** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘Get the Point? (Part 1)’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 26, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Get the Point? (Part 1) (Monday)

Read: 1 Corinthians 12:12-20, 29

Bam! Bam! Bam! Dad's hammer pounded a nail into the board Beth was holding. "Well," Dad announced dramatically, "another board has been placed in the custody of the treehouse! Thank you! Thank you very much!" Beth didn't answer. "Uh, Beth?" Dad smiled sheepishly. "I'm waiting for some applause!"

"What? Oh, sorry, Dad," came the answer. "I was just...thinking."

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Dad asked gently.

"I just wish I had a good talent to offer to God," Beth replied. "I can't do anything useful. Josie can sing; I can't. Rose is great with little kids; I'm not. I can't do anything!"

"I see," Dad said. "Can you hand me that nail?" Beth picked up a large nail and passed it to him. He accepted it and gazed at it for a second. "Beth, I have a question for you. What if nails began to think they were useless? What if they said, If only we were boards, then we could help our builder'?"

"Well, that would be pretty silly," Beth replied.

"Exactly! They've been given sharp points so they can be driven into wood, long bodies that can hold many pieces of lumber together, and flat heads that make pounding a breeze. Nails have been given everything they need to serve the one who's using them. And so have you. Jesus gives each of us different abilities so we can serve Him alongside other Christians. Let's think. What can you do to serve Jesus?"

"Well, I'm pretty good at playing the piano," Beth said excitedly.

"You're catching on!" Dad said. "You could play at church or the nursing home, or even give lessons to younger kids. And we haven't even scratched the surface! You have so many talents that could be channeled toward serving our Creator. Are you starting to get the point?'" Dad grinned. "Get it? Like a nail? Oh, that's a good one!"

Beth giggled and hugged her dad. "Thank you, Dad. And yes, I do get the point'!" Natalie Crowe

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever wish you were more talented? Do you look at your friends and think if only you had talents like them, then you could be useful and serve the Lord? Don’t compare your abilities to those of others. It takes many people to build the body of Christ, and God uses them all. He’s given you exactly what you need to serve Him in the way He wants. Be thankful for the talents He’s given you and use them to serve Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 12:4-5 (KJV)

Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. (NLT)

‘Get the Point? (Part 2)’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 27, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Get the Point? (Part 2) (Tuesday)

Read: Romans 12:1-8 

Beth and her dad were outside sitting on their half-built treehouse. Beth was hand-sewing a pillow, and Dad was just about to start on the third wall when Beth asked, "Dad, remember what we talked about last week? About nails being perfect for their user to build with, and about how I can use my talents to serve Jesus?"

"Of course I remember," Dad answered. "Have you made any arrangements to play the piano?"

"I'm going to play at the nursing home next week," Beth said as she looked down at her pillow. "But I feel like that's too small. I want to do big things for Jesus, not just little things like that. I want to make a difference."

"I see," Dad responded thoughtfully. Then, seeming to change the subject, he said, "All right, let me finish this wall." He put the boards in place, and just as he pressed a nail against the wood and prepared to pound it in, he declared, "You know, these nails are so small. Let's just put them to the side and not use them."

Beth looked up from her sewing. "But Dad! We need the nails to hold the treehouse together!"

"Yeah, but they're so minor," said Dad. "How can something that size be useful? I mean, the lumber is what you see. Why should we use nails? And that pillow you're sewing. Why should you use thread to hold it together? Why not just wrap the stuffing in fabric and be done with it?"

"Dad, nails and thread may be little, but they're so important! We need them to hold our projects together! We need--oh." Beth stopped when she saw her dad smiling. "You're talking about me, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. Just as a builder uses small, seemingly unimportant nails and a seamstress uses thin thread, Jesus uses small acts of love and kindness in His plan to bring people all over the world to Him. He can use your music for big things, Beth."

"Thanks, Dad," Beth said. "I'll play at the nursing home and trust Him to use it however He wants."

"Good for you, sweetheart. Hey, maybe I should start a class! Nail Lessons with Dad.' Can't you just see it?"

Beth laughed. "Oh, Dad!" Natalie Crowe

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever feel like the things you do for Jesus are too small? He uses all gifts, both big and small, to help others know His love. Don’t worry if the things you do to serve Him don’t seem very significant. Trust Him to use your little acts of kindness to make a big difference.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 12:6 (KJV)

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them.

‘Pitching Curves’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 25, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Pitching Curves (Wednesday)

Read: Proverbs 12:17-22

Ravi wound up for the pitch and let the ball fly, but it went too high. It sailed through the air over Logan's head, and there was an awful sound of breaking glass as it crashed through Mr. Garcia's store window.

Logan gave a quick backward look over his shoulder. "Come on, Ravi! We've got to get out of here!" Almost before he knew it, Ravi was trailing after Logan, who was tearing across the playground and down the street as fast as he could go. "Whew!" Logan said when they were far away from Mr. Garcia's store. "That was close, but we're safe now."

"Yeah," Ravi replied. He hesitated. "I think I should go back and own up to breaking the window."

Logan stared at him. "Are you crazy? He'll make you pay for it!" Logan turned toward his street. "I'm going home."

Ravi watched him go, still feeling very disturbed. Telling Mr. Garcia I broke the window is the right thing to do, he thought. So instead of going home, Ravi headed back to Mr. Garcia's store.

Mr. Garcia was looking at the damage when Ravi arrived. "Uh, Mr. Garcia, I...I'm the one who broke your window," he managed to say. "I was trying to pitch a curve, and the ball just..."

From beneath bushy eyebrows, Mr. Garcia looked sternly at Ravi. "Pitching curves, eh? Well then, there's only one thing to do," he said gruffly. Ravi trembled. "Learn to control them!" Mr. Garcia's chin was quivering, and his eyebrows were raised. Ravi suddenly realized he was chuckling!

"I'm glad you didn't try to pitch a curve to me by lying about what happened," said Mr. Garcia. "I know you're a Christian, Ravi, and I'm very proud of you for coming back to tell me about the window. I can see your love for Jesus in how straightforward and honest you were today. Only pitch curves in baseball--not in life. Now, about the window. Do you think you could come and do some sweeping and cleaning for me to work off the cost of replacing it?"

Ravi gladly agreed. Hazel M. Percy

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you truthful and honest even when it might get you into trouble? Or do you try to pitch curves by lying about something you’ve done? Always tell the truth, even when it’s hard. If you’re at fault, admit it and accept the consequences, whatever they may be. When you’re truthful with others, your actions show them you belong to Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Proverbs 12:22 (KJV)

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who deal truthfully are His delight.

‘Rich Indeed’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 29, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Rich Indeed (Thursday)

Read: John 14:1-6 

Easton and Cade talked about a complicated football play as they ambled home from school. Suddenly, Easton stopped talking and sniffed the air. "Chocolate chips," he said.

Cade understood immediately. They were nearing Mrs. Jian's house; she often baked cookies for the neighborhood kids. Even if she didn't have cookies, they'd often stop to visit or help her in the garden. It was fun to listen as she talked about the things she had done when she was a young girl growing up in China.

"Come in, boys," Mrs. Jian said as she set a plate of cookies on the table.

"We shouldn't come here so often," Cade said. "My mom says cookies cost money and we shouldn't eat up all your food."

"Eat all you want," said Mrs. Jian, "and let your mothers know I love to share." She smiled at the boys. "Did you know that I'm actually very rich?"

"Really?" asked Easton. "Then why do you live in such a little house?"

"Oh, this is just a place where I'm staying for a while," Mrs. Jian answered. "I have a mansion that I'm going to move into someday."

"Really?" Cade asked. "Where is it?"

"It's in heaven, of course," replied Mrs. Jian. "In the Bible, Jesus says He's gone to prepare a place for us--a place with many mansions." She chuckled. "A lot of people think money is what makes you rich, but money won't get anyone into heaven--and you certainly can't take it there with you either."

"I guess not," said Easton.

Mrs. Jian grinned. "Love is what makes you rich--the love of a Savior. Jesus loved me so much He gave His life to pay the penalty for my sins and give me eternal life. He's filled my heart with His love and has blessed me with the love of my family, my friends, and all the kids who stop to visit me. Yes, I am very rich indeed."

Cade and Easton grinned back at Mrs. Jian. Then they happily followed her instructions to help themselves to a glass of milk and her famous cookies. Michael R. Blackman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you rich in the things that count? The promise of eternal life with Jesus is more valuable than any treasure this world has to offer. All the money in the world is worthless if you won’t be going to heaven. Is Jesus preparing a place for you? He is if you trust Him as your Savior. If you trust in Him today, you’ll be very rich indeed!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Matthew 16:26 (KJV)

And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? (NLT)

‘A Hurting Conscience’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 1, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Hurting Conscience (Friday)

Read: Acts 24:16; 1 Timothy 1:5, 18-19

"I'm hungry!" declared Elle one afternoon. "And you know what, Toby? There's candy way up on the top shelf of the cupboard. Let's sneak some before Mom gets back from the store. She'll never know! I've done it lots of times, and she's never caught me yet!"

Her brother frowned. "Doesn't that make you feel guilty?"

"Nah," Elle replied. "At first it did, but it doesn't bother me anymore." Toby still hesitated, but when he saw his sister eating a chocolate bar, he just couldn't resist.

When their mom got home, Toby and Elle went outside to play in the snow. An hour later, Mom came to the door. "It's really cold out. Why don't you come in and I'll fix you some hot chocolate?" That sounded good, so they went into the house.

Mom was shocked when she saw how wet and cold the kids' feet were. "Why didn't you come in sooner?" she asked. "Didn't your cold feet hurt?"

"At first they bothered me, but we wanted to finish our fort," said Toby. "After a while, they didn't feel so cold--I hardly noticed them at all. But they don't feel very good now!"

"That cold feeling was a warning," said Mom. "If you had stayed out too much longer, you might have gotten frostbite. Let's get those feet warmed up." She began to rub Elle's feet gently. "The most dangerous time isn't when you feel cold, but when you stop feeling it," Mom said. "It's like your conscience. God created each of us with a built-in warning system called a conscience. When it hurts us, we should pay attention and admit we're doing something wrong. Ignoring it can be dangerous. If our conscience stops bothering us when we do something wrong, we can allow sinful patterns into our lives. It helps us know when we've done something we need to confess to Jesus."

Toby and Elle looked at each other when Mom left the room. "Now that my feet are warming up, they hurt--almost as much as my conscience does," Toby said.

Elle nodded. "My conscience hurts again too, but I think we'll feel better when we tell Mom about the candy--and ask Jesus to forgive us."

Sherry L. Kuyt

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you do things that made you feel guilty in the past—but not anymore? You may have changed, but God’s standard of right and wrong never changes. The Holy Spirit will often use your conscience to convict you of sin. Whenever it bothers you, pay attention. Don’t let yourself become numb to sin. Confess your sin to Jesus and turn from it so you can have a clear conscience.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Acts 24:16 (KJV)

I always try to maintain a clear conscience before God and all people. (NLT)

No. Subject Author Date Views
511 Unlocked 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.07.08 62
510 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.08 38
509 Unlocked 가이드 (07/04/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.07.01 14
508 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/04/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.01 9
507 Unlocked 가이드 (06/27/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.24 9
506 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/27/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.24 8
505 Unlocked 가이드 (06/20/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.17 11
504 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/20/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.17 11
503 Unlocked 가이드 (06/13/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.11 6
502 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/13/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.11 3
501 Unlocked 가이드 (06/06/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.03 10