** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 16, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Look at the Heart (Monday)

Read: Psalm 51:1-12; Jeremiah 17:5-10 

"Wow, I never knew all this stuff before!" Angel said as he and his friend Evan scrolled through a web page.

"What stuff?" asked his sister Adriana, who was doing her homework.

"Evan and I have to find facts about the heart and then report to the class," Angel replied. "It's amazing how our bodies are made!"

"What did you learn?" asked Mom.

"Well, it says here that if all our blood vessels were laid end to end, even a kid's would stretch over 60,000 miles. An adult's would be closer to 100,000 miles!"

"Yeah, and it says that in just twenty-four hours, the heart pumps thousands of quarts of blood," said Evan. "It makes the blood circulate through our bodies a couple thousand times a day."

"Wow!" said Adriana. "The heart is pretty small to do all that, isn't it?"

"Yep. It's only about as big as a fist," said Angel, writing the facts on his paper.

"That is really amazing," said Mom. "You know, the Bible talks a lot about our hearts too--but it's referring to our thoughts, attitudes, values, and emotions, not the actual organ in our bodies."

"A verse I learned at church says our hearts are deceitful and wicked," Adriana said.

"That's because we're all born with a sinful nature," Mom explained. "The good news is that when we trust Jesus to save us from sin, God gives us a new, clean heart."

The kids nodded. They had heard about the need for a new heart as long as they could remember, and all three trusted in Jesus. "But we still sin sometimes even though we're Christians," said Evan. "When we confess our wrongs to Jesus, He forgives us."

"Yeah. What God does for our spiritual hearts is even more amazing than all the cool stuff he created the physical heart to do," said Angel. "I wish we could do a report on that."

"You can do something better than a report," Mom said. "You can display your new heart in the way you treat others. When your words and actions show the kids at school the love of Jesus, they can see the amazing new heart He's given you." (Linda Weddle)

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have a new, clean heart? Thank God for the amazing physical heart that’s in your body, but what about your thoughts, attitudes, and values—the person you are? God says the human heart—our inner being—is wicked by nature. He sent His Son, Jesus, to take the punishment for our sin so we could be forgiven and made clean. Trust in Him and receive a new heart today! (To learn more, click the "Good News!" button in the right column of this page.)

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 51:10 (KJV)

Create in me a clean heart, O God. (NKJV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 13, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Big or Small (Tuesday)

Read: Matthew 7:1-5; 1 John 1:7-9 

"Have you finished cleaning your room already?" asked Mom as Kennedy joined her outside. Kennedy nodded but avoided her mother's eyes. She had not cleaned her room at all, but she intended to get it done before Mom checked later.

Kennedy waved at a neighbor girl. "You know, Mom, it seems like Sara is always doing something wrong. She cheats sometimes when we play games, and she tells the biggest lies!"

"That's too bad," said Mom, "but you sin sometimes too. Right?"

"Well...yeah." Kennedy remembered the lie she had just told--but it seemed like such a little one. Besides, I didn't really lie, she thought. I just nodded. "But the stuff I do isn't half as bad as what Sara does," Kennedy said as her little sister, Ellie, came out of the house.

"Mommy," Ellie called,"can I--" Her question ended in a wail as she fell. Mom and Kennedy hurried to help her. "My foot hurts," said Ellie with a sob. Upon investigating, they discovered that with bare feet, Ellie had stepped on a sharp, little rock.

After caring for Ellie, Mom turned to Kennedy. "You compared yourself to Sara, but don't think your sins are less important in God's eyes than hers are. The Bible says if we break just one small part of God's law, we're as guilty as we'd be if we broke every part."

"How can that be?" asked Kennedy. "I don't get it."

Mom held out the rock Ellie had stepped on. "This is small, but it hurt your sister and caused her to fall--same as if it had been a bigger rock she stumbled over. It's something like that with sin. In God's sight, there are no big or small sins. It's all just plain sin."

Kennedy frowned. "So I might as well do the things Sara does because it's all the same to God anyway?"

"No, but instead of pointing a finger at others, we need to confess our own sins to Jesus. Our sin has caused each one of us to stumble and fall, but Jesus picks us back up. He forgives us."

Kennedy was quiet for a moment. "I didn't really clean my room," she said. "I'm sorry. I'll do it now." She looked at her mom. "And I'll think twice before saying I'm better than somebody else." (Deborah S. Marett)

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you think of sins as either big or little? God doesn’t. To Him, sin is simply sin, and all sin is detestable to Him. That’s why He sent His Son, Jesus, to save us from it—so we could be forgiven. None of us has any right to think we’re better than someone else. Instead of being critical of others, look for sins in your own life. Then confess them to Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: James 2:10 (KJV)

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.(NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 14, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Transformation (Wednesday)

Read: Psalm 139:2-10

Daily Devotional for April 14, 2021Read: Psalm 37:1-6  using  KJVNKJVNIVERV

Bible version changes do not affect the Key audio or "Today's Key Verse," below.

Powered by Keys for Kids Radio

"Oh no." Imogen's shoulders slumped as she and Mom walked around the apartment. "Is this really where we're going to live? It's tiny compared to our old house."

"I know." Mom's eyes glistened with tears. "But we can't afford to live in a house like our old one without Dad, and we can't live at Gran's forever. She needs her own space too."

Imogen's face flushed scarlet. "I--I'm sorry, Mom. I'm angry at Dad for leaving, but I still miss him and our old life. I expected our new home to be bigger and brighter than this."

"Trust me. It has potential," Mom said, locking the door behind them. "We will survive this, even though it's hard for us both. Let's be thankful we have somewhere to live and do our best to make it feel like home."

In her spare time after work, Mom made curtains and picked out colorful paints and plants. Imogen did what she could to help, determined to make the best of their situation and cheer her mother up.

A few weeks later, Imogen spent the weekend with her grandma so Mom could paint and decorate the apartment. When Imogen and Gran stepped inside on Sunday, they were astonished. Imogen couldn't believe the transformation. The rooms were brightly colored with freshly painted walls and vivid curtains. The plants in the rooms and on the balcony made it feel welcoming and cozy.

"Now, I know it hasn't been easy with all these changes, but what do you think?" asked Mom.

Imogen was speechless. This was far better than she'd imagined. "Mom, it's wonderful!"

As they sat down for a piece of Gran's delicious homemade cherry pie, Gran said, "You know, this home reminds me of how Jesus works in our lives to transform us. We might worry we don't have much to offer Him or feel nervous about the future, but Jesus shapes our lives and gives us strength in difficult times. Just like this apartment, He transforms us into something beautiful."

Imogen's eyes lit up. "We trusted Mom with this apartment, and now we have to trust God to help us through our problems. Jesus will guide us all through this."

Mom nodded. "That's right." (Cindy Lee)

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you going through a hard time? Do you worry over how the situation will be resolved? A new location, a family separation, or a change in household income can be scary and upsetting, but remember that Jesus cares for you. He’s given us His Spirit to help us through daily challenges, and He uses them to transform us. Trust Him to guide you and give you strength.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 37:5 (KJV)

Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 17, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

In Their Shoes (Thursday)

Read: Colossians 3:12-15; Hebrews 2:17-18

"Hi, Kaylee!" said Lori when Kaylee came to work on a school project and then spend the night. Lori pointed to her friend's feet. ""Look, Mom! Kaylee's new shoes are exactly like mine! Cool!"

The next morning, the girls had to hurry to catch the school bus. "Can I stop at Kaylee's house after school, Mom?" Lori asked. Mom nodded and waved as they left.

When Lori came home that afternoon, she plopped down on the couch. "I'm glad to be home," she declared. "Kaylee's dad wasn't in a very good mood. Her little brother was annoying--she says he's always getting into her stuff. And Kaylee's mom was at work and had left a whole list of chores for her to do." Lori grunted as she took off her shoes. "Besides, my feet hurt. These new shoes rubbed a blister on my heel."

"Maybe they just need to be broken in," said Mom, looking at the label in the shoe. "This is size five and a half! You should have a six. You girls must have worn each other's shoes."

"No wonder my feet hurt!" said Lori. She laughed. "It's like that old proverb that says you should never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. I guess Kaylee and I walked at least that far in each other's shoes today."

Mom smiled. "Yes, you did that literally, and spending time at someone's house is also kind of like walking in that person's shoes. So what did you learn from walking in Kaylee's shoes?"

Lori hesitated. "I've been to her house before, but I never knew what Kaylee has to put up with sometimes," she said at last.

"We're often not aware of problems other people are facing," Mom replied. "That's one reason we should pray for others instead of criticizing them."

"Because God knows what they're going through, right?"

Mom nodded. "Jesus understands our struggles because He's walked in our shoes--He became human and experienced suffering Himself. We need to show others grace like He does."

"I'll pray that things get better for Kaylee," Lori said. "But right now I'm going to call her and see how she liked walking in my shoes. At least the ones she wore were big enough for her!" (Barbara J. Westberg)

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you quick to criticize others? Maybe you need to walk in their shoes for a while and think about what it would be like to live in their circumstances. Perhaps you’ll learn that they are hurting, and you may have an opportunity to encourage them to talk to Jesus about their troubles. He understands what they’re going through. Don’t judge and criticize them; pray for them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Hebrews 2:18 (KJV)

Because Jesus was tempted as we are and suffered as we do, He understands us and He is able to help us when we are tempted. (NLV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <April 18, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Go Down Deep (Friday)

Read: Psalm 119:130; Proverbs 2:1-5 

Dominic was scrolling through photos on his computer when his dad looked in. "Hey, Dad! I think I want to be a deep sea diver someday," Dominic announced. "Look at these pictures Uncle Tony sent me. He took them when he went deep sea diving in Florida."

Dad peered over Dominic's shoulder. "Wow," he said, "what unusual plants and animals! And what vivid colors!" His eyes twinkled. "Maybe I should become a deep sea diver too. It would be great to actually see those things."

Together they examined more of the pictures. "God must have a wonderful imagination to create such a variety of life forms," Dad observed.

"Uncle Tony says the farther down in the ocean you go, the prettier it gets," Dominic said as he zoomed in on another picture. He paused and turned to his dad. "Why do you suppose God made such interesting creatures and then hid them deep down in the ocean where most people don't ever see them?"

Dad thought for a moment. "I'm not sure, but these pictures remind me of the great God we have--and also of the riches we can find in the Bible."

"The Bible?" repeated Dominic. "What do these pictures have to do with the Bible?"

Dad smiled. "Well, think of Uncle Tony. He's seen the ocean many times, and yet he decided he wanted to explore it more thoroughly--to go down deep to see what he could discover. Do you think he was rewarded for his efforts?"

"He sure was," said Dominic. "These pictures are amazing!"

Dad nodded. "It's like that with God's Word. If we explore and study it, He'll reward us too. I used to think reading the Bible wasn't important. I figured I'd already heard all those Bible stories--and biblical principles--in church."

"You probably had," said Dominic. "I have too."

"We've heard many," said Dad, "but learning about Jesus through His Word is a lifelong process. There's always more He wants us to know, and He will reveal additional knowledge, insights, and wisdom to those who are willing to dig deeper into the Bible."

Dominic grinned. "I may have to wait to become a deep sea diver, but I can start exploring the Bible now!" (Linda R. Stai)

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you aware the Bible has much to teach you? It holds a tremendous amount of knowledge, and as you spend time reading and studying God’s Word, He will teach you new things. He’ll help you understand more about Himself and what He did to save you, and He’ll show you His promises and how He wants you to live. Go deep into His Word to find the treasures waiting for you!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Psalm 119:18 (KJV)

Open my eyes so that I can see all the wonderful things in your teachings. (ERV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
769 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/27/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file file adminMin 2021.02.23 54500
768 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/28/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.12.23 44220
» Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/03/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.07.01 36869
766 Daily Devotional 가이드 (05/30/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.05.27 30822
765 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/08/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.08.06 30369
764 Unlocked 가이드 (05/16/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.05.13 28076
763 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/21/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminChoi 2020.11.18 27396
762 Daily Devotional 가이드 (7/20/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.07.17 25794
761 Unlocked 가이드 (12/05/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.12.23 25100
760 Daily Devotional 가이드 (03/06/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.03.03 25085
759 Daily Devotional 가이드 (1/19/19) 수요일 file adminChoi 2019.01.16 24346
758 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/11/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminkms 2020.07.08 21188
757 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/22/20) 월요일 file adminkms 2020.02.21 19653