** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 27, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Spilled Milk (Monday)

Read: Ephesians 4:29-32 

"Mom, remember I told you about Amanda--a new girl in my class at school? She's really nice," Erin said one evening. "In art class today, I was looking at the picture she was painting, and my brush accidentally bumped the corner of it. I was sure she'd be mad, but she wasn't. She said not to worry--that she'd paint over it with another color."

"Did that work?" asked Mom.

Erin nodded. "It covered the smudge so you couldn't even see it anymore."

As Erin ate breakfast the next morning, her little brother Trenton bumped his glass of milk. It tipped over, and before Erin could get out of the way, milk flowed down onto her lap. She was furious. "Trenton, you are so clumsy!" she yelled. "These are my brand-new jeans, and now I can't wear them. I'm sopping wet!" She jumped up to go and change. "Leave it to my dumb brother to spill his milk on everything!"

Trenton was distraught. "I'm sorry, Erin," he said. "I didn't mean to get your clothes dirty." Erin scowled and turned away.

Mom frowned. "Trenton apologized, Erin, and he's truly sorry."

"Being sorry doesn't make my jeans clean," Erin muttered as she hurried to her room to change her clothes.

When Erin returned to the kitchen, Trenton had left, and her mom looked at her solemnly. "You need to remember that we all make mistakes and need forgiveness at times," Mom said. "You owe your brother an apology." She held up a hand as Erin started to protest. "Remember what happened with Amanda's picture yesterday?"

"Oh," Erin said quietly. She had forgotten.

"Amanda covered the smudge on her picture with more paint," Mom said. "A verse in the Bible tells us what we need to cover more serious spots. It says, Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.' I know you love your brother, but it didn't show this morning, did it?" Soberly, Erin shook her head. "Jesus says we are to treat others with the kindness and love He has shown us," continued Mom. "When we remember how much He loves us and has forgiven us, we can respond to others in kindness instead of anger."

"I'll go find Trenton," said Erin, "and tell him I'm sorry." Deana L. Rogers

HOW ABOUT YOU?

How do you respond when someone makes a mistake? With kindness and understanding—or mean, angry words? Even when you love them, you don’t always respond in a kind way, do you? But think about the kindness and grace Jesus has shown you. Trust Him to fill you with His love for others and to help you respond to them in kindness instead of anger.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Proverbs 10:12 (KJV)

Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 24, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Best Artist (Tuesday)

Read: Psalm 107:21-24, 31 

"Look at that funny monkey!" Sophia giggled as she pointed toward a little monkey who was making faces at his reflection in a mirror. Sophia and her brother, Sam, were spending the day at the zoo with their Uncle Steve.

"It was fun to see all the different animals, but the peacocks were my favorite," Sophia said when they returned home. She tugged on Uncle Steve's arm. "Draw them for us!"

Taking a pencil and paper, Uncle Steve, who was an artist, drew pictures of the peacocks they had seen. "I'll draw some other animals for you," he said.

Sophia and Sam sat close beside him and watched. Each wanted to be first to guess what animal their uncle was drawing. "I know what that is!" exclaimed Sophia after a minute. "It's a bear."

"Right," said Uncle Steve. "How about this?" He began another sketch.

"A giraffe!" exclaimed Sam. He grinned. "You're good, Uncle Steve. It's easy to tell what you're drawing."

"Yeah," chimed in Sophia, "all your pictures are so cool. I think you're the best artist in the world!"

Uncle Steve laughed. "Thanks, but you know, if it weren't for the greatest artist of all, I wouldn't have anything to draw."

"What do you mean?" Sophia asked.

Uncle Steve motioned toward the living room window. "Look out that big window," he said. "It's called a picture window, and I think that's a good name for it. What do you see?"

"Lots of things!" answered Sophia. "There's the apple tree, the flower garden, and there's a robin in the birdbath!"

"And there goes Mr. Turner's dog running across the lawn," added Sam.

"And who made that big picture?" asked Uncle Steve.

"God did," said Sam. "He's the artist you were talking about, isn't He?"

Uncle Steve nodded. "I love to look at God's pictures. He created so many things, and each one is just the right color, just the right shape, and just the right size. Whenever I see His beautiful creation, it reminds me of how awesome He is and how much He loves us. He's the greatest artist, and His pictures are the very best!"

Sophia laughed. "Okay," she said. "Then you're the second best, Uncle Steve!" Deana L. Rogers

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you ever thought of God as an artist? Have you noticed how creative He is? He made cold white snow and warm summer sunshine. He made oceans wet and deserts dry. Kittens are soft, and porcupines are all prickly! And aren’t you glad He didn’t leave everything in black and white? He created everything there is as a picture of His great glory and His love for us.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 19:1 (KJV)

The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament[a] shows His handiwork. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 25, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Tiny Light (Wednesday)

Read: Matthew 5:13-16 

"Mom!" Jaden yelled as he entered the house.

"I'm in the laundry room," called Mom.

Jaden went to tell Mom the exciting news. "Kalil's family invited me to go with them to Mammoth Cave next Friday. Can I? Please?" Jaden's family had recently moved to Kentucky, and Kalil was a new friend he had met at school.

"Sounds like fun," said Mom. "I'm sure it will be fine." She smiled. "Why don't you ask Kalil if he'd like to stay here overnight next Saturday and come to church with us in the morning?"

"Well...I guess I could," said Jaden, but he wasn't so sure he wanted to. He'd heard Kalil make some unkind remarks about kids at school who went to church. Jaden sighed. If I tell Mom, she'll remind me of the verses we read this morning about letting our lights shine for Jesus so others can know His love for them, he thought. But I'm just one person. I'm not sure the little light I could give would make much of a difference.

The trip with Kalil's family was as much fun as Jaden expected. Exploring the cave was a real adventure. When the group reached a room deep in the cave, the tour guide flipped a switch and turned out all the lights in the area. "I want you to experience total darkness," she said as the cave went inky black.

"Are you there, Jaden?" whispered Kalil.

"Yeah, I'm here," Jaden whispered back.

Then the tour guide turned on a tiny flashlight, and every eye focused on it. As they stood there, Jaden was surprised at the huge difference that one little light made.

On the drive home, Jaden thought about the tiny light. I guess knowing Jesus makes me give off more light than I thought, he admitted to himself. "Kalil," he said finally, "you wanna stay overnight at my house tomorrow and go to church with us on Sunday morning? Mom said it would be fine with her."

Kalil was quiet as he thought about it. Then he grinned and nodded. "Sure," he agreed. "I'll ask my mom."

Jaden grinned back and thought, Maybe my small light will end up making a difference after all. Esther M. Bailey

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Does your light—the reflection Jesus’ love in your life—seem very small to you? Don’t forget that even a small light makes a big difference in a dark place. Trust Jesus to help you let your light shine for Him. Maybe it will be by talking to someone about Him, inviting a friend to church, or just being kind and helpful. You may be surprised at the difference your light makes.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Matthew 5:14 (KJV)

You are the light of the world. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 26, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Dirty Rag (Thursday)

Read: Isaiah 64:6; Ephesians 2:5-9

"Mom," Davy said as he scrubbed the car. "Can I ask you a question?" "I don't know, can you?" his mom responded with a teasing smile. "Mom, this is serious!" Davy cried.

"Okay, sorry," Mom said. "Fire away!"

"Jake and I were talking about heaven today, and he said he thinks the good things he's done will be enough to get him there," Davy said. "I thought only Jesus could get us into heaven. Who's right?"

Mom put down the sponge she was using to wash the car's windows. "I'm glad you asked, Davy. It's critical we understand how salvation works. The only way to be saved from sin and have eternal life is through Jesus Christ. Doing good things won't get us that. I'll explain more, but first, could you grab that rag over there by the hose?" Davy quickly retrieved the dirty ripped cloth and awaited further instructions. "Now, clean the car with it," said Mom.

"What?" Davy stared at the limp rag. "Mom, this thing is filthy! We need to use a clean rag to wash the car."

"You're absolutely right!" Mom said. "If you try to wash a dirty car with a dirty cloth, it won't be cleaned. It's the same with salvation. Our good deeds come from our human hearts, which are dirty with sin and evil. So, when we take our deeds, which are dirty, and try to cleanse ourselves, can we become clean?"

"No, we can't," Davy answered slowly.

"Now, if the story stopped there, it would be pretty hopeless. But Jesus, who never sinned, was spotless and therefore able to clean our dirty hearts by dying for our sins on the cross so we could have His goodness. That's salvation."

"Okay, I think I understand. Our own deeds can't save us, but Jesus can. But, Mom, why do we need to be clean in the first place?" Davy asked.

"Because God is holy and perfect," Mom answered. "He can't have sin in His midst, so we must be clean in order to have eternal life with Him."

"And that's why we need to trust in Jesus," Davy said. "So He can clean our sins away."

"Exactly." Mom smiled. "Now, hand me a clean rag and let's wash this car!" Natalie Crowe

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you think your good deeds will get you to heaven? They won’t. Trying to make ourselves good when our hearts are full of sin is like trying to clean something with a dirty rag—it doesn’t work. You need Jesus, the perfect Son of God, to save you. He took the punishment for your sin so you could be clean. You can only have eternal life by trusting Him. (To learn more, click the "Good News!" button in the right column of this page.)

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <August 28, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Endless Forgiveness (Friday)

Read: Matthew 18:21-22, 33

Pam sat on the couch at her grandparents' house forlornly. Her mother had dropped her off earlier while her sister and friends went to the pool.

Her grandma studied her for a moment. "So, Pam," she started. "When your mom dropped you off, she said you weren't going to the pool because something came up. Do you have homework to do?"

Pam swallowed. "No. I got into another fight with Mom," she said. "Now I can't go swimming. I got really angry and said things I shouldn't have said. I feel really bad now, and not just because I got grounded. I want to ask Mom to forgive me, but I've gotten into so many fights and asked for forgiveness so many times, I'm worried she'll get fed up with it and not forgive me." She sighed dejectedly. "I feel that way about asking God for forgiveness too."

Grandma was silent for a moment. Then she asked, "Pam, when your sister was little, she messed up a lot of your things, didn't she?"

Pam smiled a little. "Yeah. Once she scribbled all over my notebook that I won as a prize. I was so angry!"

"Did you ever get fed up with it and decide you would never forgive her again?"

Pam looked surprised. "No. I mean, sometimes I was furious, but I always forgave her eventually because I love her."

"God is a bit like that," Grandma explained. "He will always forgive us because He loves us. There's a verse in the Bible where Jesus tells us to forgive others seventy times seven times." Seeing Pam starting to calculate, she quickly added, "Now, that doesn't mean that on the 490th sin against us we say, Nope! I'm done forgiving you!' It means that we shouldn't put a limit on forgiveness. Your mom will forgive you because she loves you and because she herself has been forgiven by Jesus. And if that's what God commands us to do for others, won't He forgive us even more?"

Pam thought for a moment, fingering the couch fabric. "Yes," she finally said. "He will. I'm ready to ask Him for His endless forgiveness." Natalie Crowe

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever worry that God won’t forgive you anymore because you’ve sinned so much? Maybe you’ve committed the same sin over and over, and you feel bad about asking for forgiveness again. Don’t worry! The Bible says God will always forgive you because of the sacrifice Jesus made for you on the cross. Are you ready to ask Him for His endless forgiveness?

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 John 1:9 (KJV)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (NKJV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
669 Unlocked 가이드 (01/15/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.01.13 34
668 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/15/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.01.13 3801
667 Unlocked 가이드 (01/08/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.01.04 42
666 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/08/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.01.04 355
665 Unlocked 가이드 (01/01/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.30 1036
664 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/01/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.30 25
663 Unlocked 가이드 (12/25/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.22 110
662 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/25/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.22 113
661 Unlocked 가이드 (12/18/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.16 59
660 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/18/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.16 116
659 Unlocked 가이드 (12/11/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.12.09 39