** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Dec 01, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Decorating the Tree (Monday)

Read: Titus 2:10-14; John 14:6

Ezra, Clark, and Genevieve sat in the living room with their parents, holding small boxes in their hands.

It was their family's yearly tradition to go to a special Christmas ornament store where each person would pick out one ornament to put on their family Christmas tree.

Ezra, the youngest, had chosen a blue ornament with his name on it. Clark, who was interested in all things at sea, had picked out an ornament that looked like a ship. Genevieve had chosen one that looked like a nativity scene and was made with wood from Bethlehem, the city where Jesus was born. Mom had found an ornament that was in the shape of a giraffe, her favorite animal. And since Dad played the saxophone, he had brought home an ornament featuring a picture of the instrument.

After they had all placed their new ornaments on the branches, the family stood back to admire their tree. Mom smiled. "You know, I can't help but see the way our unique personalities--the way God made each of us--come through in what we picked to decorate the tree."

Dad spoke softly. "'That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.'"

"What?" asked Ezra.

"It's our memory verse right now," explained Genevieve. "Adorn means decorate, right?"

"Exactly," said Mom. "We're told to decorate God's doctrine--the truth of the good news of Jesus--with all we do. That's a lot like us decorating the Christmas tree. Just like each of our ornaments is different but decorates the same tree, each Christian has different talents, interests, and life circumstances, but we all represent the same truth--that Jesus loves us and died to save us from our sin."

Dad nodded. "The Christmas tree, like God's truth, is beautiful on its own, but God calls us to decorate His truth to help others see just how beautiful it is. In fact, just like ornaments, God uses us as part of the beauty of His good news. When we share what Jesus has done for us and use our gifts, personalities, and actions to express our love for Him and for others, we bring out the beauty of His love and grace." Kandi Zeller

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Did you know that your life is an ornament that decorates God’s message of hope in Jesus? In today’s passage, Paul speaks about all kinds of Christians—each with unique circumstances and abilities. God has also given you these things. If you know Jesus, you can show others you love Him by using those gifts in godly ways. When you look at your Christmas tree, think about how you can point others to the beauty of Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Titus 2:10 (KJV)

That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Nov 30, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Surprise Ride (Tuesday)

Read: Psalm 32:7-8; 56:3-4 

As Mom adjusted the rearview mirror, she caught a glimpse of Braden's worried face. "Is everything all right?" she asked.

"I'm afraid to go to the dentist, Mom," Braden moaned. "It's making my stomach hurt."

"I'm sorry, honey," said Mom. "You always liked Dr. Kent, and I'm sure you'll like Dr. Johar too. But I understand going someplace new can be scary. There have been times I've had butterflies in my stomach too."

"Butterflies?" Braden asked. "It feels more like a herd of elephants!"

Mom laughed. "Or a whole zoo? Like all the animals we saw when Dad took us on one of his surprise rides and we ended up at the zoo last week?"

Braden smiled as he thought of the trip to the city zoo. "Dad likes to surprise us, doesn't he?"

"He sure does, and neither one of us had a clue where he was taking us," said Mom. "Were you afraid?"

"Of course not!" Braden replied. "I trust Dad. He always takes us on the best surprise rides!"

"Yes--and what if I told you this trip to the dentist is like one of the surprise rides Dad takes us on?" Mom asked. "Think of Jesus as our driver, and just like you had to trust Dad, you need to trust Jesus."

"But Dad always takes us to fun places," said Braden. "Going to the dentist isn't fun."

"Not all the places Dad takes us are fun at first," said Mom, "but they're good places to go. Like the time he took us to the nursing home."

"Yeah, I was a little nervous at first," Braden said. "But I enjoyed meeting and talking with some of the people who lived there."

Mom nodded. "With God, we don't know what's going to happen either, but we need to trust Him. His plan is perfect, even when things are difficult or scary, and Jesus promises to always be with us. A verse I think of when I'm afraid is Psalm 56:3: Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.'" Mom winked at Braden. "So, what do you say we leave those elephants in the zoo and go to Jesus right now?"

"Okay," said Braden. "I'll ask Him to help me remember He's with me." Tammy Lash

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Has God taken you on a surprise ride lately? Did you have to go to a new place? Meet new people? Were you afraid? You don’t need to be. Jesus doesn’t want you to be afraid; He wants you to trust Him. Jesus loves you and wants only the best for you. So sit back and enjoy the surprise rides God has planned for you. They’re always good for you—and you just might enjoy them too!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 56:3 (KJV)

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < Dec 02, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Prized Antique (Wednesday)

Read: Leviticus 19:32; Proverbs 16:31; 20:29; Isaiah 46:4

The floor squeaked beneath Mia's feet as she and her mom walked into the antique store. The air had a heavy smell to it, and the shelves around Mia held all sorts of interesting things--old bottles and jars, antique oil lamps, dishes, and cooking utensils. While her mother looked at knickknacks, Mia walked over to get a closer look at some dolls.

Several of the dolls looked really old. One had tin eyes that were scratched, the paint on its wooden body was peeling, part of its hair was gone, and it wore tattered clothes. Mia looked at the card tied to the doll's arm and gasped when she saw the price. "I can't believe anyone would pay so much for this beat-up doll," she said quietly to herself.

A woman standing nearby heard her comment. "That doll doesn't look like the dolls you probably have at home," she said, "but it's very old, and that makes it valuable to a doll collector." Mia nodded and moved on.

On the way home, Mia told her mother about the dolls. "They were really, really old!" she said.

"Maybe they once belonged to some of the ladies we see when we visit the nursing home," said Mom.

"I think they were even older than that," Mia replied. "They looked worn out, but the woman there said the dolls are valuable because they're so old."

"That's interesting," said Mom. "It's important to remember that elderly people have great value too. Many of the people we know at the nursing home are feeling worn out, but they're still special and precious."

Mia smiled. "Like Mrs. Murphy? She tells the best stories."

"And I especially value her prayers for our family," said Mom. "Those people are very valuable to God too. Jesus cares deeply about people who feel forgotten or no longer useful. He promises to be with His children their whole lives and to take care of them in their old age. His Word reminds us that we need to honor our elders by showing them kindness and respect."

Mia nodded. "I better take good care of my dolls too," she said. "Then maybe they'll be really valuable someday--but not as valuable as people, of course." Wanda E. Brunstetter

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you see value and worth in elderly people? They are more valuable than any prized antique. Jesus loves them just as much as He loves you, and He wants you to honor and respect them. Listen to them and learn from the experiences and wisdom God has given them. Remember that He cares for them in their old age, and He’ll do the same for you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Isaiah 46:4 (KJV)

I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < Dec 04, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Don’t Touch (Thursday)

Read: Romans 12:1-2; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 

(Editor's note: Providing Christian training on this story's subject matter is important. However, it may not be suitable for very young children.)

Princess purred loudly as her four tiny kittens nestled beside her. But when Gabriella leaned over the box, Princess hissed and swatted the air. Gabriella jumped back. "I just want to pet your babies, Princess. What's wrong with that?" Of course, Princess didn't answer with words, but her look said, "Don't try that again!" And when Gabriella checked on the kittens later, they were gone. Princess had moved them.

"Hi, Princess," said Gabriella when she found the kittens in the linen closet. "You have such a nice family. Can I hold one?" As she reached for a kitten, Princess hissed and swatted at Gabriella again. "Princess, I'm your friend! I won't hurt them." But Princess glared at Gabriella until she went away.

It happened again--Princess moved the kittens. "What's wrong with her?" Gabriella asked her mother. "I only want to pet them, but she won't let me."

"Princess is just being a good mother. She's protective of her kittens because she knows they're fragile and weak." Mom sat down next to Gabriella. "Honey, this reminds me of something I want to talk to you about. Princess has a responsibility to protect her kittens, so she won't let anyone touch them. You have a special responsibility too--that of protecting your body."

Puzzled, Gabriella looked at her mother. "Are you saying I shouldn't let anyone touch me, like Princess won't let me touch her kittens?"

"No, I'm not saying that," said Mom. "There's nothing wrong with a hug or a kiss on the cheek to show affection to loved ones. But if someone tries to hug or kiss you when you don't feel comfortable with it, or if they try to touch you in a way that doesn't feel right, that's not okay. If anyone--anyone at all--ever tries to touch your body in a way that makes you uncomfortable, tell them to stop. Then tell me, your dad, or another adult you trust so we can help make sure it never happens again. God created your body, and since you know Jesus, His Spirit lives inside you. No one has a right to touch you in a way that feels wrong."

"Okay, Mom," Gabriella said. "And since Princess isn't comfortable with me holding her kittens, I'll leave them alone." Jan L. Hansen

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you protecting your body? If someone touches you in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, tell them to stop immediately. Then tell one of your parents or some other trusted adult. They will help you handle the situation. God created your body, and no one has a right to touch you in a way you don’t want them to. If they do, it’s not your fault, but it’s important to put a stop to it and get help.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Corinthians 6:20 (KJV)

You were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < Dec 06, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Little at a Time (Friday)

Read: Ephesians 4:22-24 

With a whittling knife in one hand and a block of wood in the other, Michael sat on the back porch and intently studied the wood he held. He looked at it from all angles and then started carving. After he worked for quite a long time, the shape of a deer began to emerge from what had been a plain block of wood.

"What are you working on?" asked Grandpa, who had come out of the house to join him.

Michael held out the block of wood for his grandfather to inspect. Grandpa turned it over and over. "You're doing a good job," he said. "Before you know it, the deer that's in your mind is what you'll be holding in your hands."

"I guess so," said Michael, "if I don't make a mistake and goof it up. I really like carving, but I wish it didn't take so long. A little chip off here, another off there. It seems to take forever." Michael grinned. "Maybe I should carve bigger stuff--like the guy we saw at the fair last year. He used a chain saw to carve a bear out of a stump, remember?" Michael sighed as he looked at his deer again. "When it takes so long, I almost feel like quitting."

"Oh, I hope you won't quit," said Grandpa. "I know it's a slow process, but the only way to get it right is to chip off just a little at a time." He smiled and handed the deer back to Michael. "Aren't you glad God doesn't quit chipping away when He's working on us?"

"What do you mean, Grandpa?" asked Michael.

"Just like you see a deer in that block of wood, God sees in us the people He wants us to become," Grandpa explained. "Little by little, He chips away at our sinful habits so we act more like Jesus. I guess you could say He's carving our lives, changing our thoughts and behavior a little at a time."

"Like this deer, our lives are only partly finished, aren't they?" said Michael thoughtfully.

Grandpa nodded. "Yes. He's shaping us into who He wants us to be--people who obey Him and display His love in our lives. He isn't finished with us yet!" Christine P. Honey

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are there bad habits or attitudes in your life that need to be chipped away? Today’s Bible reading talks about taking off your old way of life and putting on your new self—the person whose heart has been changed by Jesus. That means leaving your selfish ways behind and living a life of love and obedience to God. It doesn’t happen all at once, but as you allow Him to work in your life, He will shape you to be more like Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Philippians 1:6 (KJV)

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. (NLT)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
689 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/25/20) 수요일 file adminkms 2020.01.22 6073
688 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/08/20) 목요일 file adminkms 2020.02.06 5940
687 Daily Devotional 가이드 (8/31/19) 금요일 file adminkms 2019.08.28 5880
686 Unlocked 가이드 (08/22/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.08.19 5776
685 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/09/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.11.06 5712
684 Daily Devotional 가이드 (5/4/19) 화요일 file adminkms 2019.05.09 5647
683 Unlocked 가이드 (05/29/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.05.27 5625
682 Daily Devotional 가이드 (10/26/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.10.24 5623
681 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/07/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.06 5591
680 Unlocked 가이드 (06/05/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.06.03 5580
679 Daily Devotional 가이드 (9/21/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.09.18 5568