** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <June 22, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Good Fisherman (Monday)

Read: Matthew 4:18-22; John 1:35-42

Owen looked up from his fishing tackle box and saw his friend Caleb coming up the driveway. They were going fishing that afternoon.

"Hi, Caleb," Owen said. "Just checking to make sure all the lures and hooks are in order. I already checked my rod and dug up a bunch of worms. Mom fixed a lunch for us, so let's go!"

Owen's thoroughness in preparing paid off. He almost always came home with a string of fish, and that day was no exception. But when Owen entered the house, his mom noticed he was unusually quiet. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"Well, when Caleb and I were eating the lunch you sent with us, he asked me why I always bow my head and close my eyes for a few seconds before I eat," replied Owen. "I told him I was praying, and he asked why."

"And what did you tell him?" asked Mom.

"I told him I was thanking God for our food. Then Caleb asked me about God and church and all sorts of things, and I didn't know what to say! I never thought about how to explain why we go to church or how I know God loves me. I just know, that's all!" Owen was obviously feeling frustrated.

"I see." Mom was thoughtful. "Do you know what it means to be a fisher of people?" she asked.

"Sure," Owen answered. "It means bringing others to Jesus. We talked about that in Sunday school."

"Before you go fishing for fish, you always check your rod and tackle and, in general, prepare carefully," said Mom. "We need to prepare to fish for people too."

"How do I do that?" Owen asked.

"Well, let's talk about the things Caleb asked you," said Mom. "Thinking through them will help you figure out how to explain God's love for us and why Jesus died on the cross for our sins."

"Okay," said Owen. "Should we look up Bible verses about it too?"

"Yes, we should. Becoming familiar with God's Word is part of preparing to be a fisher of people. So let's prepare, and then when the chance comes, you'll be ready with an answer for Caleb--or for anyone else who asks."

-Deborah S. Marett

HOW ABOUT YOU?

What will you say if you’re asked why you believe in Jesus? Or why you go to church or read the Bible? Being familiar with your Bible and knowing where to locate verses about Jesus and what He did to save us will help prepare you for unexpected questions. It will help you become an effective fisher of people—one who can introduce friends to the love and grace of Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)

If someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <June 21, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Finally Thirteen (Tuesday)

Read: 1 Timothy 4:12-15

"Finally!" exclaimed Nicole when she came in for breakfast. "I was beginning to think this day would never get here. But it did, and I'm finally thirteen!"

"Happy birthday," said Cece, Nicole's little sister. "But why are you so glad to be thirteen?"

"Because now I'm a teenager, and people will think of me as grown up--or almost," Nicole replied.

Cece still didn't understand. "You mean you were just a kid last night when you were twelve, and today you're a grownup?"

Before Nicole could answer, Mom came into the room. "Nicole, your dad just called from Boston. He's having car trouble and may not be able to get home in time for your birthday party this afternoon."

"What? No! He's supposed to put together an escape room in the basement with clues for us to solve. I told all my friends about it, and they're super excited!"

"I'm sorry, Nicole," said Mom. "We may need to wait and do that another time. We can come up with some other games to play at your party today."

Nicole glowered. "Why did Dad have to go to Boston right before my birthday anyway? Everybody knows how important this day is to me, but does anybody care? No!" She seemed like she was ready to cry.

Cece looked at her big sister. "Are you being thirteen or twelve?"

"I...um..." Nicole stammered. Then she sighed. "I'm thirteen in numbers, but I guess I'm acting like a little kid. I'm sorry. I know Dad will get here if he can." She nudged her sister. "Thanks for reminding me to act my age, Cece."

"You know, the Bible says we can be an example to others no matter how old we are," Mom said. "Because our hearts have been changed by Jesus, we can encourage others to act in kind, unselfish ways. You don't have to be thirteen to do that--as Cece just showed us."

Cece smiled and turned to her sister. "Nicole, can I choose a game and play it with your friends? I want to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey!"

"Cece, I'm too old to play Pin the Tail--" Suddenly, Nicole stopped and took a deep breath. Dear Lord, she prayed, I think You're going to have to help me be thirteen.

-Ruth I. Jay

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you eager to be older? Do you think being grown up happens automatically at a certain age? It doesn’t. Growing physically and emotionally takes time, and growing spiritually takes time too. But because you know Jesus, you have the Holy Spirit living inside you, and He’s helping you grow to be more like Jesus each day. You don’t have to wait until you’re older to be a godly example to others. Start now!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV)

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. (NIV)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <June 23, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

The Jigsaw Puzzle (Wednesday)

Read: Philippians 2:1-5 

"Look at all the pieces!" exclaimed little Ryan when his brother and sister opened a puzzle box. "I want to help." He began turning puzzle pieces right side up and looking for where they went.

"Stop that," said Penny, elbowing Ryan out of the way when he tried to add a piece to the section she was working on. "That white piece doesn't go here. I'm working on the blue lake."

"It doesn't go here either," Levi said a minute later. "Your piece is part of the white house, not these green trees."

"But where does the house go?" asked Ryan.

"The picture on the box shows what the finished puzzle will look like," said Mom. "The white house is in this top corner." She pointed. "Let's find more of the white pieces." Soon Ryan was looking back and forth from the picture on the box to the puzzle on the table and picking up pieces.

"The puzzle is getting more and more like the picture," Ryan said after several pieces had been put in place.

"That reminds me of what the Bible says about us," said Mom. "Christians grow to be more and more like Jesus."

"But we don't have a picture of Jesus to look at," Penny said.

"We don't know what He looked like physically," Mom replied. "But the Bible isn't talking about His physical appearance--it's talking about His character and heart. The Holy Spirit helps us love the things Jesus loves and share His attitudes and desires. And we do have a picture of Him that shows those things."

Levi looked up. "I heard somebody say that the Bible gives us a picture of Jesus."

"Yeah," said Penny. "It tells all about Him!"

"For example?" asked Mom.

"He is holy because He is God," said Levi.

"He loves us, and He's kind and patient," Penny said. "And..." She looked at little Ryan. "He wouldn't elbow people out of the way."

"He...He'd help them!" declared Ryan. He held up a puzzle piece and grinned. "Mommy helped me find this and I looked at the picture and here's where it goes," he said happily, fitting the piece into the puzzle.

-Agnes Maddy

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Are you growing to be more and more like Jesus? The Bible tells you what He is like. It’s a picture of the love He has for us. Read it for yourself. Listen to Bible stories. Pay attention in church. When you read and hear about Jesus and what He’s like, think about how He would act in your situation. Follow His example, and trust God to help you grow to be more like Him as you show His love to others.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV)

And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like [Jesus] as we are changed into his glorious image. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <June 25, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Western Adventure (Part 2) (Thursday)

Read: Psalm 18:1-2, 30-32

"That was cool!" said Allie when their plane landed at an airport near the Black Hills of South Dakota. "I like flying."

"Me too," said Mara and Collin together.

Their grandparents met them at the airport, and by the next day they were ready for another adventure. "What would you kids like to do today?" asked Grandpa. "Are you ready to see the sights?"

"Can we go see Mount Rushmore?" asked Allie. "It sounds so cool. I know there are four faces carved into the side of the mountain. One is George Washington, one is Abraham Lincoln, and...I can't remember who else."

"Thomas Jefferson and Theodore Roosevelt," said Collin. "They were all American presidents."

Grandpa nodded. "Okay, if everyone agrees, let's go see it."

When they reached the famous memorial park, they learned more about the work and the methods that had been used to make the carvings. After admiring them from a distance, they walked the trail that took them a little closer to the site.

Back at the car, Allie looked up at the four heads again. "I think I'll have my head carved on a mountain someday," she said, grinning. "Would you like to see me from the front or from the side?" She turned her head so the others could see both angles.

Collin and Mara laughed out loud. "Forget it!" said Collin. "They only carve important people." "Of course, we're all important to God," said Grandma. "In fact, He's working on us right now, carving experiences into our lives that help us grow to be more like Jesus."

Grandpa nodded. "You need to be at a distance to see all the men's faces together. It's like that with our lives too. We're too close to the events to see how they fit together. But God sees the entire picture of our lives from the distance of eternity, and He knows just what's needed. As the Bible says, His way is perfect."

"I like what He's carving in our lives right now," said Mara. "I'm having fun." She held up her camera. "And when things don't look so good to us, all the pictures we take will help us remember that God sees our whole lives and carves them out just right."

-Jan L. Hansen

HOW ABOUT YOU?

What is God carving in your life right now? Are you learning new things and enjoying time with friends and family? Are there also things you wish were different? Maybe you’re even going through something difficult. Whatever happens, trust God to work everything out for your good. He’s the master carver and knows how to use each experience in your life to make you look more like Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 8:28 (KJV)

All things work together for the good of those who love God. (CSB)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org로 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <June 26, 2021>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Memorial Rock (Friday)

Read: 1 Samuel 7:7-12

The James family stood looking at the huge oak tree lying across their front yard. During the night, a fierce storm had blown it down. "Wow!" said Julia. "If that tree had fallen just a little farther this way, it would have hit the house!"

Dad nodded. "God surely takes good care of us," he said, placing his hand on Julia's shoulder.

Ezra eyed the short distance from the fallen tree to the house. "Yeah," he said in awe. "Our house isn't damaged at all."

"I hope I never forget all the good things God has done for us," said Mom.

"But sometimes He lets bad things happen to us," said Julia. "Like when Grandma got in that really bad car accident."

"Yes, but even then, Grandma--and all of us--felt God's comfort and peace," said Dad. "We knew we could trust Him to care for us no matter what happened because Jesus has saved us and given us eternal life, and we'll never be separated from Him."

Ezra nodded. "When I get scared, it helps to remember other times when God took care of me."

"My Sunday school teacher told us a Bible story about how Samuel set up a stone and gave it a name--kind of a funny name that meant something like God helped us,'" Julia said. "Our teacher called it a memorial rock because it was set up as a reminder that God had won a battle for Israel."

"You're thinking of the name Ebenezer," said Mom.

Dad grinned. "Maybe we should set up a memorial rock of our own."

"Maybe. Or could we put together a scrapbook with pictures and stories about the times God has helped us?" Julia asked. "We could add to it whenever something special happens--like this tree missing the house."

"Good idea," said Ezra. "And let's include a picture of all of us standing in front of this big tree. Whenever we see the picture, we'll be reminded of how God took care of us."

"We can call it our Ebenezer book," Dad suggested. He held up his phone. "Everyone go stand next to the tree so I can take a picture. Let's start our book today!" -Deana L. Rogers

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you have a way of remembering the things the Lord has done for you? Have you received a special answer to prayer or been protected in a dangerous situation? Has He helped you through a hard class at school or provided a friend when you felt lonely? Why don’t you keep a record of what God has done for you? Let it be a reminder that He promises to help you through every difficult situation.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 Chronicles 16:12 (KJV)

Remember His marvelous works which He has done. (NKJV)

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
629 Unlocked 가이드 (08/28/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.09.03 56
628 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/28/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.09.03 342
627 Unlocked 가이드 (08/21/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.18 835
626 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/21/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.18 414
625 Unlocked 가이드 (08/14/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.11 622
» Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/14/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.11 11577
623 Unlocked 가이드 (08/07/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.06 7272
622 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/07/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.06 5591
621 Unlocked 가이드 (07/31/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.07.26 4211
620 Daily Devotional 가이드 (07/31/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.07.26 4159
619 Unlocked 가이드 (07/24/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.07.23 1378