** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘The Lost Battle’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Nov 8, 2019>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Lost Battle (Monday)

Read: 1 Timothy 6:11-12; Hebrews 12:1-4

"Why so quiet, Ashtyn?" Mom asked. "Is something bothering you?"

Ashtyn sighed. "I've tried and tried to act like a Christian, and I just can't seem to do it. I told a lie today, and last week I lost my temper. Christians don't tell lies or lose their tempers."

"Oh, Ashtyn, that's not true!" said Mom. "It sounds like you have some apologies to make, but telling a lie or losing your temper doesn't mean you're not a Christian. You're a Christian because you trust in Jesus and have His Spirit living in you."

"I know, but I just can't live the way a Christian should," Ashtyn replied. "I might as well give up. I'm just a big failure!"

Instead of arguing the point, Mom had Ashtyn set the table for dinner.

After they gave thanks, Ashtyn watched in surprise as her mother took huge helpings of potatoes and gravy and various other foods. "Mom! I thought you were on a diet." Ashtyn had been so proud of her mom as she had lost pound after pound.

"I was," Mom said as she buttered a large roll, "but today I ate a piece of cake. I cheated on my diet." She sighed. "Last week I had ice cream. Dieting is too hard!"

"But you were doing so good!" said Ashtyn.

Mom shrugged. "Yes, but it's taking too long. I can't get used to not eating all the sweet stuff I like so much, and I'm tired of trying. I might as well give up. I'm just a big failure."

"No, you're not, Mom. You . . ." Ashtyn's mouth fell open as she realized her mom had used the same expression she herself had used earlier. "Okay, Mom, I get the point. You're not a failure because you cheated on your diet, and I'm not a failure because I told a lie."

"Right!" said Mom, pushing her plate away. "Being a Christian is not about living a perfect life--it's about having a new life through Jesus, who forgives us when we sin and helps us do what is right. We both lost a battle today, but we haven't lost the war." Barbara J. Westberg

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you discouraged because you often do things that are wrong? Do you feel like you might as well quit trying to live the Christian life? God doesn’t want you to quit. He will help you fight against sin. Whenever you lose a battle, confess your sin and ask Jesus for forgiveness. He’s already won the war against sin, and He will help you fight each battle against temptation.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Timothy 6:12 (KJV)

Fight the good fight of faith. (NKJV)

‘A Horrible Pit’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Nov 4, 2019>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Horrible Pit (Tuesday)

Read: Psalm 40:1-5

Colton whistled for his dog. "Come on, Otto," he said. "Let's do a little exploring." Otto joyfully came running, and the two went off to explore a wooded area near their home.

It was late in the fall. The ground was covered with a thick matting of leaves, and in some places the leaves were covered with a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow. "Look, Otto," said Colton. "Let's follow these animal tracks." They followed the tracks deep into the woods before they disappeared. "We'd better go back," said Colton. "We've never been this far in the woods before."

Colton turned and started toward home, when suddenly--CRASH! He stumbled over a tree root and fell headlong into a very deep, sunken area in the ground. I wonder if somebody tried to dig a well here, he thought as he quickly got up, brushed himself off, and tried to climb up the steep sides of the pit. They were slippery, and he fell back to the bottom again and again. Otto stood at the top, barking and looking down anxiously. "Otto!" Colton called. "I can't get out! Go get help!" Otto just whined. "Go home!" Colton ordered. He was relieved when Otto finally ran off.

Colton kept trying, but he couldn't get out of the pit. It was getting dark, and he began to feel afraid. "Help!" he called at the top of his lungs. He thought he heard voices in the distance. "Help!" he yelled again. Soon a face appeared over the edge of the pit. "Dad!" Colton exclaimed in relief.

"When Otto came home without you, we figured you needed help," said Dad, "so we came to find you. In fact, Otto led us here."

"Good dog, Otto!" said Colton.

Several days later, Colton read a Bible verse about being taken up out of a pit. "Hey, I can relate to this verse," he said. "It sounds like me!"

Dad nodded. "It's a good description of people who trust in Jesus," he said. "People can't save themselves from the pit of sin, no matter how hard they try. That's why Jesus died on the cross and rose again--to rescue us from that pit. Every person needs to be rescued from sin by Jesus!" Charles VanderMeer

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you think you can save yourself from the pit of sin? The Bible says you must be saved by Jesus, not by your own good deeds. Going to church, giving money, helping others—none of those things can save you. Stop trying to save yourself. Trust in Jesus instead. You need Him to rescue you. (To learn more, click the "Good News!" button in the right column of this page.)

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 40:2 (KJV)

He lifted me out of the slimy pit… and gave me a firm place to stand. (NIV)

‘Faith Race’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Nov 18, 2019>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Faith Race (Wednesday)

Read: Philippians 3:12-14; Hebrews 12:1-3; James 1:2-4

"Vroooom!" Cyrus zoomed his favorite toy car across the kitchen floor. "Coming in for a pit stop!" he yelled. Elim, his little brother, grinned and pretended to change the tires at super speed. "I need fuel too, Elim," Cyrus declared.

Elim made a gurgling sound as he "filled up" the car. "Ready, set, GO!" Elim waved his arms excitedly as Cyrus took off on the race track they had made around the kitchen.

The boys' cousin Joy looked up from her book and cheered. "Great job, racers!" She looked at her aunt, who was folding laundry nearby. "They sure love to race cars!"

Aunt Bea laughed. "The boys never miss a day! It's their favorite thing to play."

Joy pondered that. "It's kind of like living our lives as Christians. I was reading the book of Hebrews in my Bible yesterday. It said we need to get rid of everything that slows us down, like our sin, and run the race of life with perseverance, keeping our eyes on Jesus. Perseverance means not giving up, right?"

"Absolutely. It means that even when things get difficult, we keep going and trust Jesus to help us. The book of James tells us that when our faith is tested, it helps produce perseverance in our lives. We just have to remember that Jesus is with us and look to Him for strength." Aunt Bea looked thoughtful. "I know one thing that helps me do that is spending time with Jesus. When I read my Bible and pray, I remember what Jesus has done for me and that He gives me strength to keep running the race. When I take the time to stop and be with God, He refreshes me."

"Kind of like a holy pit stop!" Joy said with a giggle. "Praying and reading the Bible helps us keep our eyes on Jesus."

"Speaking of holy pit stops," Aunt Bea said, plopping down in the freshly washed towels with her Bible, "you've just encouraged me to take one right now!"

Joy cheered loudly, and her cousins looked at her in amusement. "Good job, Auntie Bea! Let Jesus fill you up!" Savannah Coleman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you ever thought about your life being like a race? The author of the book of Hebrews did! He talks about the importance of fixing our eyes on Jesus in the race of life. We need to press on in faith, remembering that He’s with us every step of the way. Take regular pit stops to pray and read His Word. He’ll fill you up with reminders of His promises and His love for you!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 12:1-2 (KJV)

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. (NIV)

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘Prayer for Perseverance’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Nov 19, 2019>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Prayer for Perseverance (Thursday)

Read: Romans 12:12; Colossians 1:3-5, 9-12; James 1:12

Carter was grumpy as he walked home from school. He kicked the rocks on the sidewalk as he told his dad how much he was struggling with math. "What if I'm never any good at math, Dad? Everyone else seems to understand it except me. I don't think I'll ever understand the multiplication table."

"We can work on it when we get home," said Dad. "And we can pray about it too. Don't give up, kiddo. You'll get it."

"But what's the point?" asked Carter. "God doesn't really care if I understand math, does He? I'm sure He has more important things to deal with."

"Math is important!" Dad replied. "You need to know it in order to pay bills, save money, and do other things in life. And it's important to God because He loves you. He cares about your struggles because you're His child. He wants to help you persevere through every trial you face, including the problems you're having with math."

When Carter got home, his dad suggested they say a prayer before Carter started his math homework. Carter nervously bowed his head and prayed.

"Lord, You know I struggle with math. Please help me understand the multiplication table better. I have a test coming up and want to do well. Even in the midst of trials, help me remember that with Your help I can persevere through anything. Amen."

Carter kept studying for his math test, and every day he was able to understand a little more. On the day of his test, he took a deep breath and said another prayer. "Lord, please help me get through this test. Help me do my best, even when the questions scare me. Thank you for being with me and for helping me perseveres in learning math."

A few days later, Carter came home from school with a smile on his face. "Dad! The prayers worked! God helped me get through the math test. I got a B on it."

"Great job, kiddo. I'm proud of you. You persevered even though you were nervous and struggling with it."

Carter nodded. "I'm glad I can pray about anything I'm struggling with and Jesus will help me through it." Alexis Wohler

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you struggling with something right now? Have you prayed about it? Jesus wants you to pray about each one of your struggles, no matter how big or small it seems. Whatever it is, He promises to help you through it because He loves you. Pray about your struggles, and trust Him to help you persevere.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: James 1:12 (KJV)

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life. (NIV)

‘Sin Worms’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Jan 8, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Sin Worms (Friday)

Read: Psalm 34:11-14 

"Brrrr!" Malia's teeth chattered as she closed the kitchen door and kicked off her boots. "It's freezing out there, Mom! I need warmer mittens!"

"There are lots of mittens in the hall closet," Mom replied. She opened the closet door, rummaged around, and pulled out knitted hats, mittens, and scarves. "Oh no!" she groaned when she saw holes in some of them.

"I don't remember holes in any of our mittens or scarves last year!" Malia said. "What happened to them?"

"These are made of wool, and moths got into them," Mom explained.

"Moths?" asked Malia. "Those things that kinda look like butterflies?"

"Yes, but the kind that get into clothing are very small, and it's not at the butterfly stage that they eat the fibers. It's earlier--when they look like little caterpillars or small worms. Each one can eat enough to permanently damage clothes."

"Worms?" Malia made a face. "Gross! Who would have thought such little things could ruin our good mittens?" Then she grinned. "It's just like my lesson at church last week. I'll have to tell my teacher."

Mom looked surprised. "What was that lesson about?" she asked.

"About how little things can do a lot of harm," replied Malia. "Like...sometimes we're tempted to think telling a little lie or cheating just a little isn't so bad."

"And what did you learn about that?" asked Mom.

"Well, we learned that in God's sight, sin doesn't come in sizes. All sin is just that--it's sin. It's all evil."

"That's right," said Mom. She picked up a moth-eaten mitten. "If the idea of worms eating your mittens sounds gross to you and me, think of how gross sin is to God. He hates it--all of it--and we should hate it too. That's why we need to go to Jesus for forgiveness--even for so-called little sins--and trust Him to help us do what's good instead."

Malia nodded. "That's what my teacher said--that we need Jesus to help us say no when we're tempted to do something wrong, no matter how small it seems. But I think I understand even better now after seeing what those icky worms did to my mittens!" -Sherry L. Kuyt

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you think so-called little sins aren’t very serious—that they don’t really hurt anything? Think again. Every sin hurts us and others, no matter how small it seems. God hates sin so much He sent His Son to die on the cross so we could be freed from it. He doesn’t take sin lightly, and neither should we. Confess every sin to Jesus. He will forgive you and help you do what’s right.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 34:14 (KJV)

Turn away from what is sinful. Do what is good. Look for peace and follow it. (NLV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
729 Unlocked 가이드 (08/13/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.08.11 50
728 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/13/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.08.11 465
727 Unlocked 가이드 (08/06/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.08.03 19
726 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/06/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.08.03 143
725 Unlocked 가이드 (07/30/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.28 21
724 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/30/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.28 1772
723 Unlocked 가이드 (07/23/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.20 25
722 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/23/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.20 430
721 Unlocked 가이드 (07/16/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.15 72
720 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/16/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.15 254
719 Unlocked 가이드 (07/09/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.07.07 22