** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘A Girl Named Mia’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 5, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Girl Named Mia (Monday)

Read: Psalm 139:13-18

Mia kicked off her rubber boots as she walked inside. It was her turn to set the table, and she needed to hustle.

"Mia, what have you been doing?" Mia's grandmother asked.

Mia had forgotten Grandma was coming for dinner. She looked down at her feet, slightly muddy from pond water, then shrugged and went to the kitchen sink to wash her hands.

Grandma shook her head. "Who knew I would have such a tomboy for a granddaughter?"

"I like nature, Grandma," Mia said. And I'm still a girl, she fumed inside.

The next afternoon, Mia headed to softball practice. Her glove felt heavy in her hands as she remembered the words of another student earlier that day. In the cafeteria, the girl had described the earrings she'd bought last weekend. Then she asked Mia if she had her ears pierced. When Mia answered she'd never wanted them pierced, her classmate exclaimed, "What are you, a tomboy?"

The other girl returned to her sandwich, but Mia had lost her appetite.

As she walked to the softball field for batting practice, Mia remembered she was good at softball. It felt great to be good at something. Even if some people think I'm not so good at acting like a girl.

She tried to turn her thoughts to God's truth--that God loved her just the way she was. If Jesus died for me--if He really loved me enough to do that--He must have plans for me. That means God made me a girl on purpose--even if His purpose doesn't always fit with everyone else's expectations. Mia felt glad knowing God had a purpose for her. She just wished she knew what that purpose was.

"Mia, you're up!" her coach called as she picked up a bat. Mia faced the pitcher. The first pitch whizzed toward her. She missed. On the second pitch, Mia pictured the softball as one gigantic earring. One I'll never wear.

Whack! Mia sent the ball sailing.

"Nice one!" her coach yelled. Mia tapped her bat against her cleats. I don't know God's plans for me, she thought, but I know He'll help me become the girl He created me to be.

Today, that was a girl who played softball. Allison Wilson Lee

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you compare yourself to other people and feel like you don’t measure up? Maybe others expect you to be someone you’re not. God made you with a purpose, and He loves you. Jesus died on the cross for your sin so you could belong to Him! Trust Him to show you how to become the one-of-a-kind person He created you to be as you walk closely with Him.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 139:14 (KJV)

I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

‘A Long Wait 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 1, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A long Wait (Tuesday)

Read: Psalm 37:3-8

"Oh no!" exclaimed Isla as the railroad crossing arms came down and a very slow-moving train began passing by on the tracks in front of them.

"Looks like we'll be sitting here for a while," said Mom, and she turned off the car engine.

Isla sighed and watched the train as car after car rattled past. "I don't think this train will ever end."

"Really? You mean we'll be stuck here forever?" Mom teased. "Dad will miss us, don't you think?"

Isla grinned. "I think he must miss us already, and I miss him too. It's been two whole months since he moved to Newton for his new job." She sighed. "Do you think our house is ever going to sell so we can move too?"

"It will sell sooner or later," Mom replied. "We need to be patient."

"But it seems to be taking forever--just like this train!"

"Well, every train has an end," said Mom, "and so does every problem." Just then a bright flash of blue darted past the windshield. A bird perched high up on a wire. "Look--a bluebird!" Mom said. "Maybe he can see the end of this train already, just like God can see the end of our problem. God knows exactly when our house will sell. We just have to trust Him and wait."

"I don't like waiting," said Isla.

"No one does," replied Mom, "but do you know what makes it harder?"

"No. What?"

"Impatience. Instead of sitting here thinking how much we hate waiting for this train, let's sing about what Jesus did to save us and His promise to make everything right one day. How about Lord, I Lift Your Name on High'? Do you remember the motions to that one?"

"Sure do," said Isla, and they did the motions as they sang the song.

"I remember learning the motions to that song when I was your age," said Mom.

Isla laughed. "That was a looong time ago."

Just then, the last car of the train rumbled by. "That didn't take so long after all," Isla said. "I'll remember to be patient and trust Jesus while we wait for our house to sell too." Miriam K. Nowak

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you wait patiently for God to work things out? Being impatient won’t make problems go away any faster, but it will make you miserable. Remember that every problem has an end and that Jesus knows just when that end will come—even if it’s not until He comes back and makes everything right. Trust Him and be patient. He’s always with you and will help you through all of your problems—big or small.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 37:7 (KJV)

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘God Wants to Encourage Us’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 17, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

God wants to Encourage Us (Wednesday)

Read: Psalm 34:18; Philippians 4:6-7 

Amanda ran out the school doors and jumped into Dad's car. "Okay, I think it will be all right." Dad gave her a sideways look. "You think what will be all right?"

"I didn't do so well on my math quiz." Amanda stared out the window.

"But after class, my teacher explained the material to me again--and I can retake the quiz. She was really encouraging. But I still feel dumb."

"Because you failed once?" Dad shook his head. "That doesn't make you dumb, Amanda. Sounds like you need more encouraging." Amanda sighed. "Name me one smart person who failed miserably."

"Thomas Edison," Dad said.   "The inventor?"

"Yes. He lived over a hundred years ago and invented many things, including the light bulb. He was one of the greatest inventors of all time, but even he didn't get things right the first time. In fact, he finally invented the light bulb after one thousand failed attempts."

"A brilliant person who failed," Amanda said. "That really is encouraging."

Dad nodded. "If you think my encouragement is good, God's is better."

"How?" asked Amanda. "Well, He's God," Dad said, "so no matter what time of day or night it is, He's always listening."

Amanda smiled. "Knowing He listens is encouraging."

"Right. He encourages us in many ways. How else does God encourage?"

Amanda thought it over. "He encourages us when we read His Word--and when we pray."

"He sure does," Dad said. "He reminds us that He always loves us, even when we fail, and that He uses our failures to help us grow. Can you name one more?"

"Does God use people to encourage us?" Amanda asked.

"Yes! He used your teacher to encourage you," Dad said.

Amanda looked at Dad. "Yeah, He really did--and He's using you too."

"When we tell Him our troubles, He gives us the encouragement we need," Dad said. "Jesus loves us and is always there to encourage us--no matter how many times we fail."

Amanda grinned. "Let's hope I don't have to retake this quiz a thousand times for Him to prove it!" Matt Shoemaker

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you need some encouragement right now? God encourages us like no one else can. His encouragement comes with the peace of knowing He is in control and will help you through your problem. He’ll remind you that His love for you does not rest on whether you succeed or fail. Tell Him your problem, and He will listen and encourage you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)

[Cast] all your cares on him, because he cares about you. (CSB)

‘A Few Gray Hairs’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 19, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Few Gray Hairs (Thursday)

Read: Psalm 92:12-15

Chase and Mason dragged their feet as they approached the room at the end of the hall where Mr. Grant lived. Their youth group was visiting people at an assisted living home, and they had been assigned to Mr. Grant. "What are we going to talk about?" Mason asked as they knocked on the door.

"I don't know," Chase replied. "We don't really have anything in common with an old man!" Just then the door opened. "Um, hi, I'm Chase, and this is Mason. We're here on a visit with our church youth group."

Mr. Grant smiled and swung the door open. "Come on in, boys!" And to Chase's surprise, the three of them were soon chatting easily like old friends.

When Mr. Grant started to talk about his past, the boys learned he had helped start the church they now attended. "That was back when I young," said Mr. Grant. "I remember going door to door, inviting people to come to our new church. I had so much energy and enthusiasm then! I loved going out and doing things like that. I don't mind being older now, but sometimes it's hard not to wish I was young again. That's when a person can really serve the Lord!"

"I don't think that's true, Mr. Grant," Chase said. "I wouldn't even be a Christian if it weren't for my grandparents. My parents aren't Christians, so I learned about Jesus from my grandparents. Whenever I have questions or need help with something, they're the first ones I go to for advice."

Mr. Grant's eyes twinkled. "You're right, Chase. Sometimes I forget that God is still using me, just in different ways. I can still serve Him and show His love to others, even though I'm older."

"To be honest, I thought we'd have to be a lot older before we could really start to serve God," said Mason.

Mr. Grant shook his head. "Young people can do a lot for the Lord. You've already done me a great service by coming here today. You've really encouraged me and reminded me that a few gray hairs can't stop me from serving Jesus!"

Chase grinned. "You've encouraged me too."

"And me!" Mason added. He hesitated, then asked, "Can we come again soon?" Sherry L. Kuyt

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you made friends with someone much older than you? You can be a blessing to older people—and they can be a blessing to you! You can bring your energy and enthusiasm into their lives, and they can share their knowledge and wisdom with you. Trust Jesus to help you serve Him even though you’re young, and be open to the blessing and encouragement of older Christians.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV)

Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. (NLT)

‘Squashed’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 24, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Squashed (Friday)

Read: Romans 3:23; 6:23

Glad that's over," said Daniel as he, Matt, and Josh left church. "Let's go have some fun."

Ten minutes later, they were on the footbridge over the highway. Opening his backpack, Daniel said, "I took these out of the Free Veggies' box at church. Let's throw them off the bridge at passing cars!"

"Cool!" said Josh.

"There's nothing cool about vegetables," said Matt. "Besides, we'll get in trouble."

"Nah, my brother does it and he never gets caught. Watch this." He grabbed a cucumber and dropped it on a car passing below. It hit the trunk...smoosh!

"Cool!" said Josh again. He tossed a ripe tomato at a pickup truck and watched it disintegrate on the truck bed.

"Your turn," said Daniel, shoving a large round squash at Matt.

Matt hesitated. It did look like fun, and so far, nothing bad had happened, so he dropped it. But there was no smoosh. Instead, there was a sickening thud that shattered the windshield, and the squeal of brakes as the car skidded onto the roadside in a cloud of dust. Then the driver jumped out, looked at the bridge, and pointed right at Matt.

"You almost killed me!" he yelled.

Matt turned to his friends, but they'd already fled. In a panic, he ran too-- through the woods and over his back fence. Hiding behind a shed, he prayed, "Help me!" When he opened his eyes, there stood his dad, a police officer, and the driver, Mr. Barnes. The only thing Matt knew for sure was there would be consequences.

After a long talk, Matt apologized and agreed to work every Saturday to pay for a new windshield. Before Mr. Barnes left, he said, "Matt, I want you to know, I forgive you."

Before bed that night, Matt told his dad, "I almost killed Mr. Barnes. I don't deserve forgiveness."

"Yes, this was serious," Dad replied. "But Matt, the Bible says, All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.' That's why Jesus paid for our sins Himself by dying on the cross--He knew we couldn't get out of our sinful mess ourselves. It doesn't matter how big or small a sin seems to us. He'll forgive you and wipe the slate clean." Teresa Ambord

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you done something that caused a serious situation? Like Matt, you may think you don’t deserve forgiveness. But the Bible says we all sin and fall short of God’s standard. That’s why Jesus died to save us from sin—because none of us can save ourselves. He offers forgiveness for every sin, no matter how serious. Confess your sin and trust Him to forgive you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Psalm 103:12 (KJV)

He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. (NLT)

No. Subject Author Date Views
511 Unlocked 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.07.08 62
510 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.08 38
509 Unlocked 가이드 (07/04/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.07.01 14
508 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/04/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.01 9
507 Unlocked 가이드 (06/27/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.24 9
506 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/27/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.24 8
505 Unlocked 가이드 (06/20/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.17 11
504 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/20/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.17 11
503 Unlocked 가이드 (06/13/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.11 6
502 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/13/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.06.11 3
501 Unlocked 가이드 (06/06/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.06.03 10