** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 <July 21, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
What We're Made For
• READ: PSALM 100; ROMANS 12:1-2; COLOSSIANS 3:23-24
We all wonder what our purpose is in life. We wonder why we’re here and what we’re called to do.
The good news? We don’t have to search far to find the answer, because throughout the Bible, God’s Word, we see clearly that our purpose is to worship God, our Creator. We were made to praise God, and, in Christ, we are empowered to do so through the Holy Spirit (Romans 8). Simply put, we are called to bring God glory in everything (1 Corinthians 10:31).
But what does that look like? Yes, it means praising Him at church, but it also means praising Him when you’re doing your chores, when you’re at work, when you’re playing sports, and when you’re babysitting. Even these ordinary, routine things can and do bring Him glory when we offer them as worship as we rely on the Holy Spirit.
So, worship Him with every breath you breathe when going about your day. After all, He’s the One who blessed you with each day in the first place. In Christ, our entire lives can be worship before Him.
Finally, worshiping Jesus is to walk with Him—in the everyday moments, in studying His Word, and in gathering with other Christians to worship Him together. Jesus wants us to recognize worship as our purpose. Because worship is a beautiful thing—the thing we’re made for. • Loana Nicole
• What are some practical ways you can worship the Lord today?
• The book of Psalms in the Bible is filled with worship songs to God. The psalmists talked with God about what was going on in their lives—thanking Him, praying for others, confessing their sins, sharing their hurts and questions with Him, and praising Him for who He is. All of these actions are a part of worship. Which of these things do you find the easiest to talk with God about? The hardest?
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord. Hallelujah! Psalm 150:6 (CSB)
** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 <July 16, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
• READ: EPHESIANS 2:8-10; HEBREWS 13:5-6
In today’s world, social media is huge! There are so many apps to connect us with friends, family, and maybe even a few celebrities—almost instantly.
Unfortunately, we tend to compare ourselves to what looks perfect on social media. We start thinking stuff like this:
• My friend’s life is way better than mine because they are having so much fun traveling while I’m stuck at home with piles of homework.
• If only I had [insert thing here], then I would be happy.
• If only I were doing this with so-and-so. Then, I would really be having fun.
We sometimes believe the lie that if we fill our lives up with stuff or do certain things, we’ll feel special. When our worth is in anything other than Jesus, we quickly fall into comparison.
So what’s the truth we can combat this lie with? According to Hebrews 13:5, Jesus will always be there with us—no matter how much we have, who we’re with, what we’re doing, or what’s happening around us. Our worth and identity belong in Christ, our Creator and Savior. A relationship with Him is enough to fulfill us. • Carissa Vruggink
• Have you ever seen something on social media you wanted? Why did you want it?
• If our faith is in Christ, our identity is not based on what we have or what we do. Check out John 1:12, Romans 8, Ephesians 2:8-10, and 1 Peter 2:9-10. Who are we in Christ?
• How can you remember these truths when you’re tempted to find your worth in something other than Jesus?
Be free from the love of money, content with such things as you have, for he [God] has said, “I will in no way leave you, neither will I in any way forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5 (WEB)