** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다.

Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다.

‘Together Is Better’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 16, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Together Is Better (Monday)

Read: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

"Hey, Dad, did you know emperor penguins can survive in temperatures of minus 76 degrees with the wind chill?" Wynter asked. She had been reading a nature magazine that had just come in the mail. "I can barely survive half an hour outside when it's in the single digits! I wonder how they do it?" Wynter's family lived in a little town up north that had its fair amount of cold, snowy weather. She knew all too well what it was like to feel so cold her toes hurt.

Dad looked up from his laptop. "Why don't you keep reading. I bet the article explains how they adapt to the intensely cold climate of Antarctica."

Wynter kept reading and soon found the answer. "It says here the penguins all huddle together in a big circle. The penguins on the inside are protected from the wind and get warm from the other penguins' body heat. They take turns moving to the inside of the circle to get warm."

"A single penguin probably wouldn't survive outside the group," Dad said. "You know, God made us a little like penguins."

Wynter started strutting around the room. "Do I look like a penguin or something?"

Dad laughed. "Well, maybe a little. But what I meant is that we need each other for support and encouragement. When Mom was sick last year, I don't know what we would have done without our friends and neighbors bringing us meals and helping with transportation. They surrounded us with their love so we could get through a very hard time in our family."

Wynter nodded. "Mrs. Carney even cleaned our house for a couple of months until Mom got better."

"Right!" Dad said. "God created us to have community with others, and when our Christian friends and neighbors helped us during that hard time, they showed us the love and encouragement of Jesus and reminded us He was with us. Now we can look for ways to help other people in need."

"I've helped Mom make cheer baskets for people in the hospital," said Wynter. "She said now that she's better, she wants to share God's love and encouragement with the patients there. "

Dad nodded. "We need each other's support, just like the penguins!" Kendra Angle

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Have you ever been lonely or hurting and someone gave you a kind word or a gentle hug? Didn’t you feel better knowing you had a friend who cared? Jesus wants us to support and encourage one another, especially in the hard times. We can remind each other of His love and that He’s always with us. Look for ways you can be an encouragement to someone who needs a friend!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE:  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (KJV)

Two are better than one…if one falls down, his friend can help him up. (NIV)

‘A Fruit-Bearer’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 10, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Fruit-Bearer (Tuesday)

Read: Galatians 5:22-26 

Mateo rushed downstairs in a whirlwind with his hair sticking straight up, shoelaces untied, and shirt tails untucked. He grabbed the only banana on the counter and started peeling it with lightning speed.

"Hey! That's my banana! It's for my lunch!" shouted his sister, Maria.

"It doesn't have your name on it, and I'm starving," replied Mateo, giving his sister a piercing glare.

"Well, you wouldn't be starving if you had come down for breakfast when Mom called. Now we'll probably be late for school." Maria tossed a brown paper bag in Mateo's direction. "Start packing your lunch. Mom wanted to leave three minutes ago."

Just then Mom rushed into the kitchen. She pulled out the ham and cheese sandwiches from the fridge and tossed them into each of their lunch sacks. "Don't forget to put two types of fruit in your lunch bags," Mom reminded them.

"I know!" Maria said forcefully as she threw a tangerine into her sack.

"Here's a lemon for the sourpuss!" Mateo slammed down a lemon on the counter right in front of his sister.

"Whoa! Hold on here!" Mom moved over and stood between her son and daughter. "You both need to have an attitude check before we head out of this house. You're packing edible fruit in your lunch bags, but you sure aren't showing the most important kind of fruit."

"What do you mean, Mom?" asked Maria in a softer tone.

"I'm talking about the fruit of the Spirit. Just like a tree bears fruit, the Bible talks about the fruit we bear in our lives. Because we've put our faith and trust in Jesus, the Holy Spirit lives within us. Because of Him, we can show these fruits to others--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."

"I'm thinking we weren't showing that kind of fruit this morning," said Mateo.

"I think you're right," Maria agreed. "What do you say we start over?"

"Sounds good, sis." Mateo smiled as he traded his sister's lemon for an apple. Emily Rudolph

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you see God’s fruit in your life? Do you show the fruit of love to your siblings even when they frustrate you? Do you show the fruit of self-control in class when you’re supposed to be quiet? How about the fruit of patience? As a Christian, the Holy Spirit gives you the strength and ability to bear these fruits. Trust Him to help you show fruit today.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV)

The Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (NLT)

‘Character Counts’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 11, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Character Counts (Wednesday)

Read: Romans 5:1-5; Philippians 1:6 

"And first place goes to Isabelle Jones!"

Noah's heart sank. He'd spent hours on his science fair entry. He'd put in the extra effort, but there was not going to be a trophy, not even a ribbon, for him to bring home.

During dinner that evening, Noah's dad asked what was wrong. "I'm still upset about the science fair," Noah answered. "What's the point of working hard if I don't win?"

Dad scooped a second helping of green beans onto his plate. "Noah," he said, "working hard isn't only about winning. We work hard to bring God glory and because we know He's working in our lives to help us develop good character."

"Character," Noah echoed. "We've been talking about character in school, but I guess I'm not even sure what it really means."

"Your character is part of what makes you you," Dad answered. "Do you treat other people kindly? Do you tell the truth? Do you make wise choices? How you answer all of those questions tells a lot about your character."

Noah took a sip of milk. "So, working hard is worth it...even if I don't win?"

"That's exactly right," Dad said. "Because we trust in Jesus, we can be joyful about the tough things in life, like losing a contest even though we worked hard, because we know He'll use those things to make us stronger and build our character. I noticed how you congratulated Isabelle after she won--that's an example of good character."

Dad paused to chew a green bean before continuing. "Character also strengthens our hope in Jesus because it shows how He's working in our lives to make us more like Him. It reminds us how He's saved us from sin and promises to finish the good work He's started in us."

"You know," said Noah, "I still kind of wish I had won the contest, but now I can see that all my hard work wasn't for nothing. I learned a lot, and God used it to help me grow--without me even knowing it!"

Noah thought more about what he and his dad had talked about as he got ready for bed. As he prayed, he thanked God for using hard things to help him grow in his faith. Amanda Jass

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Did you ever work hard at something and then feel discouraged when you didn’t win or get a good grade? Or maybe you were a kind friend, but that person still said something mean about you. Don’t give up. God can use those things to help you grow in your faith. Trust Him to use those situations to build your character and remind you of the hope you have in Jesus.

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 5:4 (KJV)

Endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. (NLT)

** Daily Devotional 에서 방송된 내용의 줄거리입니다. Daily Devotional Keys for kids Ministries에서 지원받은 프로그램입니다. ‘Expired’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 13, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

Expired (Thursday)

Read: Joshua 23:14; 2 Peter 1:2-4 

"Adventure Land, here we come!" exclaimed Jena as she and her friend Ellie jumped into the car. "I can't believe we finally saved enough money and are really on our way! Of course, we wouldn't even be going yet if you hadn't found this coupon for half-price tickets, Ellie!"

Soon they reached the park. But when the woman at the ticket booth looked at the coupon Jena gave her, she shook her head. "I'm sorry," she said, "but this coupon has expired. l have to charge you the full amount."

"Expired?" asked Ellie. "I didn't notice that."

Jena's mom looked at the coupon. "I'm sorry, girls," she said. "I should have checked the coupon before we left. Since I didn't, I'll pay the extra amount."

"Wow! Thanks, Mom!" said Jena. "You're the best!"

"Yeah, thanks!" said Ellie gratefully. So the tickets were purchased and everyone went into the park.

After a day of fun and laughter, the girls and Jena's mom piled back into the car for the trip home. "I had such a good time today, but I feel bad about giving you an expired coupon," Ellie said with a sigh. "Thank you so much, Mrs. Brown, for paying the difference for us."

"You're very welcome," said Jena's mom. "I'm glad we came--I had fun myself."

"Me too," said Jena. "Maybe we should stay longer."

"Not today," her mom said. "We have church tomorrow, so we need to get to bed on time." She drove out of the parking lot. "That coupon reminds me of something that never expires."

"What's that?" asked Jena.

"God's promises," Mom replied. "They're better than any coupon offer. Do you know what some of God's promises are?"

"Uh...we learned a verse in church that says God will never leave us," said Ellie.

"And God promises eternal life to those who trust in Jesus," added Jena.

Mom nodded. "God also promises to hear our prayers," she said, "and Jesus promises to return one day to right every wrong and make all things new, and resurrect our bodies so we can live with Him forever."

"That's going to be an adventure way better than Adventure Land!" said Jena.

Ellie nodded. "I'm so glad God's promises never expire." Karen R. Locklear

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you know that God has made many promises? He promises to save you from your sin when you trust in Jesus, to hear His children when they pray, to give you joy, to supply all your needs, and to resurrect believers to eternal life with Him. You can find more of His promises in His Word—the Bible. And His promises will never expire. They will last forever!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: 1 John 2:25 (KJV)

And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life.

‘A Special Love’ 원본으로 듣고 싶으신 분들은 홈페이지 www.keysforkids.org 들어가시면 Keys for kids Daily Devotional <Feb 14, 2020>에서 다시 들으실 있습니다.**

A Special Love (Friday)

Read: Romans 5:8-11 

"I really don't see what's so special about Jesus dying to save people," Brad stated bluntly. His mother stared at him in disbelief. "Well, I don't!" he said. "Lots of soldiers have died so we can be free."

"That's true, Brad," said Mom, "and I'd say that's pretty amazing and special, wouldn't you?"

"Well, sure," said Brad, "but what I mean is, if I could save a bunch of people by dying like they did, I'd do it too. At least, I hope I would. Well, when Jesus died, he saved millions of people from going to hell. Wouldn't lots of people be willing to do that?"

Mom raised her brows. "Dying for our sins involved more than just physical death," she said. "Jesus' sacrifice was much greater than soldiers dying for their country. Think of it this way--would you die for a thousand grasshoppers?"

A broad grin spread over Brad's face. "Are you kidding? No way!"

"Well, when you compare grasshoppers to us, they seem very small and unimportant, don't they?" Mom replied. "When you compare us to God, don't you think we seem just as small and unimportant?"

Brad frowned. "I never thought of it like that." He was startled at the idea. It was a bit scary to think of himself as little as a grasshopper in comparison to God.

"But, Brad," continued Mom, "there's a big difference between how you see a grasshopper and how God sees you. You don't care a thing for grasshoppers, but God loves you! That's why Jesus came to earth. You're so important to Him that He willingly died to save you from sin because He knows you're totally incapable of saving yourself. Love makes all the difference in the world."

"I guess so," Brad said.

His mother hugged him. "That's how much Jesus loves you, Brad. Soldiers have died to give us earthly freedoms, but they can't free us from sin. Only Jesus can do that. He was willing to take the punishment for your sin so you could be saved and have eternal life."

"Wow. That is special, isn't it?" Brad said thoughtfully. "That's a special love!" Barbara J. Westberg

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Do you appreciate what Jesus did for you on the cross? He died for you so you could have eternal life with Him! That’s a special love. All the love you hear about on Valentine’s Day is nothing compared to the love Jesus has for you. Have you accepted His gift of salvation? If not, trust Him as your Savior today!

TODAY'S KEY VERSE: Romans 5:8 (KJV)

God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
689 Daily Devotional 가이드 (01/25/20) 수요일 file adminkms 2020.01.22 6073
688 Daily Devotional 가이드 (02/08/20) 목요일 file adminkms 2020.02.06 5940
687 Daily Devotional 가이드 (8/31/19) 금요일 file adminkms 2019.08.28 5880
686 Unlocked 가이드 (08/22/20) 월요일 ~ 금요일 adminkms 2020.08.19 5776
685 Daily Devotional 가이드 (11/09/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.11.06 5712
684 Daily Devotional 가이드 (5/4/19) 화요일 file adminkms 2019.05.09 5647
683 Unlocked 가이드 (05/29/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.05.27 5625
682 Daily Devotional 가이드 (10/26/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.10.24 5623
681 Daily Devotional 가이드 (08/07/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.08.06 5591
680 Unlocked 가이드 (06/05/21) 월요일 ~ 금요일 file adminMin 2021.06.03 5580
679 Daily Devotional 가이드 (9/21/19) 수요일 file adminkms 2019.09.18 5568