** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <March 11, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Grandpa’s Workshop (Monday)

Read: Psalm 34:17-19

"Can we go out for ice cream now, Grandpa?" Amelia asked as she walked into Grandpa's workshop. She was staying at his cottage for a few days, and they had planned to do many exciting things together--like flying kites on the beach and eating ice cream.

"Soon," said Grandpa. He held up an electric tool. "I just need to put my new wood planer away so I can fix Mrs. Cryer's bench this week and then we'll go."

Ever since Grandma had died, Grandpa liked to keep himself busy by fixing things for people. Whether it was an old table or a cupboard, Grandpa could mend it with the vast array of tools he kept in his workshop.

"Don't touch anything, Amelia," Grandpa said as he turned to clear a place on the shelf for the wood planer. "Many of my tools are sharp and can be dangerous in the wrong hands."

As Amelia walked inside, she looked up at all the different equipment, and the smell of wood and oil drifted up her nose.

"It smells like a forest," she whispered. There were planks of wood stacked up on the floor. She ran her hand along them. "Ouch!" she cried, then blushed. Grandpa had warned her not to touch anything. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry, love," Grandpa said. He wiped the scratch with a clean cloth and put a bandage over it. "There, that's better. That's why I bought a planer--to smooth out the sharp edges on those boards." He smiled at Amelia. "Do you know who smooths out our rough edges and heals us?"

Amelia thought about it and remembered something Pastor Hughes had talked about. "Jesus," she said.

"Yes," Grandpa replied. "Life isn't easy, and we all go through times of hurt that leave us rough and in need of healing. Jesus understands our troubles, and He helps us--like when I needed help after Grandma died. I could have given up, but I knew Jesus was with me and trusted Him to help me. With His guidance, I found something I loved doing that can help other people."

Amelia looked around Grandpa's workshop. "Grandma would have been proud."

Grandpa smiled, his eyes glistening. "Now, how about some delicious ice cream?"

-Cindy Lee

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you going through a rough spot in your life? Are there some difficult issues you’re dealing with that you need Jesus to help smooth out? He understands your struggles and promises to help you. Tell Him what you’re going through, and trust Him to be with you. It might not be easy, but Jesus will guide you through your troubles and bring healing changes to your life.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 34:17 (NLT) (KJV)

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < March 10, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Shopping Spree (Tuesday)

Read: Proverbs 14:31; Philippians 2:1-4 

Haley looked around the store with curiosity. It wasn't like the stores she and Mom usually shopped in. "Mom, that sign says thrift store.' What does that mean?"

"It's a store where you can buy things like clothes for low prices because they aren't new, but they're still in good shape."

Haley frowned. "We're buyingused clothes?"

"Yes, we are. You love getting hand-me-downs from your cousins. Those are used clothes."

"Yeah, but I know who wore those clothes first," said Haley.

"Remember how I told you that a house in this area burned down yesterday?" asked Mom. "The family that lived there has four kids. They lost everything."

Haley's mouth dropped open. "Everything?"

"Clothes, furniture, toys, books--yes, everything but the clothes they were wearing. Dad and I want to help, but we can't afford to buy new clothes for four kids. So, I want to see what I can find here. The oldest girl is your size. Why don't you see if you can find some nice pants and tops for her?"

Haley still didn't like the idea of used clothing, but after some searching, she found a stack of clothing items that looked good. "Mom, these jeans are brand-new with store tags still on them. But they only cost three dollars here!" Eventually Mom and Haley found enough clothes to fill a large bag for each kid with pants, tops, jackets, and pajamas. "That was actually fun," said Haley.

"I think the kids will like these," said Mom. "Aunt Sue was just here and found almost-new sneakers for each kid, and warm slippers too. And Mrs. Ackley from church bought them new socks and underwear. Isn't that nice? "

"Yeah. It still seems weird to shop for people we don't even know. Besides, you and Dad always say money is tight."

"Yes, money is tight for us. But the Bible tells us not to just look out for ourselves but also for the interests of others.' Jesus helped us when we needed to be saved from sin, and He wants us to help others. Maybe by helping to ease their burden, we can show them Jesus's love. Understand?"

Haley nodded and hugged her mom. "I was just thinking...I have lots of toys and books these kids might like."

-Teresa Ambord

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you know someone who needs help? You don’t have to be an adult to help someone, but depending on the situation, you may need to ask your parents if it’s okay. If you see a fellow student who has no lunch, maybe you could share your sandwich with them. If you see someone being bullied, tell an adult, and consider being a friend to that person. Look to the needs of others and do what you can to help them.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 John 3:17 (NLT) (KJV)

If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person?

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < March 08, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Peek-a-Boo (Wednesday)

Read: Psalm 13; 145:18; Isaiah 41:10 

Gibson hid behind the pink striped blanket for a couple of seconds and then dropped it. "Peek-a-boo!" Baby Nora laughed and clapped her chubby hands. They played the peek-a-boo game over and over again. Gibson loved to hear his little sister laugh.

Dad smiled. "You are teaching Nora an important lesson with that game."

"I am?" said Gibson. "What am I teaching her?"

"You're teaching her that even when she can't see you, you're still there," said Dad.

Nora pushed the blanket toward Gibson, wanting him to play again. Gibson held the blanket up and then dropped it. "Peek-a-boo!" he said. Nora laughed.

"It's a good lesson for us too," said Dad.

"What do you mean?" asked Gibson.

"Remember how you felt when Grandpa died?" said Dad. "And when Max moved away?"

Gibson thought for a minute. Those had been really difficult times. When his best friend moved to another school, Gibson felt very alone. And when his grandpa died, Gibson felt like God was really far away.

"Maybe your game of peek-a-boo with Nora can help us remember that even when we can't see or feel God, we can know that He is still there."

"Do you think everyone has days when they feel like God isn't there?" asked Gibson.

"Yes, I think so," said Dad. "In the Bible, even King David felt like God was far away at times. In Psalm 13, David asked God, How long will You hide Your face from me?'"

"That sounds just like my game of peek-a-boo with Nora," said Gibson.

"It does," said Dad. "Then, in Psalm 145, David remembers what is true and writes, "The Lord is near to all who call upon Him."

"Oh yeah," said Gibson. "Like how Nora is remembering that even if she can't see me, I'm still there too."

Dad nodded. "Like King David, we may feel like God is far away sometimes too, but feeling that way doesn't make it true. God sent His own Son, Jesus, to die for our sins so we could be His children, and He won't ever abandon us. He's there with us in good times and bad, whether we feel it or not."

Gibson smiled as he held up the blanket for his sister again and then let it fall. "Peek-a-boo!" -Kate Rietema

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you ever feel alone? Or like God is really far away? It’s okay if you do. When you feel that way, tell God—just like King David did. Then ask Him to help you remember that He is near. He loves you so much He sent Jesus to save you, and He knows what you’re going through. Trust Him to always be with you, even when you don’t feel it.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Psalm 145:18 (NKJV) (KJV)

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < March 09, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Bubble Gum Code (Thursday)

Read: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 

Billy worked the wad of bubble gum in his mouth to one cheek and stepped inside. "I'mmm hooommm."

Dad was at the kitchen table. "How was the birthday party?"

"Fntsssssstk!"

Dad looked confused. "Fantastic?" Mom smiled. "Glad to hear it."

"Wuved de ways-kah."

"He loved the race car you gave him? Wonderful!" Mom held out her hand. "Time to get rid of the bubble gum."

"Definitely," Dad said. "I don't know how Mom understood you."

Billy spit out his gum. "Mom broke the talking-while-chewing-bubble-gum code years ago!"

"For a moment," Dad said, "I thought you'd learned a secret code."

"I wish," said Billy. "Do you know any secret codes, Dad?"

"I only know about some codes," Dad said. "Like the ones used in World War Two." Dad grabbed his history book. "In May 1941, British battleships tried stopping enemy submarines with depth charges, which were basically big barrels filled with explosives. One sub was badly damaged and had to surface. A battleship named the Bulldog pulled alongside the German submarine and captured thirty-two men. They found code books and a secret code machine called the Enigma."

"Whoa," Billy said. "How did the machine work?"

"The submarine commanders sent and received secret messages on it--about where they were hiding or where they were going to attack," Dad said. "When the British captured the Enigma machine, they broke the enemy's code and understood their secrets--which helped the Allies win the war."

Dad's story made Billy think of something totally different. "Sometimes reading my Bible feels like a battle," Billy said. "As if some parts are written in code that I don't understand."

"Mom and I can help you with that," Dad said. "But there are some parts God may not fully explain until we see Jesus face-to-face--and that's okay. The important thing to know is that the Bible tells us who God is and how we can have eternal life with Him by trusting in His Son, Jesus." Dad smiled. "And that's no secret!"

-Matt Shoemaker

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Does reading the Bible ever feel like trying to crack a secret code? There are parts of the Bible that can be difficult to understand, but the overall message is plain—God is holy and good, and we need His Son, Jesus, to save us from sin and give us eternal life. The Bible is the greatest book ever written because it’s God’s Word, and He helps us understand everything we need to know.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Deuteronomy 29:29 (NIV) (KJV)

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever.

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional < March 13, 2022>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Time for Toast (Friday)

Read: Luke 11:5-10 

"Levi, you forgot to pray for Carter today," said Anna after her older brother finished his prayer at the breakfast table.

"You're not supposed to criticize other people's prayers," said Levi. "And anyway, I gave up praying for Carter. It wasn't working. He's not interested in coming to church or talking about Jesus."

As Mom put bread into the toaster, Anna frowned at her brother. "But you only started praying for him two weeks ago!"

"Who's counting? Besides, God could save him in two seconds if He wanted to," Levi answered defensively. "Remember the story of Saul? Jesus came to him in a blinding light, and he believed right away!"

Mom gave Levi a thoughtful look. Then she leaned over and popped up the bread in the toaster.

"Are you sure the toast is done already?" Levi asked. "That didn't take long."

Mom took a slice from the toaster and held it out. "It doesn't look like the toaster is working, does it? This is as white as when I put it in."

"You just took it out too soon," said Levi. "Iknew it needed more time!"

Anna smiled knowingly. "So does prayer," she told him. "Right, Mom?"

"Sometimes," Mom replied. "But you're right about one thing, Levi. God can save Carter in a second--and He will, as soon as Carter trusts Jesus as his Savior." Mom held up the limp piece of bread. "If this slice were very thin, it would toast quickly. If it were frozen, it would take longer. If it doesn't get toasted enough the first time we put it down, we have to put it down again." She put the bread back into the toaster. "That's an illustration of how we need to pray for people."

"Because some people don't respond as quickly as others?" asked Levi.

"That's right," said Mom. "Our job is to pray again and again if we don't see results right away." As she spoke, the toast popped up.

Anna reached for it. "It's done now." She grinned at her brother. "See? It pays to be patient--when you're toasting and when you're praying."

Soon they were all eating warm, brown toast--and Levi decided he would keep praying for Carter. -Heather M. Tekavec

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you prayed for somebody who doesn’t know Jesus? Does it seem like nothing is happening? Keep praying anyway. People aren’t all alike, and God works in each person’s life differently. Sometimes you may see answers to prayer quickly. Sometimes it may be a long time—even years—before you see any results. So keep on praying, knowing Jesus loves that person and hears your prayers.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NLT) (KJV)

Never stop praying.

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
269 Daily Devotional 가이드 (12/19/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.12.23 123
268 Daily Devotional 가이드 (09/05/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2020.09.02 123
267 Daily Devotional 가이드 (6/8/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.06.05 121
266 스토리타임 가이드 (8/13/16) file adminKimJ 2016.08.11 121
265 스토리타임 가이드 (4/9/16) file adminPark 2016.04.07 120
264 스토리타임 가이드 (4/2/16) file adminPark 2016.03.31 120
263 Unlocked 가이드 (04/30/22) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2022.04.28 119
262 Daily Devotional 가이드 (4/27/19) 월요일 file adminkms 2019.04.24 119
261 Daily Devotional 가이드 (4/27/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.04.24 118
260 스토리타임 가이드 (7/9/16) file adminPark 2016.07.07 118