think she's hopeless."

"Mrs. Bennett is lonely, and she needs Jesus," said Mom. "Today we took the first step in introducing Him to her."

"The first step?" Tessa asked. "But we hardly even talked about Him."

"No, but we listened," said Mom. "Sharing Jesus with others doesn't just mean talking to them about God. If you want a person to trust you and listen to what you have to say, you often have to be a true friend first. That's how we show people what Jesus is like--by loving and caring for them like He does. And don't forget--Jesus specializes in hopeless cases. So I'll continue to pray for Mrs. Bennett and go see her again." Mom looked at Tessa. "Will you join me?"

Tessa shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe," she said. "I'll see." Jorlyn A. Grasser

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you know someone who doesn’t seem to have any interest in God? Have you tried being a friend to that person? Perhaps they need to talk to someone and know somebody cares enough to just listen. Maybe an invitation to join you in activities would be welcome. Then, as your friendship develops, you’ll have opportunities to talk about Jesus and how much He loves them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Acts 1:8 (KJV)

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 4, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Hopeless Case (Part 2) (Wednesday)

Read: Isaiah 55:10-12

Tessa decided to go with her mother to visit their elderly neighbor a second time--and several times after that. "Don't you think we might as well give up?" Tessa asked at last. "I don't think Mrs. Bennett will ever have any interest in God."

"Don't forget, being a friend is a long-term commitment," said Mom. "Let's not give up." Tessa sighed, but she continued to go along when her mother went to visit Mrs. Bennett.

One day, Tessa was surprised to hear Mrs. Bennett ask, "Why do you keep coming to see me? My own children hardly ever visit me!"

"We care about you," Mom replied. "I know it can be lonely when you live by yourself, but did you know there's a friend who wants to be with you all the time?"

Mrs. Bennett frowned. "Who would that be?"

Tessa spoke up, surprising herself. "It's Jesus."

Mom nodded. "We visit and bring treats, but Jesus has done so much more for

you. He died and rose again to save you from sin. Having Him in your life will bring you great comfort and peace, even when you aren't around other people."

Mrs. Bennett listened quietly, and Tessa noticed that she seemed to be thinking about it. "Do you have a Bible?" asked Mom.

"Someplace. I haven't done anything with it in years," said Mrs. Bennett. "Why?" "If you can find it, Tessa will show you a special verse," said Mom.

Tessa looked surprised as Mrs. Bennett rose and shuffled to another room. "What verse?" she whispered.

"John 3:16," Mom whispered back. "And here's a card you can give her that

explains the way of salvation very simply."

When Mrs. Bennett returned with the Bible, Tessa took it and found the verse.

"Here, Mrs. Bennett," she said. "This verse tells you how much God loves you." Mrs. Bennett took the Bible and the card. "I'll read this after my nap," she said. Tessa was thoughtful on the way home. "I think you're right, Mom," she said.

"Mrs. Bennett isn't hopeless at all--at least not to Jesus." Jorlyn A. Grasser

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you continue to pray for someone who seems hopeless to you? Do you keep sharing God’s love with that person? Sometimes it may take months—or even years—before you see any results, but don’t give up. Keep on being a friend to them, praying for them, and sharing the truth of God’s Word. He promises that it will accomplish His purpose.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Isaiah 55:11 (KJV)

[My word] will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 6, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Part of the Family (Thursday)

Read: Hebrews 2:10-12

"Look out!"

Caroline ducked as a football sailed over her head. Her older cousin Jacob ran past to retrieve the ball. "Sorry about that," he said as he scooped it up.

Caroline laughed. "No problem. It missed me!"

"Want to join us?" asked Jacob as he turned to resume his game with several other kids.

"Maybe later. Right now Lauren is going to get a jump rope."

Caroline was having a great time at their family reunion. People were everywhere--old people, young people, laughing people, quiet people, aunts and uncles, and lots of cousins. Caroline loved it. There was always someone to talk to or play with.

After lunch, Caroline and another cousin played with the smaller kids while their parents cleared tables. Later, when the little kids were taken to be put down for naps, Caroline looked around, trying to decide what to do next. She saw her aunt Sara approaching. "I saw wildflowers down at the end of this lane," said Aunt Sara. "Want to come along and have a closer look?" Caroline nodded eagerly.

Aunt Sara lived far away and didn't come to visit very often. But as they walked and talked, Caroline discovered that she and her aunt enjoyed many of the same things. "This family reunion is so cool," said Caroline. "There's always someone to play with and talk to."

"It's fun to get the whole family together, isn't it?" said Aunt Sara. "It reminds me of another family we're a part of. God's family is made up of all those who trust in Jesus, and there are many of us all over the world."

"Too many for a family reunion!" said Caroline with a laugh.

Aunt Sara smiled. "Maybe so, but one day we will all be together with Jesus in heaven. Think of how much fun that will be! And until then, we can enjoy being with other Christians here too."

"You mean, by going to church?" asked Caroline.

Aunt Sara nodded. "This reunion has reminded me how special it is to spend time together as a family, and we do that each week when we go to church and worship Jesus together. No matter how old we are or where we live, we're bound together by God's love." Myrina D. Mccullough

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you enjoy spending time with your family? It’s fun to get together with extended family you don’t get to see as often. If you trust in Jesus, you’re also part of another family—God’s family! Even though we can’t all be together until we’re in heaven, we can enjoy being together in smaller groups at church. Spend time getting to know other members of God’s family.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 2:11 (KJV)

Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 7, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Not a Gumball Machine (Friday)

Read: Hebrews 4:14-16

Asher put a quarter into the gumball machine at the grocery store. The colorful balls in the machine shifted around. Then Asher heard a plunk as a yellow gumball fell into the slot. Asher picked it up, popped it into his mouth, and walked with his mom to their car.

On the way home, Asher looked at the big hospital they were passing. "Mom, can we stop at the hospital and visit Grandma?"

"We'll go there this afternoon," Mom replied.

Asher sighed. "She's been sick a long time. I've been praying and praying for her, but I guess God's not answering. I wish He would just heal her!"

"I know it's hard, honey," Mom said, "but God doesn't always answer prayers the way we want Him to--or at the time we wish He would. We have to trust Him to do what's best for us and for Grandma. He loves us, and He loves her too."

When they got home, Asher helped his mom unload groceries from the trunk. Then he sat down at the kitchen table. "Why doesn't God answer prayers the way we want Him to?" Asher asked, still thinking of his grandma. "To tell the truth, I don't even feel like praying anymore. God doesn't do what I ask Him to do anyway, so why should I bother?"

"You mean He's not a gumball machine?" asked Mom. "You can't just give Him a quarter--or say a prayer--and He automatically gives out a gumball? Or the answer you want?" Asher smiled at the idea of God handing out gumballs.

"We can't think of God as a prayer-answering machine," Mom continued. "He's the One who's in charge, not us. He won't always answer our prayers our way, but He will always answer them in the best way because He loves us. When He doesn't answer the way we want, we need to remember that we belong to Jesus and trust Him to help us with difficult answers."

For a few moments, Asher quietly thought about what his mother had said. Then he nodded. "Thanks, Mom. I'll keep on praying for Grandma, and I will trust Jesus. I know He loves her--and me too--no matter what happens." Holly F. Cepeda

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you prayed for someone or something for a long time with no results? Or maybe you see results, but they’re not what you want. Continue to go boldly to God with your requests, remembering that you’re His child and He loves you. Trust Him to do what He knows is best, even when it’s not what you were hoping for. When His answers are difficult, He will be with you and help you through them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Chronicles 5:20 (KJV)

They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him. (NLT)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
589 Unlocked 가이드 (04/10/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.04.08 4119
588 Daily Devotional 가이드 (04/10/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.04.08 4015
587 Unlocked 가이드 (04/03/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.04.01 3946
586 Daily Devotional 가이드 (04/03/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.04.01 1346
585 Unlocked 가이드 (03/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.24 416
584 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.24 3795
583 Unlocked 가이드 (03/20/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.18 110
582 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/20/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.18 3443
581 Unlocked 가이드 (03/13/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.10 73
580 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/13/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.10 201
579 Unlocked 가이드 (03/6/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file file adminMin 2021.03.03 7325
578 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/06/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.03 25065
577 Unlocked 가이드 (02/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.23 13525
576 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file file adminMin 2021.02.23 54409
575 Unlocked 가이드 (02/20/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.23 17865
574 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/20/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.23 2978
573 Unlocked 가이드 (02/13/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.10 13850
572 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/13/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.10 11207
571 Unlocked 가이드 (02/06/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.03 3513
570 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/06/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.02.03 11342