** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘A Bad Start’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 10, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Bad Start (Monday)

Read: Psalm 95:1-3; Philippians 2:13-14

"Micah, get up! Time to get ready for school," called Mom.

Micah pulled the covers over his head and burrowed deeper into the warm cocoon of blankets. He didn't even open his eyes. He was too busy dreaming about being the pilot of a big jet and traveling around the world.

"Micah," Mom called again, "get up right now! Do you hear me?"

"Yes." Micah's voice was muffled by the pillow over his head.

"Micah, I said now!" Mom's voice was stern.

Micah sighed but finally stumbled out of bed and into the shower.

"It's raining," said Micah as he entered the kitchen a little later. "Why can't the sun ever shine?" He eyed the breakfast table and frowned. "Oh, yuck! Oatmeal! I can't stand oatmeal!"

Just then Micah's sister came to the table. "Morning, everybody," Adi greeted them. "I am so excited! My class is taking a field trip to the museum today. It's going to be so much fun!"

"My class never goes on field trips," said Micah. "I hate school!"

"Who wants to give thanks before we eat?" Mom asked.

"It's Micah's turn," said Adi.

Micah scowled. "Oh, all right," he said, and he bowed his head. "Dear Jesus, thank You for this day You've given us, and thank You for this food and for our school. In Your name, amen."

"Micah, I think something is very wrong," said Mom as she passed the oatmeal.

Micah looked up. "Wrong? I guess you mean this oatmeal. I don't like it either."

"No, I don't mean the oatmeal. I mean you," said Mom. "You thanked Jesus for this day and for the food and for your school, but all you've done so far is grumble about them."

Micah couldn't deny it--he'd been grumbling since he'd gotten out of bed. "I'm sorry, Mom," he said. "This morning's gotten off to a bad start."

"I find the best way to stop complaining is to remember all I have in Jesus," Mom said, "like salvation and eternal life and all the earthly blessings He's given me too."

"Earthly blessings like...oatmeal?" Micah grinned and took a big scoop of oatmeal. "With brown sugar added, I'm sure it will be delicious!"

Linda M. Weddle

HOW ABOUT YOU?

How do you start each day? By thanking God for another day He’s given you—or complaining about things you don’t like? Is that how you end the day too? Don’t be a grumbler. When you feel the urge to complain, think of all Jesus has done for you and the many blessings He’s given you in this life. Be a joyful Christian, not a grumbling one.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 118:24 (KJV)

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

‘A Faithful Friend’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 9, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Faithful Friend (Tuesday)

Read: Hebrews 13:5-8 

"Want to come over to my house on Saturday, Ryleigh?" asked Nora, looking hopefully at her friend as they walked out of the school building.

"Can't! I'm going to Finley's house with some of the other cheerleaders." Ryleigh gave Nora a quick smile and hurried away.

Nora felt a familiar knot in her stomach, and hot tears pricked her eyelids. Ever since Ryleigh started cheerleading, she hasn't had time for me, she thought. Shouldering her backpack, she trudged toward home in the light, cold rain that was falling.

A car slowed down beside Nora and stopped. She glanced up and saw her mom rolling the window down. "Hi, honey. Want a ride home?" Nora hopped in, threw her backpack in the back seat, and gave the door a loud slam. "You look like you lost your best friend," Mom said.

"I feel like I have. Ever since Ryleigh became a cheerleader, she hardly talks to me anymore. She spends all her time with the other cheerleaders, and they never ask me to join them at lunch or anything." Nora struggled to hold back tears. "I feel like I haven't got a friend left in the whole world."

"Oh, Nora," said Mom, "you have lots of other friends at school."

"Well, maybe," Nora replied, "but I've lost my best friend."

"Actually," said Mom, "your best friend is right here in the car with you."

"What?" In surprise, Nora glanced toward the back seat and then at her mom. "Oh, you mean you," she said. "Thanks, Mom. You're great, but I still miss Ryleigh."

Mom laughed. "Actually, I meant Jesus! He'll always stay with you, even if other friends leave. I know it hurts having Ryleigh treat you this way, but when you feel lonely, remember that you can depend on Jesus, okay?"

"I'll try," said Nora, "but it's kinda hard."

"I know," said Mom, "but He is your most faithful friend. He loves you very much--enough to die on a cross so you could have eternal life with Him! He doesn't change from day to day, and His love for you will always stay the same. He will never leave you." Susan Zimmerman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have faithful friends? They provide companionship and fun, don’t they? But they can’t always be with you—and sometimes they may treat you badly. Jesus is a friend you can always depend on. You can talk to Him in prayer anytime to tell Him how you feel or ask Him for wisdom and guidance. He loves you and will always be there for you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)

For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” (NLT)

‘In the Fire’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 11, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

In the Fire (Wednesday)

Read: Genesis 41:50-52, 50:15-21; Isaiah 48:10-11

Dad swallowed a big bite of hamburger and looked around the dinner table. "I learned something new in that book about Yellowstone I'm reading," he said.

"I can't wait to go to Yellowstone!" Mom's eyes glistened with excitement.

"What did you learn, Dad?" Joy asked.

"Well, remember what happens after a forest fire?"

"Yeah, new growth! Wildfires can actually be a good thing for a forest," James said as he popped a French fry into his mouth.

Dad nodded. "At Yellowstone, trees called lodgepole pines are some of the first trees to start growing after a fire sweeps through a forest. In fact, the cones on this tree are sealed with a kind of tar that protects the seeds inside it. The seeds cannot be released from the cone until it's exposed to a certain level of heat. Once the cones get hot enough, the seeds come out and a new process of growth begins."

"I never knew that!" Mom exclaimed. "The lodgepole pine reminds me of our lives as Christians. God allows us to go through trials and difficulties, but they are never without purpose. From the ashes of our pain and sorrow, He can create something new and beautiful."

"Hey! That's like the story of Joseph! He was thrown into a pit, sold into slavery, and put in jail when he was falsely accused." James shook his head. "Talk about going through the fire!"

"Right!" Joy chimed in. "But Joseph still trusted God. In Sunday school we learned he named one of his sons Ephraim, which means God made me fruitful in the land of my suffering.'"

"I'm sure glad God has a purpose for the pain we go through," Dad said. "Just like Joseph realized, we may not understand God's ways, but we can trust that He is good and can bring new growth from the fires we go through. After all, Jesus went through suffering and death Himself so we could be saved and have eternal life."

"Dad, I have a great idea!" James interjected. "When we see these trees at Yellowstone, let's get a family picture next to one as a reminder that we can always trust Jesus...even in the fire!" Savannah Coleman

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you or someone you know going through a trial right now? Everyone in the world goes through hard and painful times. If you know Jesus, you can be sure that He will help you through the fires you endure. Remember what He went through to save you, and trust Him to be with you and to use the trials in your life for His good purposes.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 66:12 (KJV)

We went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.

‘A New Neighborhood’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 14, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A New Neighborhood (Thursday)

Read: John 14:1-3

"Tears spilled down Sophia's cheeks. "I want Grandpa back," she said. She knew her grandpa was with Jesus, but she missed him so much. She remembered the good times they'd had reading stories, going for walks, and playing games.

Mom put an arm around her. "It's hard to lose someone we love, and it's okay to be sad and cry," she said softly, "but let's remember how much Grandpa is enjoying being with Jesus in heaven. And just think how wonderful it will be when we all join him there someday--more wonderful than we can even imagine."

"I know," said Sophia, "but Grandpa loved being here with us. I bet he misses us too." Mom was quiet for a moment. "Do you remember the neighborhood where we used to live?" she asked.

"In Indiana?" asked Sophia. "Sure."

"You liked your friends there," said Mom. "Do you wish we could move back?"

"Not really," said Sophia. "I like my new friends here too. And this house is bigger--I even have my own room! And the weather here is so warm we can play outside all year." Sophia looked up anxiously. "We're not moving back, are we?"

Mom laughed. "No, we're not moving back, and Grandpa wouldn't want to move back to this earth as it is now after experiencing heaven. Grandpa has no more sadness or pain, and best of all, he can now see Jesus face-to-face."

"So...he wouldn't really want to move back, would he?" said Sophia.

Mom shook her head. "He's with Jesus, and because you and I know Jesus as our Savior, we'll see Him face-to-face someday too--either in heaven after we die or when He returns to earth and makes everything new."

Sophia nodded thoughtfully. "It would be nice if my old friends could move to this neighborhood. I know that's not going to happen, but we are going to move to Grandpa's new neighborhood someday. Then we'll all live with Jesus forever!"

Mom wiped away a tear and nodded. "Death is a sad thing, but let's remember that Grandpa is with Jesus, and that Jesus is also with us in our sadness, even though we can't see Him."

Sophia wiped a tear of her own, thinking of Grandpa, who was already seeing Jesus. Karen E. Cogan

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Has someone you love died and gone to be with Jesus in heaven? The Bible says Jesus is preparing a place for all those who love Him—a place that is far better than anything we can imagine. It’s okay to miss loved ones and cry, but don’t forget they are now in heaven with Jesus, where there is no sorrow or pain—and that one day you’ll be with Him there too.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  John 14:2-3 (KJV)

I go to prepare a place for you…that where I am, there you may be also.

‘Christian Community’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Mar 15, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Christian Community (Friday)

Read: Ephesians 4:11-13

"So, what'd you do at Aleah's this weekend?" Claire's dad asked while making dinner.

"Well, first we painted each other's nails, then we watched a movie and talked till we both fell asleep. But by Saturday morning we were bored, so Aleah suggested we help her mom run the food pantry at her church. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it to help people who needed food. I didn't realize how many people use the food pantry."

Dad smiled brightly. "Yes, it's a big help for our community. That was very kind of you two to help out." He drew out a knife to slice a tomato. But when he pressed down, the tomato was squashed by the knife, and seeds and juice squirted everywhere. Dad jumped back in surprise. "Looks like this knife needs sharpening--it's pretty dull. Claire, can you grab me the sharpener? It's in the knife block, but it's a long rod, not a knife."

Claire found the rod and handed it to her dad. She watched him rapidly swipe the knife along the rod several times. When he put the knife to the tomato again, it sliced through smoothly. "Claire," Dad began, "having a good friend like Aleah is sort of like this knife sharpener."

"How so?" Claire asked.

"The Bible says that just like iron can sharpen iron, people can sharpen each other. God knows life can be difficult, so He has given us a community of other Christians like Aleah to help us through it. He designed us to be part of His body of believers, the church, and puts people in our lives who sharpen us spiritually. He often uses our relationships with Christian friends to help us grow to be more like Jesus. In fact, Jesus Himself had close friends He hung around with called disciples. He spent a lot of time with them and helped them understand who He was--the Son of God who was going to save the world from sin."

"Aleah is one of my best friends," said Claire. "She's always kind to me and encourages me to do the right thing."

"I'm very glad you've found a friend like her," said Dad, slicing through the next tomato with ease. Naomi Vroegop

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have Christian friends? What do you do when you’re together? Watch movies? Talk about your lives? How about support each other when you’re upset and encourage each other in your faith? Everyone who knows Jesus is part of His body, the church, and He designed us to have community with one another. Thank Him for the Christian friends He’s put in your life.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Proverbs 27:17 (KJV)

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. (NLT)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
709 Unlocked 가이드 (06/04/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.06.03 31
708 Daily Devotional 가이드 (06/04/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.06.03 132
707 Unlocked 가이드 (05/28/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.24 269
706 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/28/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.24 23
705 Unlocked 가이드 (05/21/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.17 14
704 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/21/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.17 173
703 Unlocked 가이드 (05/14/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.11 23
702 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/14/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.11 116
701 Unlocked 가이드 (05/07/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.03 5
700 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/07/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.05.03 99
699 Unlocked 가이드 (04/30/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.04.28 118