** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <November 29, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Jesus Is Enough (Monday)

Read: John 6:1-14; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 

Jessie rolled her wheelchair to the bedroom mirror and stared at her reflection. I can't do anything, she thought as tears filled her eyes. I'm not enough.

Mom peeked inside her room. "Jessie, I'm going to the store and could use your help--oh, honey!" Mom rushed over. "Why are you crying?"

"Since the accident, I can't do what other kids can. I know, Jesus loves and accepts me--even if I have nothing to offer." Jessie wiped her tears. "But sometimes it's hard. How can I help at the store? I can't even push a shopping cart."

Mom sat on Jessie's bed. "When I was in school, we learned about a girl who didn't think she could do much either. Her name was Helen Keller. When she was just a baby, she had a sickness that caused her to become blind and deaf. Amazingly, she learned how to write and speak. She eventually became the first blind and deaf person to earn a college degree and published several books in her lifetime."

"Wow," Jessie said. "That's incredible!"

Mom nodded. "She didn't let her inabilities stop her, and she inspired many others."

Jessie thought about that. "Maybe I shouldn't focus on what I can't do but pray about what I can do with God's help."

"Jesus helps us do great things--even with the little we have," Mom said. "But remember that it's not anything we do that gives us our worth--it's God's love for us. He created us in His own image, and Jesus died and rose again to save us from sin. We're enough because we belong to Him. And He uses our weaknesses to do things we never could do on our own. That way He gets the glory, or the credit, as He should." Mom smiled as Jessie wheeled closer. "Remember how Jesus fed thousands of people with one boy's ‘not enough' lunch?" Jessie nodded. "I remember that story."

"Jesus did a huge miracle with a small lunch," Mom said. "And He does the same with us. Jesus is enough, which makes us enough."

"I'll remember I'm always enough because of Him." Jessie smiled at her mom. "Let's go to the store. I'd like to help!" -Matt Shoemaker

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever feel like you’re not enough? If you know Jesus, He makes you enough. And He can take the little you have and do amazing things with it. No matter what your situation is, He will use your life to bring His goodness and love to more people. Whenever you feel inadequate, go to Him. Remember that you’re always enough because He loves you.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 2 Corinthians 12:9 (KJV)

[Jesus] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < November 30, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Love Like Jesus (Tuesday)

Read: Romans 15:1-7 

The family car swung from the curb after dropping off Mrs. Shrively. As the old woman climbed the porch steps, little Sadie waved to her.

"Whew!" said Hannah. "I'm glad Mrs. Shrively's gone. I wish we didn't have to give her a ride to church all the time. She drives me crazy."

"Yeah," echoed her brother, Ayden. "Her laugh is annoying."

Hannah agreed. "Her hair sure looks funny--and her dresses…" Hannah giggled. "They're as big as tents!"

"Kids!" Mom frowned into the rearview mirror. "You both know better than to talk like that--especially about a fellow Christian. Mrs. Shrively loves the Lord and is an active member of our church."

"But she bosses me around all the time," said Ayden. "And then she quotes Scripture to back up what she says. I wish she'd just leave me alone."

"I like her," declared Sadie.

"Mrs. Shrively embarrasses me in front of my friends," complained Hannah. "She acts like I'm her special friend."

"Did you know that God loves her?" Dad asked.

Hannah shrugged. "Sure. He loves everybody."

"In fact," said Mom, "God loves her just as much as He loves you kids and Dad and me--and everyone else in the whole world."

Dad nodded. "God loves Mrs. Shrively so much that He gave the very best heaven had to offer--Jesus, His only Son--to take the punishment for her sin."

As Hannah and Ayden sat silently thinking, Mom spoke. "Since God loves her that much, do you think you ought to criticize her like you do?"

"No," Hannah admitted with a sigh. "I'll just…I'll just not say anything about her."

Ayden nodded. "Me neither."

"I think we can do better than that," said Mom. "Since we've been changed by the love of Jesus, we can show that same love to others. And He doesn't ignore Mrs. Shrively or put up with her--He delights in her! I'm sure He'll help all of us find at least one good thing to say about her each week."

"I know something already," said Sadie. "She helped me put my coat on."

Dad winked at her. "That's the spirit. Let's all trust Jesus to help us replace a bad habit of criticizing others with His love."

-Rose Goble

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Is there someone you really have trouble liking—someone who just bugs you? Whenever you’re tempted to be critical or unkind, remember that God made that person and loves them just as much as He loves you. He sent His Son, Jesus, to die for their sins just like He died for yours. And if you trust in Jesus, He gives you the ability to show others His love. Trust Him to help you love others like He does.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 15:7 (KJV)

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < December 03, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

God’s Gift (Wednesday)

Read: 1 John 5:10-12 

"What's on your Christmas list?" Mia asked her brother.

Elijah looked up from the paper he was writing on. "A new bike helmet, a skateboard, knee pads, a space station building set, and a remote-controlled car." He tapped his pencil on the table. "I might add a new board game. What did you write?"

"I want a phone and a phone case, string lights for my room, a jewelry box, and some owl earrings." Mia held up her list written on pink paper with a silver gel pen.

The next day, Mia and her brother visited their grandmother at her home across town. Grandma had lived there for forty years, the last two by herself after Grandpa had died.

"What do you want for Christmas, Grandma?" asked Mia. "We're shopping for gifts tomorrow."

"You sure could use a new recliner," said Elijah. "That one looks pretty old!"

"Or a new pillow for behind your back," added Mia.

Grandma laughed. "But these old things are comfortable. They know my shape."

"Well, tell us what you do want," said Mia. "Write a Christmas wish list like we did!"

Grandma smiled from her worn leather chair. "Goodness, Mia! I've already been given the only gift worth having."

"What do you mean?" Elijah asked.

"One of my favorite Bible verses, John 3:16, talks about it." Grandma held on to Elijah's and Mia's hands as she recited the verse. "‘For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.' Now, what better gift can you receive than living forever with God?"

"Who gets that gift?" Mia wanted to know.

Grandma squeezed her hand. "God offers the gift of eternal life to everyone! All you have to do is accept it--kind of like how you'd accept a present someone gave you by unwrapping it."

"How do you accept God's gift?" asked Elijah.

"By believing in God's Son, Jesus, who died for our sins--the wrong things we do--then rose again to be our King forever. When you trust Jesus to save you from sin, He gives you eternal life with Him."

Mia thought about her pink paper back home. "I guess that tops anything on my Christmas list!"

-Bonnie Carr

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have a Christmas wish list? What kinds of things are on it? It’s fun to think of gifts you’d like to receive for Christmas, but remember that any gift you find under the tree will eventually break or wear out. There’s only one gift that lasts forever—God’s gift of eternal life. Have you accepted that gift? If not, trust in Jesus today! (To learn more, click the “Good News!” button in the right column.)

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 John 5:11 (KJV)

God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < December 04, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Clean Slate (Thursday)

Read: Psalm 32:1-5 

"Look what I got at Avani's birthday party, Axel!" Olivia took a magic slate out of a mesh bag and began scribbling on it as they drove home. "Now watch," she said as she lifted the top plastic sheet. "Look! The writing is all gone." As Olivia talked, her older brother simply stared out the window.

"Is something wrong, Axel?" asked Mom.

"No." Axel lapsed into silence again.

Now you've told another lie, his conscience said. That makes two.

Axel sighed deeply. It doesn't matter. It was such a little lie, he argued with his conscience--but he couldn't win the argument.

"I…I told Dad a lie yesterday," Axel blurted out. "I'm the one who dented his car. I hit it with my bat when Jason and I were batting in the yard. I said Jason did it."

Mom was silent for a moment. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said softly. "What are you going to do about it?"

Olivia was busy with her magic slate and wasn't paying any attention to the conversation. "Look what I did!" she said. "I put a cat's tail on a rabbit!" She giggled. "Oops! I'll erase it and start over." Again she lifted the top plastic sheet, and like magic, her picture of the rabbit with a long tail disappeared.

Mom smiled and spoke to Axel again. "We've all sinned, and that's something like drawing the wrong thing on a magic slate. When we trust Jesus as our Savior, He erases all our sin. But when we do something wrong, it can seem to us as though our slates--our hearts--are no longer clean. It gets in the way of us enjoying our relationship with God, and sometimes with other people--in this case, your dad. Tell both Dad and the Lord what you told me. Let them know you're sorry, and thank Jesus for making the slate clean."

"Okay," said Axel with a sigh. "But Dad warned me about lying. I'm sure he won't just say it's all okay."

"No, but he'll forgive you, and you'll have a clear conscience," said Mom. "Accept the discipline he gives and learn from it."

Olivia smoothed the plastic sheet. "This time I'm going to do it right."

"Me too, Olivia," said Axel. "Me too."

-Barbara J. Westberg

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you told a lie? Cheated? Made fun of someone? Disobeyed? Confess that sin to Jesus, and He’ll forgive you. Thank Him for a clean slate—a clean heart—and for His Holy Spirit, who convicts your conscience when you do wrong. If what you did affects someone else, tell that person you’re sorry too. Thank God that fellowship with Him and with others is restored when you confess your sin and ask for forgiveness.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 32:5 (KJV)

I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt…And you forgave me! (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < December 05, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Something to Practice (Friday)

Read: Jeremiah 1:8-9; James 1:2-6 

"Can I stay home tomorrow?" Prisha asked her mom, setting her backpack on the floor.

Mom looked surprised. "Why? Do you feel sick?"

"No, but I…I have a problem, and if I don't go to school, I won't have to worry about it." Mom waited, so Prisha went on to explain. "Rowan wants me to let her see my answers on our math test tomorrow. Of course, I won't do it, but I don't want her to be mad at me."

Mom raised her brows. "So if you stay home tomorrow, you won't have to face the unpleasantness of telling her that you believe cheating is wrong?" Prisha nodded, looking hopeful. Just then, Shyla awoke from her nap and began to cry. "Would you go get your sister, please?" said Mom.

Prisha hurried to the baby's room and lifted her from the crib. Shyla stopped crying and wriggled, trying to get down. "Are you ready to practice walking again, Shyla?" asked Prisha as she returned to the kitchen. She bent to set the baby down on the floor.

"Don't put her down," said Mom. "She might fall and get hurt." Prisha gave Mom a puzzled look, and Mom shrugged. "She'll walk when she's older."

Prisha frowned. "But, Mom! Shyla won't learn to walk if she doesn't practice."

"That's true," Mom replied. "You can see that Shyla needs to practice walking, and I'm hoping you'll see that you need to practice something too. You need to practice speaking up about what you believe."

"You…you mean I should tell Rowan it's wrong to copy. It's cheating," Prisha murmured. "But what if I say the wrong thing and make her mad?"

"Ask Jesus for help--He'll give it," said Mom. "He's with you all the time and will help you do the right thing and let others know where you stand. Rowan might not like it, but that will give you an opportunity to tell her that you don't want to do wrong things because Jesus has saved you from sin. You can practice depending on Him to help you." She gave Prisha a hug. "Why not call Rowan right now and let her know you won't help her cheat but you'll help her study?"

Prisha hesitated. "Okay. I'll do that."

-Karen E. Cogan

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you stand up for what you believe? Or if a friend or classmate wants you to do something you know is wrong, do you just go along with it? When you feel pressured to do something that’s wrong, ask Jesus for wisdom and courage to let others know that you trust and obey Him. He is always with you and will help you when you face tough situations. Trust Him to help you stand up for what you believe.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: James 1:5 (KJV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. (NIV)