** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 < September 10, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
• Bethany Acker • John 1:5, Isaiah 40:26–31
I can’t. But God can.
I am weak. But God is strong.
I am afraid. But He can make me brave.
I can’t do it alone. But I don’t have to be alone.
In my darkness, God is my light.
In my pain, He gives healing.
I love the verse in Isaiah that says if we hope in the Lord, we will soar on wings like eagles. We will not grow weary or be faint. God will give us strength.
Sometimes, we need to be weak so that we can see God’s strength. Sometimes, we need to fall down so that we can remember how good it feels to be lifted and held by Him. I can’t do all the things I want to do. In many ways, I don’t have the ability to change my circumstances or make my life turn out how I want. I don’t have the strength to do big things. Not on my own.
I can’t do a lot of things. But God can. When I feel weak, He invites me to turn to Him. When I feel alone, His Holy Spirit reminds me that I am never alone. Jesus came to be Immanuel, which means “God with us” (Matthew 1:23), and He died and rose again so that everyone who puts their trust in Him could become part of God’s family—including me. My God is always with me, looking out for me, giving me healing, and being the light in my darkest moments. I can’t, but God can do all things. • Bethany Acker
• Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the things you can’t do? How can times of weakness help us grow closer to God? (Take a look at 2 Corinthians 12:9.)
• Sometimes, life feels like it’s just too much. Yet, through Jesus, God gives us comfort and the strength to do what He calls us to do. One of the ways God helps us is through Christian community. Who are trusted Christians in your life who you can be honest with when you are struggling?
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31)
** Unlocked은 Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 Unlocked.org로 들어가시면 < September 13, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 수 있습니다.**
Words that Speak Life
• Daniel Dore • Isaiah 43:1–5
Have you ever heard such wonderful phrases as these?
"You are precious to me."
"I love you."
"I am with you."
"Do not fear."
Do you know anyone who would speak so tenderly to you? This is how the God of heaven speaks over His people. And even more. He says:
"I have created you."
"I have redeemed you."
"I have called you by name."
"You are mine."
"I will be with you."
"I am the Lord your God."
All these affirming, loving statements come from the same passage in the Bible, Isaiah 43. Can you dare to believe that God cares for you this much?
To let these words sink in, you might try reading these verses again for yourself. If you’re ready, you can thank God for each phrase. You don’t have to read everything word-for-word; you can make it personal. If you’d like a guide, try praying this way:
"Thank you, God, that I am yours. Thank you that I am precious to you. Thank you for loving me and being with me. You created me, redeemed me, and called me by name. Thank you for your promise to be with me, calming all my fears. Thank you, O Lord my God!" • Daniel Dore
• When you feel lonely, abandoned, hurt...how could the words in today’s reading, spoken by God Himself, give you comfort?
• Do you know anyone who needs to hear such life-giving words? Which one of the truths from Isaiah 43:1-5 could you share today?
But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1 (NIV)