** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 <May 12, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
That Kind of Peace
• READ: JOHN 14:27; HEBREWS 4:14-16; 1 PETER 5:7
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could push away everything stressing you out and just experience peace? Life is hard in this broken world; there’s always something to keep you up at night. Wouldn’t it be great to be free from the worry and experience true peace?
Jesus came to bring that kind of peace. Before His crucifixion, Jesus promised His peace to His disciples, a deep peace—a rest in knowing we are no longer at war with God (John 14:27; Romans 5:1). Jesus gives this true peace to all those who follow Him.
If you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have Someone on your side who not only gave His life for you but also gives you access to a special kind of peace. Peace rooted in His presence with you (Matthew 28:20). Peace rooted in the rest you have in Christ (Matthew 11:28-30). Peace rooted in His unconditional love for you, shown on the cross (John 3:16). Peace rooted in His promise to make all things new (Revelation 21:1-5). Peace in knowing you can come to Jesus with anything you’re facing (Hebrews 4:14-16).
As you wait to see Jesus face-to-face, you will still be tempted to worry. But, if you know Him, you can run to Him with your worries, resting secure in His love and promises even when you’re scared. • Emily Acker
• What keeps you up at night? Have you brought those worries to God?
• Are you feeling anxious? Worry and clinical anxiety are different issues. Clinical anxiety is a mental health issue. Worry is a non-medical issue. If you struggle with anxiety, who are people in your life you can reach out to?
• If you need someone to talk to, you can set up an appointment for a one-time complimentary phone consultation with a Christian counselor through the Focus on the Family Counseling Service. In the United States, call 1-855-771-HELP (4357) weekdays 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) to set up an appointment. In Canada, book your appointment by calling 1-800-661-9800 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) and ask to speak with the care associate.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27 (NIV)
** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 <May 13, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
• READ: PSALM 136:1-9, 23-26; MATTHEW 6:28-33
Thanks be to God for His innumerable, indescribable gifts. God is wondrous! He continually provides more than enough; He sustains us. He is good.
He gives us many gifts: The tools to sustain our material needs. The blessing of each new day. The gift of His Son (John 3:16).
He gives us His beautiful creation, a marvelously massive globe to cultivate and enjoy—His earth—and that is a wonderful gift. He gives us passions and abilities and talents—wonderful gifts we can praise Him with!
How humbling. How amazing. In Christ, we have life, breath, beauty, purpose, and fulfillment. But we only view the depth of these gifts when we shift our perspective to one of continuous gratitude for all our God has given us.
When I go out of my way to appreciate the little things—the small gems our Lord places in my path—a fresh gratitude begins to grow in my heart for the bigger things too. It is beautifully flooring to observe each tiny treasure He gives and to see every good thing as a gift from my Father. What a joy it is to know such a faithful God! • Chelsea Leigh
• What are some small things in your life that you are thankful for?
• Reread today’s Bible passages. What are other things we can thank God for?
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17 (NIV)